Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

man this is some random rambling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

sudzs wrote: »
    A whole room full of men and women crying.... a great night out! :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think that Irish people like nothing better than listening to stories of misery.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

snubbleste wrote: »
    This is torture radio

And i thought Funny Friday was "torture".......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Roger_007 wrote: »
    These stories are two-a-penny. Loads of girls had babies in those days, had them adopted by order of their families and never told anyone else. It's not news anymore.

I know three elderly gentlemen who live locally, all of whom were bachelors, who died recently and it turns out they each had a child when they were younger. There were rumours when they were alive that they had children 'out of wedlock' and that the girl 'had to go away' but it was all hush hush. In each of the three cases, the son or daughter (now in their 50s and 60s) made themselves known when their fathers died and inherited the estate.

And will the banks take copper these days......?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

"an erection man"?

Bet his title is not that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Philip not the brightest today is he , all the ' wisdom ' from the men in blue on crimecalll obviously hasn't rubbed off......or maybe it has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Blow your nose Brendan!!! :mad:

I think PBH is getting turned on by these "erecting" phrases!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,957 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Blow your nose Brendan!!! :mad:

Probably on his mobile, at the top of a pylon, fending off seagulls.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Stop trying to get into her pants Phillip ya dirty fecker.

The whole idea is that the banks want to return to profitability, is it not? Like any other business.

The whole idea is that the banks want to return to profitability, is it not? Like any other business.

I count it an honour and a privilege to be able to help them in that, by my little contribution in charges.

I might not be totally serious.

Is that Ronnie Whelan on the line???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Oops, PBH ain't D'Omien

• Advertisement

I have no receipt for my underpants.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I count it an honour and a privilege to be able to help them in that, by my little contribution in charges.

I might not be totally serious.

Come on man, don the green Jersey!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

BS.jpg

Mafia car!! :D

I missed that - where is this place he was talking about, with keys in the ignition?

• Advertisement

There should be a limit on transactions, to save somebody hogging the machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

She should've gone to the counter to lodge her money. Whenever I'm asked by a floater worker to use a machine to lodge money, I tell them I'm going to the counter. They can't physically make you use the machine.

PBH is really starting to annoy me now....:o

She should've gone to the counter to lodge her money. Whenever I'm asked by a floater worker to use a machine to lodge money, I tell them I'm going to the counter. They can't physically make you use the machine.

My local tinpot, one-horse-town branch only handles cash three days a week. I seriously expect there will be lay-offs in there.

PBH is really starting to annoy me now....:o

He's way too calm and anodyne. He's never ever going to tell anybody to "GET A GRIP!!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ask them where the complaints forms are or tell them to watch the car outside in case you get a ticket..

Thinking of training to be a radio presenter, I hear there's lots of dough in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

If that was Joe he'd have said the Geologist was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    My local tinpot, one-horse-town branch only handles cash three days a week. I seriously expect there will be lay-offs in there.

Mine is the same. Went in to lodge coin on a Monday, and was told only Tue/Wed/Thur for coin.

A bank that does not take coins 40% of the time. What a fcuking joke.

Banks are taking the royal piss.

• Advertisement

"My kids finish work at 2.30"

PauloMN wrote: »
    Mine is the same. Went in to lodge coin on a Monday, and was told only Tue/Wed/Thur for coin.

A bank that does not take coins 40% of the time. What a fcuking joke.

Were you only lodging one coin?:D

"My kids finish work at 2.30"

Victorian-Children-Chimney-Sweeps.jpg

"aahh dear"

Were you only lodging one coin?:D

From the Hitchhiker's Guide...
    the Triganic Pu has its own very special problems. It exchange rate of eight Ningis to one Pu is simple enough, but since Ningi is a triangular rubber coin six thousand eight hundred miles along each side, no one has ever collected enough to own one Pu.

Wow, Derek really going to the extremes with his topics. Most of the time it's Louis Walsh, Mardy Burren and Eurovision shyte. Today it's Nazi concentration camps and Josef Mengele :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I went to visit an old school chum the other day and we got talking about banks and whatnot. He said that the last time he was in a bank to make a withdrawal he was treated like royalty really. Asked to speak with the manager and he he arrived promptly. They couldn't do enough for him he said.

I gently pointed out to him that the fact that he was waving a glock 17 around at the time might have had a bearing on it. :)

Hitchens wrote: »
    I went to visit an old school chum the other day and we got talking about banks and whatnot. He said that the last time he was in a bank to make a withdrawal he was treated like royalty really. Asked to speak with the manager and he he arrived promptly. They couldn't do enough for him he said.

I gently pointed out to him that the fact that he was waving a glock 17 around at the time might have had a bearing on it. :)

Obviously he was a Sinn Fein fundraiser.:eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Right PBH better be good today, I really feel lied too by all you boardies who said he was great!

• Advertisement

Ask her what her means are!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

So a smart phone (probably with wifi in house), not saying they shouldn't have but I have working friends who can't afford either and when they get sick can't afford the doctor.

Ask her what her means are!
    I have a power shower, sky sports and a telephone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I have a power shower, sky sports and a telephone.

Is she a guard

According to the legislation, (Health Act 1970), medical cards are for people who cannot afford to provide for their medical needs without undue hardship. It has nothing to do with your state of health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Typical reactionary measure by govt by suspending discretionary card review (don't agree with the way they seem to have gone about it)

Medical cards should be based on financial needs only. Should someone with a high disposal income who is on dialysis also get a medical card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

What is the nature of her disability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Is James o Reilly on leave , haven't heard of him in a good few weeks ?

What is the nature of her disability?
    You mean "What is your difference?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Meathlass wrote: »
    Medical cards should be based on financial needs only. Should someone with a high disposal income who is on dialysis also get a medical card?

I have a mixed reaction to this. If I had to have a transplant, had cancer, had a child with Downs/Cerebal palsy I would want a medical card. These are serious life altering medical problems, which aren't going to go away/can't be fixed with a tablet. If Diabetes is on the "list" why isn't transplants?

Having said that, I don't think every dosser, who has never worked, has an addiction to drugs/drink should get a card - feck them, they chose to take drugs/drink, these other people are ill through no fault of their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Oops69 wrote: »
    Is James o Reilly on leave , haven't heard of him in a good few weeks ?

He's still around.

http://www.thejournal.ie/health-minister-tobacco-who-1490638-May2014/

Guess it's Alex White who's receiving the blame for he medical cards.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement