Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Joe not impressed with the private jet quip. ............bye caller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

PauloMN wrote: »
    Bunch of howayees with screaming kids currently heading for desk 21!

Hee-ore chungfella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

4 hours:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Hamilcar wrote: »
    Joe not impressed with the private jet quip. ............bye caller

Yeah, did you see how quick he blew her off there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

PauloMN wrote: »
    Bunch of howayees with screaming kids currently heading for desk 21!

And three maths teachers

(formula at desk 21)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Joe didn't like the "private jet" quip. He's probably just after having it valeted, he doesn't want it to get dirty again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

76 year old Superman wannabe said he checked with the Irish Wheelchair Association to confirm whether someone was entitled to their parking badge.

1, They don't issue them.
    2, The wouldn't give out that info in any case.
    3, Not everyone in need of a disabled parking permit requires a wheelchair.

For all his bravado, I call bullshít on his stunts and would gladly tell him to go and f--- himself if he approached me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

I had experience of this when my mother was confined to a wheelchair before she passed away. We went to an event in a local hotel and somebody had parked in front of the ramp up to the main door and I had to go in and get a few men to come out and lift the wheelchair up the steps so we could get in.
    Hotel made no effort to get the owner of the car to come out and move it. I was furious.

welcome to my world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,219 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Big C wrote: »
    welcome to my world.
    i saw a facebook update along the lines of "ffs i just parked in the wheelchair spot for a few minutes coz i have a child and the bloody cop gave me a fine....rabble rabble bla etc"

she got some roasting in the comments that followed....and not in the good way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Again listening in the car.. I thought yer man asking Joe all the personal questions was gas... Joe there doing his best to answer the questions in as abstract a manner as he could .... "Say hello to the girls" :D... I thought that only one of the three twins was a girl...

Also thought it was funny when the woman said "Do you know why they (RyanAir) wont do it, Joe.. because they're CHEAP".... Which is the exact reason that she uses them in the first place!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

‘I’m dreadful in D’Movie - I get my accent all wrong' - Joe Duffy on his cameo in Mrs Brown movie

BROADCASTER Joe Duffy is making his silver screen debut this week in Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie but say he's terrible in the film, despite playing himself.

"I'm dreadful in it. I get my accent all wrong," Joe joked and added: "I can't even play myself properly."

He was worried that his scene in the film would end up on the cutting-room floor during the post-production process but he was pleasantly surprised when he sat down to watch the final cut.

Joe was speaking ahead of the film's premiere tonight at O'Connell Street's Savoy cinema with a host of celebrity guests and Mrs Brown herself, Brendan O'Carroll, taking to the red carpet to celebrate the release of D'Movie.

"My scene is actually a really important scene," Joe told the Herald, adding: "I didn't know it at the time but it's pivotal for the whole fillum."

He remained tight-lipped about just how his character influenced the drama.

However, clips from the trailer show Mrs Browne sitting in his RTE studio, so one thing is certain, the mouthy Dublin matriarch 'Talks to Joe'.

He is confident the film will tickle funny bones here and in the UK where the BBC show has built up a huge fan-base.

"I can't wait for it to be released," he said. Joe previously played two characters in the show, Mrs Brown's late husband and a psychic.

From today's Indo.

Great minds think alike! It's flipping hard to copy all of that on an iPhone and delete the ads etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just about to be reviewed on Newstalk now. Edit, well that was a farce, there was no review, he just said how funny he was when he met him years ago and that people will think this is funny. No critique or analysis of it.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Just about to be reviewed on Newstalk now. Edit, well that was a farce, there was no review, he just said how funny he was when he met him years ago and that people will think this is funny. No critique or analysis of it.

Obviously lined up as a guest for later in the week then or for Pat so can't offend by telling the truth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

‘I’m dreadful in D’Movie - I get my accent all wrong' - Joe Duffy on his cameo in Mrs Brown movie

BROADCASTER Joe Duffy is making his silver screen debut this week in Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie but say he's terrible in the film, despite playing himself.

"I'm dreadful in it. I get my accent all wrong," Joe joked and added: "I can't even play myself properly."

He was worried that his scene in the film would end up on the cutting-room floor during the post-production process but he was pleasantly surprised when he sat down to watch the final cut.

Joe was speaking ahead of the film's premiere tonight at O'Connell Street's Savoy cinema with a host of celebrity guests and Mrs Brown herself, Brendan O'Carroll, taking to the red carpet to celebrate the release of D'Movie.

"My scene is actually a really important scene," Joe told the Herald, adding: "I didn't know it at the time but it's pivotal for the whole fillum."

He remained tight-lipped about just how his character influenced the drama.

However, clips from the trailer show Mrs Browne sitting in his RTE studio, so one thing is certain, the mouthy Dublin matriarch 'Talks to Joe'.

He is confident the film will tickle funny bones here and in the UK where the BBC show has built up a huge fan-base.

"I can't wait for it to be released," he said. Joe previously played two characters in the show, Mrs Brown's late husband and a psychic.

From today's Indo.

Another ad dressed up as an article.

Absolutely pathetic on the part of John Kelleher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It was a real cop out from him, most likely because it's such a small country you can't be critical of someone you're going to meet later that afternoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Did anyone email RTE and the BAI in relation to Monday's biased Liveline show?

complaints@rte.ie

complaints@bai.ie

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

MammaZita wrote: »
    Did anyone email the BAI in relation to Monday's biased Liveline show?

complaints@bai.ie

I did, I sent the following yesterday -

Can you please tell me how it is possible for Joe Duffy to spend an entire show (Monday 23rd of June) promoting a movie that he is in. This is a complete and utter abuse of power. It is bad enough that he uses Liveline to promote his books, tv shows and now movies that he is in. I won't even get into the way the caller George was treated.

Again now Tuesday 24th the movie has been mentioned. Joe obviously has an interest in the movie doing well.

This is the blurb on your website for Liveline (below) , how on earth Mrs Browns Boys being shamelessly promoted meets this is beyond me. I'm turning my dial to Newstalk.

WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORIES

Have you got a story to tell? An issue you want to air publicly? If you’d like to talk to Joe on-air about an issue that concerns you then we want to hear from you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

pc7 wrote: »
    I did, I sent the following yesterday -

Can you please tell me how it is possible for Joe Duffy to spend an entire show (Monday 23rd of June) promoting a movie that he is in. This is a complete and utter abuse of power. It is bad enough that he uses Liveline to promote his books, tv shows and now movies that he is in. I won't even get into the way the caller George was treated.

Again now Tuesday 24th the movie has been mentioned. Joe obviously has an interest in the movie doing well.

This is the blurb on your website for Liveline (below) , how on earth Mrs Browns Boys being shamelessly promoted meets this is beyond me. I'm turning my dial to Newstalk.

WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORIES

Have you got a story to tell? An issue you want to air publicly? If you’d like to talk to Joe on-air about an issue that concerns you then we want to hear from you.

Well done.

I just got an email back to say that we have to contact RTE first, who must investigate and respond within 20 days:

complaints@rte.ie

So I've edited my post above.

Well done.

I just got an email back to say that we have to contact RTE first, who must investigate and respond within 20 days:

complaints@rte.ie

Wouldn't get your hopes up folks re RTE, I complained about Duffy's show previously and got a generic reply similar to above but despite following it up repeatedly I never hot an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Wouldn't get your hopes up folks re RTE, I complained about Duffy's show previously and got a generic reply similar to above but despite following it up repeatedly I never hot an answer.

+ 1 I got the same reply and I never got an answer either - just fobbed off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I e-mailed to the BAI to complain, although I'm still concerned by the female caller who lets her 4-year-old watch Mrs. Brown! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,219 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I took exception to tubridy advertising his book on jfk on RTE and the reply i got was kind of over defensive and angry!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Well done.

complaints@rte.ie

Sorry it was RTE I complained too, just an auto reply so far. I'm not really expecting them to do anything but I was so annoyed listening monday that once MMB was mentioned yesterday I had to turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

pc7 wrote: »
    Sorry it was RTE I complained too, just an auto reply so far. I'm not really expecting them to do anything but I was so annoyed listening monday that once MMB was mentioned yesterday I had to turn off.

It is possible to pursue a complaint if one persists - see document on BAI website at http://www.bai.ie/?p=4504 - it shows that a complaint about Liveline was upheld, although it does not make it easy to access the full finding, no obvious link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ironically, Joe loves a good sneer at replies he gets from HSE, Ryanair, SUSI (to use that awful acronym) or whatever organisation he has his claws in on any particular day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

It was a real cop out from him, most likely because it's such a small country you can't be critical of someone you're going to meet later that afternoon.

People seem to be selective in what they hear.

He said that no copies had been released to critics for review. So how he was supposed to have an opinion on the movie is beyond me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

curioser wrote: »
    It is possible to pursue a complaint if one persists - see document on BAI website at http://www.bai.ie/?p=4504 - it shows that a complaint about Liveline was upheld, although it does not make it easy to access the full finding, no obvious link.

It concerned the offering of sympathy to bereaved within churches in the Meath Diocese:

http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/201202_CC_ECFDecisions_Feb2014_vFinal.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

curioser wrote: »
    And there's another one here - http://www.bai.ie/?p=3635

Ryanair again. Joe as biased as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Ah Jaysus.......not more tales of "stranded" passengers. When you've heard one you've heard them all!

A doctor, no less. Expect obsequious fawning from the Duffmeister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Somehow I don't think this is going the way joe planned or maybe the Ryanair lawyers have been on

And what brand of water was it? Was it San Pellegrino or Ballygowan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Doctors have fallen on hard times......flying Ryanair indeed.:pac:

She obviously was very quick to mention that she was a doctor when she onto the researcher.

And what brand of water was it? Was it San Pellegrino or Ballygowan?
    Gigginstown house special reserve

• Advertisement

When AerLingus cabin crew went on strike did they get a few Liveline shows out of it?

Joe is amazing.. When Aer Lingus down tools and fuk over everybody's holiday, it's de workers right to strike... and when the French air traffic controllers that go on strike, it's RyanAir's fault...

The Old Michael O' Leary needs to come on and have a word with Joe and his passengers:D

What going on , 5 mins in and not a moany scanger accent yet , although this one is borderline

I thought the passengers flying Ryanair to Paris wouldn't have been affected by the strike, seeing as the plane lands in Belgium.......

"Entitled"

She's on to the right place anyway!

• Advertisement

Joe: "The navigation system was with the runway?"

Is Joe really that thick or is he just not listening?

Is there no rail link between Paris and Holyhead if they are that struck to come home?

Disgusting Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Her voice is soooooo grating.

As a means of appeasing the impatient passengers RyanAir got Linda Martin to the airport to sing "Terminal 1: flight's not on time".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement