Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

It just goes to show how fcuked this country is if people think Ming Flanagan is the answer to some of our problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I that the best the Labour party can put up in their defense, it explains a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

This guy hasn't a bulls notion - same old blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's a joke that Alex White is putting himself up for leadership. He won't even retain his seat at the next General Election :D

Who is Fillup,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I found this email I sent to Eamon Gilmore when Roisin shorthall resigned back in 2012, think I'll set up a psychic hotline!!

I was so saddened to hear the news today of your resignation as Junior Minister and from the Labour party, but I am so proud to finally see a publicly elected figure stand up for their beliefs and principals. To see Minister Reilly continue with the cute whore politics that I as a voter hoped were a thing of the past just stinks. As far as I can see the change I had hoped for in the new Government doesn’t seem to be materializing and it’s more of the same, jobs for the boys, help the rich and screw everyone else.

I have always supported the Labour party, but feel the longer they stay in bed with Fine Gael the worse it’s going to get, it’s a sad day for Irish politics. Eamon Gilmore should be ashamed of his decision to support Minister Reilly rather than his own party colleague. It would seem power really does corrupt, the Labour party are becoming unrecognizable as a party that I have always supported. Even worse than that what scares me more is I find myself agreeing with the Sinn Fein TDs when I hear their interviews and that is something I never thought would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I love PBH, but frankly this show is boring the arse off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭LandonRicketts

"We can harness this man's anger"

PBH making Sinn Fein look like Darth Sidious/Palpatine from the Star Wars films there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

AK333 wrote: »
    What would you like to hear? I direction t-shirts, illness, death or all of the above :D

It would be preferable to listening to whingers telling us what they are entitled to and that they are not going to pay for anything. It's time these people got real...we are borrowing €10 billion each year to keep the country going. Some people would never be satisfied!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

She sounds like an public sector worker who expected a pay raise for voting Labour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Sinn Fein manifesto:

1: More Jobs
    2: Fewer taxes
    3: ??????
    4: Profit!

Labour arrogance knows no bounds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The hell is this fella on about ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I think she did interrupt him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

"I didn't interrupt you" - except those twenty odd times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

was this guy a priest in a former life. sounds like he giving a sermon about Satan the way he drones on about sinn fein

I don't necessarily agreed with this woman / SF but she put this labour guy in his place.

pc7 wrote: »
    I think she did interrupt him!

She's wiping the floor with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Quality is bad allright Philip!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I'm as interested in this as I was at 6 years old when the news came on :(

• Advertisement

He looks as boring as he sounds:

240x160_jameskennedy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

its not the line Philip admit it. you just can't stick listening to him like the rest of us

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It's easy to wipe the floor with people when armed with untried policies. SF policies are just words that people want to hear. Abolish water charges, abolish property tax etc..

If SF ever get in to Government in this country, Labour's carry on will be the last thing people will be crying about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Ad about Whales :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

PauloMN wrote: »
    It's easy to wipe the floor with people when armed with untried policies. SF policies are just words that people want to hear. Abolish water charges, abolish property tax etc..

If SF ever get in to Government in this country, Labour's carry on will be the last thing people will be crying about.

If SF ever get into Government, they'll be surprised to learn how slow the Civil Service can move, if they disagree with their "masters". Will be like Egypt when the Muslim Bros got in - the civil service ground to a halt

you could substitute Gilmore`s famous saying with"Frankfurt`s way or Sinn Fein`s way" probably with the same success

But aren't they all the same. Election promises on a Monday only to be broke by the Tuesday. How many times have we, the electorate, been promised the sun, moon and stars until the f*ckers get into government, and then they go, oh no, its worse than we thought and blah blah blah and we get nothing or hit with more charges.

woejus wrote: »
    If SF ever get into Government, they'll be surprised to learn how slow the Civil Service can move, if they disagree with their "masters". Will be like Egypt when the Muslim Bros got in - the civil service ground to a halt

I wouldn't be saying no, no, no to SF - what's the mafia equivalent of a horse's head on the pillow :rolleyes:

signostic wrote: »
    you could substitute Gilmore`s famous saying with"Frankfurt`s way or Sinn Fein`s way" probably with the same success

The rhetoric coming from SF is scarily similar to that of the NAZI party in Germany in the 1920s. It just that the scapegoats are different.
    If they ever get into power in this country, I will be emigrating.

• Advertisement

Here we, normality returns

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Roger_007 wrote: »
    If they ever get into power in this country, I will be emigrating.

Might not have a choice, because SF's presence in Government (in my opinion) could have catastrophic effects on the jobs market in this country.

You can't have a SF supporter criticizing a LP/WP councillor on live radio, it wouldn't be fair or balanced. Or censorship.

Might not have a choice, because SF's presence in Government (in my opinion) could have catastrophic effects on the jobs market in this country.

it look probable now after the recent election that FF & SF will be bedfellows after the next GE, hard to imagine that 6 months ago...

There will be a few jobs in laundering, (mainly diesel and money).

it look probable now after the recent election that FF & SF will be bedfellows after the next GL, hard to imagine that 6 months ago...

It would seem so. I couldn't think of a worse combination tbh. :eek:

• Advertisement

While the focus is on Lab doing so badly, FG had a terrible election as well but the media has largely ignored it...

While the focus is on Lab doing so badly, FG had a terrible election as well but the media has largely ignored it...

Bullies always pick on the little guy.....:eek:

How did this woman get through?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Woman with job.

Votes Labour.

There had to be one out there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Mary was eating the packaging as well to cut down on the bin charges, yum yum!!!!

• Advertisement

"i am close to breaking point" if Joe was on she would be in tears by now

Does she have Sky?

Too much common sense from this lady.

SF will screw you love, because you'll be "rich" in their eyes.

Too much common sense from this lady.

SF will screw you love, because you'll be "rich" in their eyes.

SF will reach into your bank account................

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

One direction...a luxury
    Get real missus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

"i am close to breaking point" if Joe was on she would be in tears by now

But come on now, she's STRUGGLING, she can't afford a foreign holiday.

There are families who can't afford to feed their families but Mary can't afford a FOREIGN HOLIDAY damn it!

Open your heart ;)

joe6pack wrote: »
    One direction...a luxury
    Get real missus

Julio Inglesis was a luxury at 95 euro per ticket...:p

SF will reach into your bank account................

Well, they do have a track record for getting money out of banks......:eek:

But come on now, she's STRUGGLING, she can't afford a foreign holiday.

There are families who can't afford to feed their families but Mary can't afford a FOREIGN HOLIDAY damn it!

Open your heart ;)

I know of plenty of families who live in their council houses, dont work, get their back to school allowance, have 42" flat screens, go on foreign holidays and wont pay water charges.

And there was plenty of Johnny Builders and Mary Beuticians who took out huge mortages, went on a sun holiday, a ski holiday and a city break every year for 6 or 7 years who now cant afford to feed their families. And I'll end up paying for their water charges and LPT.

Core payments have not been protected; not when people have to pay their property and water taxes out of their "core" payments. It's a sneaky clawback.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement