Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

did joe ever get the researcher to research the story of the girl on the aran islands who was sent adrift in a currach for getting pregnent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Good man joe bingo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I think it's about time RTE moved Joe on to his own little therapy practice and out of Liveline.. maybe Michael Murphy has a position for him ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Tears at last.......well done Joe, well done.......you great big sh1t-stirrer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

In fairness, what did she expect? Springing it on her father's wife like that? She should have written her a letter first.

I need a good cry,Think I might frag Joe. He'd put tears on a wedding cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Some of these stories are absolutely horrendous, but because Joe discusses them so relentlessly I think I am becoming desensitised to them which is a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Just a break of five minutes to discuss the world cup, Joe... That's all ffs.. I cant think that anybody other than Duffy himself is driving this agenda..

plenty of time to discuss the world cup when one of those thrown up stadiums comes tumbling down and Duffy is knee deep in corpses

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Some of these stories are absolutely horrendous, but because Joe discusses them so relentlessly I think I am becoming desensitised to them which is a bad thing.

Totally agree with you. Also the fact that Duffy is almost getting a kick out of these peoples misery. It's unbelievable that he thinks this is what the nation/world wants to hear RELENTLESSLY.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,957 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I wonder what mean-minded nasty little sh!t inserted that clause into the law - that you can't assist anyone to trace their parents or offspring.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Kind of funny that a woman who "advises" people on how to avoid telling the truth, should be calling for truth to be told about the adoptions...

36 posts in 45 mins. He's even killin us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Great now an ad for your local solicitor ,as if there has been enough legal issues been discussed on Joes show!!!!

Storyteller Joe paints the picture for us.

"The year is 1965........" :rolleyes:

Hans Christian Duffy..

• Advertisement

" i got pregnant", im suprised Joe didnt ask her, how did it happen......??

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I wonder what mean-minded nasty little sh!t inserted that clause into the law - that you can't assist anyone to trace their parents or offspring.

probably a far right catholic headbanger from the archbishops palace embedded in the civil service

"As you've heard 150 times"

We've heard it 1,500 times by now, missus.

He's not even listening to her story. She has already said her boyfriend stood by her and"still is"

I rubbed my hands together and said "oh good, Joe is discussing something (relatively) recent"

• Advertisement

Please Joe can we not talk about Brazils "cough" performance last night;)
    brazil2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,957 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

" i got pregnant", im suprised Joe didnt ask her, how did it happen......??

Swinging upside down from the shed rafters, Joe.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Please Joe can we not talk about Brazils "cough" performance last night;)
    brazil2.jpg

Any video of her"cough"performance.:P

Poor Mary cant even say goodbye properly , when Joe cuts her off for an ad break, stay classy Joe!!!!

Any video of her"cough"performance.:P

Yes.....and I might have to ring Liveline about what I saw, "it was a disgrace Joe":D

"I'm only five minutes away from The Gresham"..

She's one of the druggies along the boardwalk... :pac:

Bay Bee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

9 kid family in a two bed tenement house!
    Joe's favourite

"I'm only five minutes away from The Gresham"..

She's one of the druggies along the boardwalk... :pac:

Shes probably staying in The Gresham while picking up the welfare cheques, dont forget yer man The Burlington (room service, pleaseee!!!!) :D

"and I have a brother who died"...

*Joe's ears prick up*

"OHHHHH.. what happened what happened???? "

• Advertisement

He got a SMACK of a car. Big men in Parnell St.

California twinned with Sligo, thats one for the tourism board!!!!

"and I have a brother who died"...

*Joe's ears prick up*

"OHHHHH.. what happened what happened???? "
    Picture-363-620x330.png

Well they do have a lot in common.
    L. I. O

Mooney took the whole week off, probably to prepare for that Mooney Choons 10... Didnt sell out this time so maybe he's going door to door selling the tickets.. I think RTE went to the well one too many times..

a buke to finish off the week of melancholy

Wouldn't it be lovely if Duffy and Mooney would coordinate their holidays and both Fcuk off at the same time..

After this week I think it's time for Derek "what about ye" Davis to come back and discuss fly fishing on the river shannon

"It is not a crime to ASSIST"...

So Andrea Martin, that person that you were building up to be an authority on the subject, was completely wrong then Joe..

Next up, Jim Power to give us more financial advice... And Liz O'Kane giving property advice..

• Advertisement

After this week I think it's time for Derek "what about ye" Davis to come back and discuss fly fishing on the river shannon

every time a caller mentioned their location he could list off many fine restaurants in that area

nice bloke put out to pasture far too early

every time a caller mentioned their location he could list off many fine restaurants in that area

nice bloke put out to pasture far too early
    Ha!Ha! I used to go home starving every time Derek was presenting liveline there were that many restaurants mentioned, and the detail he used to go into describing the food

Caller: "Joe, I was forced to stay in a Christian Brothers home when I was fourteen. We were forced to work fifteen hours a day, we werent allowed to speak, and we were physically beaten every single day"..

Derek Davis: "But at least you got to eat fish on a Friday"..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Ha!Ha! I used to go home starving every time Derek was presenting liveline there were that many restaurants mentioned, and the detail he used to go into describing the food

and he'd say "it's lovely with a knob of butter" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was just listening to the news there on the radio, no. 1 topic? The shooting in Ballyfermot in which a 6 year old was shot in the neck. There were some vox pops with local residents I suspect Joe will move heaven and earth to get onto the show on Monday, sample quotes were:

"They should be paying us to live here"
    "The Guards? The Guards are running 'Operation we don't give 2 fiddlers about ye' around here"

With this gun violence against a salt a dee irth chisler on Joe's home patch, Paul Williams on speeddial, the above contributors and Joe's outrage, Monday could be a Lahv Lahn Bingo Buzzward Extravaganza. Joe might even send Sonny Knowles and Doc in to the hostible to entertain the chisler.......

Was just listening to the news there on the radio, no. 1 topic? The shooting in Ballyfermot in which a 6 year old was shot in the neck. There were some vox pops with local residents I suspect Joe will move heaven and earth to get onto the show on Monday, sample quotes were:

"They should be paying us to live here"
    "The Guards? The Guards are running 'Operation we don't give 2 fiddlers about ye' around here"

With this gun violence against a salt a dee irth chisler on Joe's home patch, Paul Williams on speeddial, the above contributors and Joe's outrage, Monday could be a Lahv Lahn Bingo Buzzward Extravaganza. Joe might even send Sonny Knowles and Doc in to the hostible to entertain the chisler.......

I hope your right, but isn't it an awful thing to think that it takes the shooting of a child to get him off his butter box re:the Tuam story,if in fact he does change tac.:rolleyes:
    PS the kid would prob top himself if those two showed up to entertain him.:eek:

• Advertisement

There were some vox pops with local residents I suspect Joe will move heaven and earth to get onto the show on Monday,

Sorry we have another two weeks of Mother N BayBee Homes booked in ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sorry we have another two weeks of Mother N BayBee Homes booked in ..

I haven't listened in months so I've been spared his latest hobby horse but I can imagine he's in misery heaven at the moment alright.

Time for a mildly offensive joke?
    What's the difference between the mother and baby story and a stone?
    Joe couldn't milk a stone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The weather is to be nice and sunny next week, I won't be listening to Joe. I refuse to let him ruin it and my mood. He's gone too far this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Jimmie Magee memory man in Rio ffs.............I'm out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lizzzadell

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement