Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Louis Soir-aaays.

Loowis sil or rays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Liveline has morphed into Off The Ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was renowned football pundit Gerald Kean unavailable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

FIFA are not a toothless organisation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

and I wish I was on dat ennnnnn seventeeeeeeeeeeeen, stone walls and de grass...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I thought Gerald Keane was Joe's personal football expert?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Why is anyone surprised at Uraguays defense of Luis Suarez?

From the country that brought you 'Alive'

Team cannibalism is a national tradition

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Andes_flight_disaster

Was renowned football pundit Gerald Kean unavailable?
    Sonny Knowles and expert June Rodgers also unavailable

"Stiffened"

More innuendo…..in your end though….

What's in his head? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

snubbleste wrote: »

Teeth!

15:00:01

Zombie, zombie, zombie…..

Joe, old people are dying and you're spoofing about the World Cup ???

Mooney's Monday Quiz on Thursday.

RTE……geniuses.

Zombie, zombie, zombie…..

No, that would be Gerrard ..

my friend wrote: »
    No, that would be Gerrard ..
    or Dolores

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Dont agree with the ban for life shouts for Suarez, mindless with what he did (albeit 3rd time), but a lot mores serious incidents took place in football over the years both internationally and domestically, that warranted long long bans. Feel sorry for Brendan Rogers who defended him to the hilt over the biting at the Chelsea match and then goes and does this on the worlds biggest stage, prat!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,958 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

He's a moron and a thug and should be booted out.
    Suarez too, for that matter.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,219 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    He's a moron and a thug and should be booted out.
    Suarez too, for that matter.
    His attitude to his teammates is the worst of all...what a way to let your team down.

• Advertisement

His attitude to his teammates is the worst of all...what a way to let your team down.

Ah in fairness he gives all his Funny Friday buddies a gig every month…..

oh wait, we're talking about Suarez…...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah in fairness he gives all his Funny Friday buddies a gig every month…..

oh wait, we're talking about Suarez…...:D

Wonder will George be tuning in tomorrow, if he thinks Brendan O Carrolls offensive.............?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Received the following "response" from RTE in relation to my complaint regarding the bias and bullying of one caller on Monday's show:

"Dear M,

Many thanks for your email dated June 25th 2014 regarding Brendan O'Carroll.

Liveline is a programme which, on a daily basis, offers its listeners an opportunity to voice their opinions on a whole variety of topics from serious to light. There is no denying the fact that Brendan O'Carroll's creation "Mrs. Brown's Boys" has become, in television terms, a worldwide phenomenon. It is liberally laced with crude language and yet has delivered one of the biggest television audiences in the history of the BBC.

On Monday's programme, George O'Reilly phoned in to complain about Brendan's performance on the Graham Norton Show the previous Friday which, in his opinion, was transitioning the image of Irish humour from being one of a nation of drunken louts to now a nation of foul mouthed people.
    In the course of the programme we had callers on air who argued both sides of the story with a mixture of passion and humour. As always, Joe Duffy chaired the debate in his own inimitable style.

All email and phone traffic to the programme is taken very seriously, and rest assured that your email was reviewed at our programme editorial meeting. Again many thanks for taking the time to email Liveline.

Yours sincerely,
    Aonghus McAnally

Aonghus McAnally
    Producer Liveline"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Hitchens

MammaZita wrote: »
    Received the following "response" from RTE in relation to my complaint regarding the bias and bullying of one caller on Monday's show:

"Dear M,

Liveline is a programme which, on a daily basis, offers its listeners an opportunity to voice their opinions on a whole variety of topics from serious to light. There is no denying the fact that Brendan O'Carroll's creation "Mrs. Brown's Boys" has become, in television terms, a worldwide phenomenon. It is liberally laced with crude language and yet has delivered one of the biggest television audiences in the history of the BBC.

On Monday's programme, George O'Reilly phoned in to complain about Brendan's performance on the Graham Norton Show the previous Friday which, in his opinion, was transitioning the image of Irish humour from being one of a nation of drunken louts to now a nation of foul mouthed people.
    In the course of the programme we had callers on air who argued both sides of the story with a mixture of passion and humour. As always, Joe Duffy chaired the debate in his own inimitable style.

All email and phone traffic to the programme is taken very seriously, and rest assured that your email was reviewed at our programme editorial meeting. Again many thanks for taking the time to email Liveline.

Yours sincerely,
    Aonghus McAnally

Aonghus McAnally
    Producer Liveline"
    fair play, you got a reply from Fungus McNulty! :D

"Dear M,

Yours sincerely,
    Aonghus McAnally

Aonghus McAnally
    Producer Liveline"

In other words, we take your complaint very seriously and will file it with all the others we've received in the waste paper basket.

Fair play for writing in, but that's a complete whitewashing of the issue(s).

Hitchens wrote: »
    fair play, you got a reply from Fungus McNulty! :D

I remember thinking what a twat he was on Anything Goes with his odd shoes. I was 7.

In other words, we take your complaint very seriously and will file it with all the others we've received in the waste paper basket.

Fair play for writing in, but that's a complete whitewashing of the issue(s).

Definitely a generic response which didn't even address my actual complaint. Have forwarded both to the BAI. Let's see what they say (not much I'm sure...).

Definitely a generic response which didn't even address my actual complaint. Have forwarded both to the BAI. Let's see what they say (not much I'm sure...).

I went through that rigamarole a few years ago with a complaint I made. At times it felt like I was pissing against the wind…..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

i.e. completely subjectively...

• Advertisement

As always, Joe Duffy chaired the debate in his own inimitable style.

In other words...
    I might think he's a twat, you might think he's a twat, but I can't say it, whereas you have the freedom to do so.

Hey Liveliners, I was listening to Sean Rocks this evening and they were reviewing that movie that has been omnipresent on the RTE transmissions.... It's worth a listen on the podcast.. They do podcast Arena dont they? :confused:

Take out your notepad and contrast the opinions of the critics (who arent on the Mrs Brown payroll) to the opinions of Joe Duffy and Derek Mooney (who ARE on the Mrs Brown payroll).

And here's the other arm of RTE, the RTE guide... And they are not in agreement with the Mooney / Duffy Mafia either...

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0626/626664-review-mrs-browns-boys-dmovie/
    The redoubtable Dublin mammy with a heart of gold and a mouth like a U-bend explodes onto the big screen and everything is cruder, ruder and even more head-shakingly unfunny. D’Movie is a daft old school caper movie but it is also a carnival of bad taste and corniness. In short, it is d’ire.

Alan Corr wrote that, and he's not known for sitting on the fence... Joe will most likely have him on tomorrow and stack up the deck against him like he usually does..

Hey Liveliners, I was listening to Sean Rocks this evening and they were reviewing that movie that has been omnipresent on the RTE transmissions.... It's worth a listen on the podcast.. They do podcast Arena dont they? :confused:

Take out your notepad and contrast the opinions of the critics (who arent on the Mrs Brown payroll) to the opinions of Joe Duffy and Derek Mooney (who ARE on the Mrs Brown payroll).

Looks like the podcasts are delayed by 24 hours.
    It's fairly obvious how Joe got bought, but what's Mooney's story with this?
    These things all come out in the end - as they say.

And here's the other arm of RTE, the RTE guide... And they are not in agreement with the Mooney / Duffy Mafia either...

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0626/626664-review-mrs-browns-boys-dmovie/

Alan Corr wrote that, and he's not known for sitting on the fence... Joe will most likely have him on tomorrow and stack up the deck against him like he usually does..

To be fair I wouldn't have expected Irish critics to go with the flow of RTÉ, etc.

I remember a while back Donald Clarke did a review on Brendan O'Carroll. Don't think it was complimentary.

Actually looking forward to the reviews to be honest!

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Looks like the podcasts are delayed by 24 hours.
    It's fairly obvious how Joe got bought, but what's Mooney's story with this?
    These things all come out in the end - as they say.

Did ya not hear someone on here the other day?

Member of 'de Brown Club'. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

"a lady shed"

Yes, in the lady garden, where the men can put their tools.:D

Yes, in the lady garden, where the men can put their tools.:D

Unlike the men's shed, the lady shed has an entrance in the front and the rear.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

This was the standard copy and paste reply I received

Thank you for taking the time to contact RTÉ. We welcome all feedback as a contribution to the developing editorial process. Your comments will be included in the RTÉ Audience Log for the attention of Liveline producer and will be reviewed at RTÉ's Editorial Meetings.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Yours Sincerely,

pc7 wrote: »
    This was the standard copy and paste reply I received

Thank you for taking the time to contact RTÉ. We welcome all feedback as a contribution to the developing editorial process. Your comments will be included in the RTÉ Audience Log for the attention of Liveline producer and will be reviewed at RTÉ's Editorial Meetings.

Thank you again for your e-mail.

Yours Sincerely,

I decided to reply to Aonghus' generic response by asking him to actually read my email and address the points I made. I don't normally bother doing this sort of thing but Monday's show incensed me so much. I have just received the following:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact RTÉ. I have forwarded your comments to the Liveline team for their attention and response.

Kind regards,
    Maria Doogan
    RTÉ Public Affairs Coordinator"

I decided to reply to Aonghus' generic response by asking him to actually read my email and address the points I made. I don't normally bother doing this sort of thing but Monday's show incensed me so much. I have just received the following:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact RTÉ. I have forwarded your comments to the Liveline team for their attention and response.

Kind regards,
    Maria Doogan
    RTÉ Public Affairs Coordinator"

Ah yeah, the bauld Maria, 99% certain she was the fobber-offer in residence on my complaint too.

Anyone hear the promo for today's show? I'm almost afraid to ask.....is it one of those Friday shows today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Maria signed mine too!

Ah yeah, the bauld Maria, 99% certain she was the fobber-offer in residence on my complaint too.

Anyone hear the promo for today's show? I'm almost afraid to ask.....is it one of those Friday shows today?

O god it probably is! June Rogers is only beaten by BOC in the battle for most vulgar unfunny Irish "comedian".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Joe snappy today, Turn off that radio!!

O god it probably is! June Rogers is only beaten by BOC in the battle for most vulgar unfunny Irish "comedian".

I believe that's what the phrase "a race to the bottom" was coined for.

I said "bottom" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

The Air Line again today

Two seconds in and he's already barking down the phone at someone.... Ironically, the same man who was criticising Luis Suarez' dog like characteristics only yesterday..

Please don't tell us the whole other episode

Why does Joe laugh mid-sentence for no reason?

And another fawning "wow" there from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

her story is not a short one......................:(

I bet her husband will die before she does.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement