Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You get the dole also with RA, right? Don't people pay a few quid towards their rent from their dole money also or should RA cover 100% of the rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Dublin Corporation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

snubbleste wrote: »
    No.
    And she wants a free apartment? Could she not get a job and house share like lots of working people do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Now she owns everything, she paid the money.

I'm guessing she ain't paid a cent of tax in her life

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ill show her my yearly tax return and she can see how much tax I already pay (feck off Elizabeth my sympathy for you is now gone!) on a house that runs as a loss. I'm not moaning that's the law, I'm lucky I can stay on top of things, but if I could I'd sell it tomorrow and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

This woman thinks She has paid the banks ?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

and if dublin city corpo release all these boarded up flats and offer them the people wont take them because their boarded up for a reason and in need of serious work so any property to be released is months away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

The county councils want no part in social housing. Ffs look at how the bin collection was run before. Theyd rather pay the money and let others (landlords) deal with the anti social issues. Ffs cant people see it. Regeneration in Limerick is a disaster as an example. No money...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dominic?

He was evicted. His flah is now boarded up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

She paid nothing, she's on welfare + rent allowance.:mad:

cherry? terry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

The thing is as soon as many of these people get a house, and have their "human rights",etc.

We all know they'll start complaining about other things like furniture allowance, schoolbook allowance, and then they'll be ringing up about that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

We all know they'll start complaining about other things like furniture allowance, schoolbook allowance, and then they'll be ringing up about that.

Dont forget the funeral allowance and communion allowance

She's entitled to all that, leave her alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

If you build 100,000 houses next year, there'll be 150,000 spongers looking for a free house the following year. Our giveaway Welfare budgets during the boom has now led to infinite demand.

• Advertisement

Joe, ya old silver tongue devil

I think people in this country are becoming far to reliant on social welfare payments and exclusions from other payments coz their on allowances

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

cherry has put a handbrake on my rage after lizbet, taken the wind right out of my sails

The thing is as soon as many of these people get a house, and have their "human rights",etc.

But only when their telephone allowance comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Cheerio Cherry.

• Advertisement

Turd in a freepost envelope!!!

Whatever next?

neris wrote: »
    I think people in this country are becoming far to reliant on social welfare payments and exclusions from other payments coz their on allowances

I don't know how they go about fixing it, it really shouldn't be the case that you are worse off working and that is how it feels at times

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinrea01

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Dublin Corporation ?
    Yep, rent was half a crown a week. Bang Bang lived right next door. A luvly fella!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

NIMAN wrote: »

Whatever next?

Bet the postmen will love that!!!!

NIMAN wrote: »

Whatever next?

Cut out the middle man and send it straight to James Reilly's office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

neris wrote: »
    and if dublin city corpo release all these boarded up flats and offer them the people wont take them because their boarded up for a reason and in need of serious work so any property to be released is months away
    And yet, homesteading schemes worked in Glasgow of all places. The corpo sold run-down council houses for a nominal sum to young couples, etc and they put sweat equity into them. Totally transformed the areas.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people here who'd do the same. No shortage of enthusiasm for a roof or their own over their head - not every claimant is a skanger.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

The whole rent allowance/house system in Ireland is fcuked up anyway. Simple fix; employ all the unemployed builders to build council houses, instead of pissing away rent allowance on private property put it in to social housing. I have been on the 'housing list' for 12 years and will probably never get a house, I don't earn enough to qualify for a mortgage, I'm not unemployed so I'm not considered for social housing.

There going to be a lot of sh1te in the post with this bowel screening...:confused:......oh yeah, nothing new.

That will just push up the rent for the working people and then what do they do

The morket for aportments.

• Advertisement

The county councils want no part in social housing. Ffs look at how the bin collection was run before. Theyd rather pay the money and let others (landlords) deal with the anti social issues. Ffs cant people see it. Regeneration in Limerick is a disaster as an example. No money...

Have hundreds of millions not been put into Limerick?

That said, it would be better spent having a bigger police force with zero tolerance staying permanently in the problem areas, rounding up gang members and shipping out trouble-making families rather than new buildings/playgrounds and then ignoring crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

Or the renter is subsidising the landlords mortgage.

baldbear wrote: »

Do you mean the tenant shouldn't pay any rent at all....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"Yeah, I know"...

stfu, and let the man give HIS opinion for christ sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

I know! What a shocking notion that a landlord would have to subsidise their own mortgage!! :rolleyes:

Well technically they are paying part of it.

When I was a reluctant LL, I had to add €100 myself just to make up the mortgage payment, then I was tax'd every year on my rental income.

It was no great investment I can tell you, so I sold up.

Very good point re the CWO's.

I had dealings with one recently and I can safely say I've never met a more inhumaine individual in my life.

30,000euro damage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,950 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Who's Moira?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinrea01

Moriya...aarrrggghhhhhhh......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Can we not build a scum city like in the Netherlands? And no, Limerick doesn't count.

Well that makes sense. It took two days for somebody to come on air and explain it.

Lapin wrote: »
    Very good point re the CWO's.

I had dealings with one recently and I can safely say I've never met a more inhumaine individual in my life.

They're a bunch of heartless jobsworths.

Why would the Gov not employ some long term unemployed builders to finish a few of those nearly finished houses, then rent them out?

I would guess if this was any other country, they wouldn't leave near finished houses lying boarded up when theres a housing crisis in the country.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Who's Moira?

• Advertisement

Some of these people are so arrogant they don't deserve to be able to go out at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

The attitude of this woman, it really isnt a surprise nobody will give her a job.. could you imagine her bringing that attitude in to your workplace everyday..

Justice for Eee-liz-a-BET!!

Another constitution waver.

They're a bunch of heartless jobsworths.

I don't agree. They are just people doing a job. I wouldn't like to be confronted every day by the like of some of the contributors on today's show........demanding everything and anything because they feel they are 'entoitlled' to it.:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement