Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"The legs were broken off"

I wonder if Ryan Tubridy was seen in the vicinity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

There's a lot of tears on the show today?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I never wanted to be a landlord its just how things worked out (met himself got married, couldn't sell my place), it can be a real nightmare. Not every landlord is a slum tenement landlord. I had a RA tenant and he was really clean and I always tried to work with him, sometimes if the rent was late he'd let me know and I'd accept it (at christmas or that). Then he said there was a problem but the social were dealing with it, every week he'd give me an update that it was being sorted blah blah blah so I let it run and then he rang he'd left the country and taken the RA with him, I was raging with myself. Felt a real fool, will never take RA again as I wasn't able to get a deposit to even cover things that were take like the tv or that. He'd been my tenant for 4 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

If these tenants are claiming rent allowance, surely they can be traced to their new address through the DSP if the are continuing to claim there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

a tenant moves into a house, won`t pay the rent, destroys the place, tough luck mr or mrs landlord

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Lapin wrote: »
    If these tenants are claiming rent allowance, surely they can be traced to their new address through the DSP if the are continuing to claim there ?

I reported my tenant and that he'd left the country, they didn't seem to know. I wonder if he ever comes back will they dock him what he stole (from me basicially). RA should be paid to the landlord direct along with a deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I'd say there were plenty of ashes left in the grate..

pc7 wrote: »
    I never wanted to be a landlord its just how things worked out (met himself got married, couldn't sell my place), it can be a real nightmare. Not every landlord is a slum tenement landlord. I had a RA tenant and he was really clean and I always tried to work with him, sometimes if the rent was late he'd let me know and I'd accept it (at christmas or that). Then he said there was a problem but the social were dealing with it, every week he'd give me an update that it was being sorted blah blah blah so I let it run and then he rang he'd left the country and taken the RA with him, I was raging with myself. Felt a real fool, will never take RA again as I wasn't able to get a deposit to even cover things that were take like the tv or that. He'd been my tenant for 4 years.

This is common. I have a friend who let a house and the tenant disappeared 3 months later taking every bit of furniture, all the appliances and even the kitchen units. It cost him a fortune.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I reported my tenant and that he'd left the country, they didn't seem to know. I wonder if he ever comes back will they dock him what he stole (from me basicially). RA should be paid to the landlord direct along with a deposit.
    You should lodge a case with the prtb. It's not only for tenants, landlords also win cases

Roger_007 wrote: »
    This is common. I have a friend who let a house and the tenant disappeared 3 months later taking every bit of furniture, all the appliances and even the kitchen units. It cost him a fortune.

Well its turned me very wary, I'd always try and treat people nice, I'd send him a bottle at christmas and that. I'm a lot tougher now.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    You should lodge a case with the prtb. It's not only for tenants, landlords also win cases

I never thought of that, I've only heard horror stories dealing with the prtb, thanks (scurries off to get the paperwork together).

He stole it from us all if he used it as savings to move abroad.

And that is a good enough reason for the DSP to chase him for it.

Unfortunately in your case the DSP will say it is up to you to chase him for what he owes you.

"I know that I know you said that"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Remember the goverment hymn sheet with the " talk to your landlord ". Now it should be 'renters talk to your government'.

Landlord looking for tax allowance.

Ah yes, the old what's in it for me mentality lives on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

Is that a bad idea, do away with rent allowance, rents would fall, house prices wud fall ? wud that be so bad ?

De ban on de bedsits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

The rent allowance money should NEVER go in to the hands of the tennant.. The money should be passed directly from the Government to the landlord... Why would it ever be any different?

Big C wrote: »
    Is that a bad idea, do away with rent allowance, rents would fall, house prices wud fall ? wud that be so bad ?
    Except rents would not fall. You'd have mass homelessness

Sounds like he resents providing his tenants with ventilation and fire safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

There are still hundreds (how many?) empty incomplete and nearly complete ghost estates. Wtf, I mean WTF aren't those compulsory purchased and used as social housing?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

The rent allowance money should NEVER go in to the hands of the tennant.. The money should be passed directly from the Government to the landlord... Why would it ever be any different?
    Because the State took the view that the contract is between the tenant and the landlord.
    That is due to change next year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

signostic wrote: »
    a tenant moves into a house, won`t pay the rent, destroys the place, tough luck mr or mrs landlord

Really!!!!!

Landlord looking for tax allowance.

Ah yes, the old what's in it for me mentality lives on.

Many landlords are actually losing money if they have a mortgage on the house. They would not make enough on the rent to cover the mortgage. These landlords are subsidising social housing out of their own pockets.

"My human rights"..

You have the right to get your own f**king house.. If you dont like the free one on offer or the accompanying rules, then leave it..

God that really sounds awful, I really feel for the people caught out by all of this.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    There are still hundreds (how many?) empty incomplete and nearly complete ghost estates. Wtf, I mean WTF aren't those compulsory purchased and used as social housing?

NAMA alone has 1700 units

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

if your living in emergency accomodation surely you arent in a financial position to go on weekends away or holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Stop taking government money if you don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Why is she in one I wonder

Want to give a lawyer a good laugh ?

Wave the constitution around and tell him you know your rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

And can you afford to go on holidays missus? I am working and haven't had a holiday for 7 years.

It's take some mentality to describe the Government saving you from sleeping on the streets at night as throwing you out on to the streets during the day..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"Any chance of a job"

Get in there Joe, back of the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

NAMA alone has 1700 units

There's a small one of a dozen or so houses near me - it boils my urine to see them decay by the week. They were near enough finished.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

its more like i wont get a job cos i will lose my rent allowance..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

Does this lady have kids?

baldbear wrote: »
    No.

eliz a bet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

She went very quiet when the mention of a job came up ....(afternoon everybody......:D )

• Advertisement

The whole housing area is a mess in Ireland.
    It's a mess.

She's not planning on working for the next 1,2,3, 5 years anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Red Fred

baldbear wrote: »

She's on her own "so to speak"

people do realise that nama dont actually own these properties. they own the loans on the properties. id be sure aswell that not very boarded up apartment block is in nama either

Ah here missus.

Dominic Street.

Who the hell wants to live there?

Ah here missus.
    Dominic Street.
    Who the hell wants to live there?
    Dominic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

this lady is making out it is the landlords problem..
    the problem is too many freeloaders wanting Rent allowance.

Liz beth obviously has a chip on her shoulders about people who have worked, saved money, bought properties and rent them out.

Red Fred wrote: »
    She's on her own "so to speak"

"As such".

How exactly did she pay the bill... ? she doesnt even pay her OWN bills ffs....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement