Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I remember years ago people ringing up complaining about Pavorotti.

Saying he didn't engage with the crowd i.e. mention he was in Ireland or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

French-america = México??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

She must know someone senior in Tesco too. I was in a Tesco store last weekend browsing DVDs and Blu rays when I saw this for €24.99 :eek::eek: (not a typo - €24.99!!!!!!):

dvd1.jpg

Try putting that in Bargain Alerts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Lapin wrote: »
    Spaniard signs in Spanish.

The bastard :eek:

Recoja su basura
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Is she sure she it wasnt a Jimmy Savile concert she went to .. ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I was at that Leonard Cohen gig. It was the best gig I was at since the time he played in Kilmainham. Magical nights.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Why does this one keep going to the old fogeys if they have all been brutal, why keep paying over the odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The sh1te that's going on in the country and this nonsense gets over half an hour.

sligojoek wrote: »
    The sh1te that's going on in the country and this nonsense gets over half an hour.

When no one is meant to have money to spare.:p

any new diseases we would like to know about....

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    I know! You'd almost think it was deliberate..
    and they all have power showers and sky

I saw Chuck Berry when he was pushing 70 - cracking gig.

I went to The Three Degrees and they were rubbish.. Wanting to know what went wrong, I confonted the lead singer after the concert and gave him the third degree.. :pac:

For me.

Best - Leonard Cohen in the Point
    Worst - Bob Dylan in Pearse Stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Oh it was Christy Moore he was at, I was beginning to think he was at Julio Eglesias too, but had a different experience..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I was surprised that the Garth Brooks tickets were only €65, I thought that was decent enough for such a big name for a come back gig. Looking at the amount that sold he could have charged more. but paying 92 euro for Julio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

What about Kasabian Joe. Playing Cork, Limerick and Galway this week for €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Caller: I was at Stevie Wonder a few years ago in the O2 Joe. I was seated behind a pillar and couldn't see a thing Joe. I didn't see him once throughout the whole concert Joe.
    Joe: And could Stevie see you caller?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I went to The Three Degrees and they were rubbish.. Wanting to know what went wrong, I confonted the lead singer after the concert and gave him the third degree.. :pac:

In my day the Three Degrees were all women, now I now what went wrong..

• Advertisement

For me
    Best - George Michael first comeback tour (in the point) great night
    Worst - Rod Stuart, he didn't speak for the first hour (reckon he was hungover to death!), finally warmed up or had a drink at the interval and got a bit better.

Lapin wrote: »
    Worst - Bob Dylan in Pearse Stadium.

"And how many times can you sing the same song
    Before they all cop on..."

No Neil Diamond?

I'd never go to a Christy Moore... For a man who goes on about civil rights and inequality, he then deprives his audience of a pint just because he doesnt drink...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

One generation is throwing around 180 euro to watch a mahogany headed warbler and another is eating weetabix for dinner

snubbleste wrote: »
    No Neil Diamond?

Dont remind me of that ad, Mary Byrne was supporting we were tortured for weeks on Live Lahhhnnnnn with that ad!

• Advertisement

Bowl test kit.

They should hand them out at the next Funny Friday.

"Just a simple stool test."
    Has it got three legs?
    Yep.
    Pass.

I wonder have any RTÉ presenters received any bowel samples?

pc7 wrote: »
    Dont remind me of that ad, Mary Byrne was supporting we were tortured for weeks on Live Lahhhnnnnn with that ad!
    Eh, it was months and months every friggin ad break!

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    "And how many times can you sing the same song
    Before they all cop on..."

• Advertisement

One generation is throwing around 180 euro to watch a mahogany headed warbler and another is eating weetabix for dinner

But we are constantly told that generation is freezing and cant' heat their homes, now we know why. They'd be better off burning the 180 euro in their little fires than spending it on Julio.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinrea01

Ha ha......BRILLIANT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

Does Joe not realize it is perfectly acceptable to say "compare" without immediately following it with "contrast"

I missed the ippi show, did Joe just say the public health service covers ippi, so why doesn't the guy just get it publicly if his health insurance doesn't cover it or am I missing facts?

I make a policy of not going to see anything in the theater that has "underpants" in the title...

Went to see the fabulous animals at the Natural History Museum Joe.

They were all dead Joe.

I want my money back Joe.

It's free in caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Caller: I was at Stevie Wonder a few years ago in the O2 Joe. I was seated behind a pillar and couldn't see a thing Joe. I didn't see him once throughout the whole concert Joe.
    Joe: And could Stevie see you caller?

A mate of mine went to see Ray Charles near the end of his career. Poor old Ray wasn't up to it and constantly fecked off backstage to recuperate letting the band do most of the work. My mate had enough and headed for the exit. "Wait! Wait!" Said his missus "It's so rude, what if he sees us?"

Why is he moaning, Aldi are providing jobs

Cos he owns the 2 Supervalus?

Supervalu used to be dumps of shops bottom of the barrel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

WTF is all this about their families ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

Aldi buy alot of Irish produce. But 3 in the one town makes Lidl sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Wonder is this guy working for Super Valu? Aldi and Lidl are providing a need for lots of families in Ireland - he should be ringing the Planning Department of Wexford County Council not Joe. Joe has researcher busily looking up what Aldi and Lidl are

This guy is quite creepy, he is coming across as so arrogant. Aldi wouldn't have 3 stores if it wasn't cost effective.

This guy complaining about a rival.

Why is he allowed on air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Or Mooney "hilariously" reversing the running order and saying it was Mary Byrne headlining and supported by Neil Diamond.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ah here he hasnt even gone in himself !

FFS .

thats worth more than all your "demographic research" !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Glib f*cker.

They just take jobs from indigenous Irish companies... There's no more people gonna be buying more shopping... Same as Naas, brand new spanking Tesco opens... SuperQuinn, been there for years, closes...

• Advertisement

Duffy:Aldi provides jobs

Caller:Do they?

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement