Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Maitiú being called Paddy or Matt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"Do you remember any of your friends dying?"

JESUS H CHRIST ALMIGHTY JOE. :mad:

That's it. The man really and truly is obsessed.

Lapin wrote: »
    "Do you remember any of your friends dying?" JESUS H CHRIST ALMIGHTY JOE. :mad: That's it. The man really and truly is obsessed.
    How did that make you feeeeeeeeeeeeel?

After the ads Joe will have Paddy back on the tell him he's off to Oz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭baldbear

This poor chap recalling the whereabouts of a mass grave under some trees and joe not picking up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Topics discussed on Liveline June 2013-June 2014

Sport..............1%
    Pyramid schemes.2%
    Single Mothers.....2%
    Entitlements.............10%
    Death/Graveyards/disease...................................................................85%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

A gang of scrubbers robbing brushers, well i never!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

brushes stolen - better call the batman

Not a good idea to get a yappy woman on at a minute to three.

• Advertisement

A gang of scrubbers robbing brushers, well i never!!!!!!
    Very good :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Was tuning in and out, did anyone offer flights to that caller?

pc7 wrote: »
    Was tuning in and out, did anyone offer flights to that caller?

Not been smart but i think DHL was his last hope.........

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Not been smart but i think DHL was his last hope.........

I was really hoping someone would, you have any amount of chances on de Live Lahnnn giving the cold cornflakes made with water, can't keep their sky sports, have iPhones, iPads, playstations the works getting dig outs. Was really hoping someone would look after him, feck sake Joe got such a hard on from the misery he should pay for the services like any good John. :(

pc7 wrote: »
    I was really hoping someone would, you have any amount of chances on de Live Lahnnn giving the cold cornflakes made with water, can't keep their sky sports, have iPhones, iPads, playstations the works getting dig outs. Was really hoping someone would look after him, feck sake Joe got such a hard on from the misery he should pay for the services like any good John. :(

Your dead right mate, you'd think that, but no our Joe wouldnt go out of his way to help someone like that in drastic need and who genuinely would benefit form it. Sure he'd rather help out/row in/support the likes of some fool who left an iron plugged in or forgot to put out a fag( sorry cigarette) and had their place burned down, but guess what forgot to insure their house, ( i remember that caller, that was a joke altogether), before you know it, Joe is putting out a bleeding hearts request, unreal :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,957 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Your dead right mate, you'd think that, but no our Joe wouldnt go out of his way to help someone like that in drastic need and who genuinely would benefit form it. Sure he'd rather help out/row in/support the likes of some fool who left an iron plugged in or forgot to put out a fag( sorry cigarette) and had their place burned down, but guess what forgot to insure their house, ( i remember that caller, that was a joke altogether), before you know it, Joe is putting out a bleeding hearts request, unreal :mad:

Joe sees himself as a kind of gatherer of the multitudes and knows full well the call to get some free publicity on de national broadcaster will lure in many small businessmen - you can imagine the reaction from the self-same businessman if I or you turned up at their door, asking for a free kitchen or sofa because I was so fecking careless with the old one.
    Anyway, back to Joe de Messiah...
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Your forgetting the fund he set up for the two drug smugglers in Peru!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Joe sees himself as de Messiah...

FYP Dan. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Your forgetting the fund he set up for the two drug smugglers in Peru!

Well the Irish "girleen" was defin-iiiiitely innocent in Joe's eyes - I mean she was from Ireland and female and there was a a good chance she was Catholic so how could she possibly have been involved in drug trafficking? Joe wasn't so sure about the British girl though......:rolleyes:

He dropped that cause célèbrepretty quickly though when he realised they weren't as innocent as they first proclaimed.

One good thing that came out of that story however was we all learned how not to pronounce "Pay-Roo".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

There should be a show on Liveline - about Liveline.

At this stage he has covered every other topic except himself. Joe, should give an hour to people to ring in and complain about his show - hosted by him , his 2 side kicks should do the ooos and aaasss in the background for that show. The almighty one, God Gaybo, should act as background adjudicator.

It can't be just a slagging, a serious show - A member from each ethnic group should have a part - the traveller community, single mothers, victims of disease , the dead , people who borrowed too much , too little , not enough, the unwilling politician, the nosy neighbour, blind boy and a blind boy , the character dub, the wacky priest, the talking dog, the bra fitting fiver Friday "entrapenuuurr", - of course, there should be a "comedian" - a musician, a poet, a dodgy dealer, pyramid seller. Pavee point. An unashamed caller and caller who can't call in .

Basically Joe will have to defend his show - his politics - cutting people off who have a view against his show direction.

And after all that, we will listen, laugh, cry.

But a 1345 the next day - " doo , dooood , dooooo , doo oo , dulluldldleilielie edd, doood ooodoo, doooo, doooo,
    Live Line is open ".....

42 minutes to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭baldbear

Gastric bands might get a mention today. "Its genetic Joe. I can't help it."

• Advertisement

Any chance that Joe could follow up on the all the brushes been robbed up around Georges Street? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

At this stage he has covered every other topic except himself. Joe, should give an hour to people to ring in and complain about his show - hosted by him , his 2 side kicks should do the ooos and aaasss in the background for that show. The almighty one, God Gaybo, should act as background adjudicator.

It can't be just a slagging, a serious show - A member from each ethnic group should have a part - the traveller community, single mothers, victims of disease , the dead , people who borrowed too much , too little , not enough, the unwilling politician, the nosy neighbour, blind boy and a blind boy , the character dub, the wacky priest, the talking dog, the bra fitting fiver Friday "entrapenuuurr", - of course, there should be a "comedian" - a musician, a poet, a dodgy dealer, pyramid seller. Pavee point. An unashamed caller and caller who can't call in .

Basically Joe will have to defend his show - his politics - cutting people off who have a view against his show direction.

But a 1345 the next day - " doo , dooood , dooooo , doo oo , dulluldldleilielie edd, doood ooodoo, doooo, doooo,
    Live Line is open ".....

42 minutes to go.
    Don't leave out, the random act of kindness, the person who was robbed of their bike, John from Cork, Aubrey, Mannix Flynn, Big Ben, the man waiting on a prosthetic leg, the nun apologist, the person out foreign, the ex Garda.............how would you fit them all in? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Live Line is open ".....

42 minutes to go.

DON'T do the accent

Ostralya? Sounds like the telephone's just got there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

One good thing that came out of that story however was we all learned how not to pronounce "Pay-Roo".

and dont for get mick ay ella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

"the line is very bad"

State the flippin obvious Joe. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have heard less delay from astronauts on the International Space Station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What's this?.......Surprise, Surprise?

Hope he doesn't take a Malaysian Airways flight.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I have heard less delay from astronauts on the International Space Station

"Liveline...... we have a problem"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭ooter

While it's a sad story I almost lost the will to live listening to paddy yesterday,don't think I can face it again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I have every sympathy for this poor man , but in the spirit of the liveline thread , are we absolutely sure di di dis isn't Bertie ........I'm sorry

hope he makes it

"Will you be OK on your own...? Does he think he's talking to a 10 year old?

Just tuning in, did someone pay the flight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Thats rid of Paddy. Now,business as usual please....!

I just can't listen anymore its just awful

Treated like dirt.........especially by her family.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Thats rid of Paddy. Now,business as usual please....!
    As in , more of the same !, joe is obliging as you can hear !

• Advertisement

I hope Liveline have a few counsellors lined up to speak with these people after Duffy is finished with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

So now we have Funeral Friday. Probably better than the Funny one!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Treated like dirt.........especially by her family.:eek:

I'll never understand how a family member.... especially a mother, can treat a daughter with such contempt just to avoid the "shame" of a situation. It truly is disgusting.

Poor woman, so young and having to go through a birth being treated like dirt by everyone. :(

"She HAD to sign her son away......" No she ffn well didn't; plenty of women in the 1970s kept their babies. I know a few.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

PauloMN wrote: »
    I'll never understand how a family member.... especially a mother, can treat a daughter with such contempt just to avoid the "shame" of a situation. It truly is disgusting.

Poor woman, so young and having to go through a birth being treated like dirt by everyone. :(

Because the church ruled Ireland with an iron fist. They could make your whole village turn against you.
    Its embarrassing and shocking, 1976 is not long ago, to think this happened so recently and they treated her with so much disgust is shocking.

Agree totally with the comment that I hope they get these people counselling.

Fookin hell this woman has been through the mill.

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Because the church ruled Ireland with an iron fist. They could make your whole village turn against you.
    Its embarrassing and shocking, 1976 is not long ago, to think this happened so recently and they treated her with so much disgust is shocking.

Agree totally with the comment that I hope they get these people counselling.

The Church excuse is a cop out. People are big enough and bold enough to make their own decisions. Plenty of people stuck by their young daughters, those who didn't are cowards and should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I find it somewhat strange in my mind that these people prayed to God while those who were chosen by God meted out such savage treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

were there any families who turned around and said **** what the church and neighbours think your having your baby and you can both live at home??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

The FAMILY have a lot to answer for too. don't blame it all on the government, church etc

signostic wrote: »
    I find it somewhat strange in my mind that these people prayed to God while those who were chosen by God meted out such savage treatment.

This is a candidate for the post of the day. So true!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement