Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Please say seamen Joe lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A promo for Liveline..during Liveline :confused:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    And I'm weaning myself off, aspiring to achieve what you seem to have done - the peace of mind that a Joe-free existence would bring. Why on earth did you go back to it :eek:

It's my heroin. I'm a Lahv Lahn Junkie. I went cold turkey and was doing ok, but you know you can never escape fully…..it's like Hotel California, you can check out but never fully leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

S.S.F.F. Yahooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

snubbleste wrote: »
    A promo for Liveline..during Liveline :confused:

Whatever next, a compilation cd of his favourite shows (the misery, the blood.........)

Unfortunately next Friday I'll be shaving my balls with a rusty blade so won't be able to attend Funny Friday at the Red Cow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The words 'Superstars' and 'June Rogers' don't have any business being mentioned in the same sentence.

They should introduce clamping outside churches here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Think we have the Irish Hetty Wainthropp on the line here!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,958 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

More power to her.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EI52N7W

Is a shame it's only an hour long, with the ads, you could listen to it all day,

I'm betting Joe is going to do a Judge Judy show with Paula in the next few weeks.

Mother and baby?
    Surely parent and infant..

Actually that was insulting to that male caller

I never park in disabled spots, but parent and child spots are fair game.

• Advertisement

Disabled person doesn't think someone with one arm is disabled?

EI52N7W wrote: »
    Is a shame it's only an hour long, with the ads, you could listen to it all day,
    You're deaf aren't you?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I never park in disabled spots, but parent and child spots are fair game.

Those parent & child spots drive me batty, they should just be used as extra wheelchair spots. I'm expecting at the minute and I will never ever use one of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

They should introduce clamping outside churches here too.

They did that during the Galway Novena a couple of years ago.

The outrage amongs those who felt they could park anywhere because they were going to mass was unreal.

I have no time for clamping myself, but on this occasion I had no sympathy whatsoever for for the offenders.

Their attitude of self entitlement on local radio for days afterwards did them no favours at all.

It's a pity they didn't have their gobs clamped too.

Looks like the podcasts are delayed by 24 hours.
    And here it is - panned more than a panned thing on a panny day in Pantown.
    http://podcast.rasset.ie/podcasts/audio/2014/0626/20140626_rteradio1-arena-filmreview_c20606307_20606312_232_.mp3

• Advertisement

Those critics better watch their backs now that they've insulted Joe's mate. They may never be seen again in an RTE studio......

Joe will be calling for the canonisation of Brendan O'Cardle tomorrow after this stunt (sorry, the cynic in me sees it as a stunt to garner even more free publicity for D'Movie):

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/brendan-ocarroll-gives-away-30000-live-on-air-30391758.html

On a related note, I wonder what's the most of his own money Joe has ever given away. He's very generous with other people's money and the fund, but I have a suspicion Joe himself is as tight as they come - just get that impression from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,589 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Joe will be calling for the canonisation of Brendan O'Cardle tomorrow after this stunt (sorry, the cynic in me sees it as a stunt to garner even more free publicity for D'Movie):

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/brendan-ocarroll-gives-away-30000-live-on-air-30391758.html

On a related note, I wonder what's the most of his own money Joe has ever given away. He's very generous with other people's money and the fund, but I have a suspicion Joe himself is as tight as they come - just get that impression from him.

Didn't hear BO'C yesterday (couldn't bear even the thought of it!) but I presume you're referring to the donation of funds to start up a business, or something along those lines?

Heard on the radio this morning that yer man to whom he gave the donation was done for tax earlier this year to the tune of 60 grand :D

Didn't hear BO'C yesterday (couldn't bear even the thought of it!) but I presume you're referring to the donation of funds to start up a business, or something along those lines?

Heard on the radio this morning that yer man to whom he gave the donation was done for tax earlier this year to the tune of 60 grand :D

God no I didn't listen, just saw it in the Indo online.

Genius, give €30k on a whim to a guy without any background check selling you a brilliant business idea that's sure to succeed.....so to speak.

Genius, give €30k on a whim to a guy without any background check selling you a brilliant business idea that's sure to succeed.....so to speak.
    What bets he's onto Joe first thing tomorrow to tell us all how he was scammed :D:D

Or (more likely) he'll withdraw the offer and neither yr man nor the audience will ever hear mention of it again. ......

Ye gawds, Joe has now popped into the Finucane studio, as a guest of BOC. It's his chance to buttonhole some political figures who wouldn't be seen dead on LL.
    Flogging his 'get rid of the quangos' line, but that other eejit seems dead set on misunderstanding his point about the more onerous ones and keeps employing a reductio ad absurdum argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Vote boc your next labour canadate, coming soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

"Space expert", Leo Enright drops the bombshell that landing people on Mars would be very difficult indeed. :rolleyes:

sudzs wrote: »
    "Space expert", Leo Enright drops the bombshell that landing people on Mars would be very difficult indeed. :rolleyes:

It's all red, you know.
    lCgE4z2.jpg

Ye gawds, Joe has now popped into the Finucane studio, as a guest of BOC. It's his chance to buttonhole some political figures who wouldn't be seen dead on LL.
    Flogging his 'get rid of the quangos' line, but that other eejit seems dead set on misunderstanding his point about the more onerous ones and keeps employing a reductio ad absurdum argument.

Wonder will Joe be charging "fees" for that guest appearance on his mate's show? Did they mention how great D'Movie is again?

• Advertisement

Wonder will Joe be charging "fees" for that guest appearance on his mate's show? Did they mention how great D'Movie is again?
    Yes & Yes

Yes & Yes

I assume Sunday = double or triple fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

What bets he's onto Joe first thing tomorrow to tell us all how he was scammed :D:D

Or (more likely) he'll withdraw the offer and neither yr man nor the audience will ever hear mention of it again. ......

Well, he did mumble something this morning that he wouldn't be giving him the full
    30,000!

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Well, he did mumble something this morning that he wouldn't be giving him the full
    30,000!

Thought better of it, then. He'll have every skanger in the country door-stepping him with all their off the wall ideas, that are sure-fire things.

Another Joe mrs b story, he must be getting a fortune for pr for the movie. http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/duffy-leaps-to-defence-of-movie-after-racism-claim-30393795.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Paddy Constable

Lapin wrote: »
    They did that during the Galway Novena a couple of years ago.

The outrage amongs those who felt they could park anywhere because they were going to mass was unreal.

I have no time for clamping myself, but on this occasion I had no sympathy whatsoever for for the offenders.

Their attitude of self entitlement on local radio for days afterwards did them no favours at all.

It's a pity they didn't have their gobs clamped too.

If you have "no time for clamping" then just park in a designated area and pay the appropriate fee.!

Surely you know Paddy will park wherever he feels like unless there is a clamping deterrent ?

Stick the ould flashers on and practice the gormless grin ..like.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ha ha, brilliant.

RTE were out defending themselves for having him host the show, their excuse that it was just a coincidence that he had a film coming out.
    pc7 wrote: »
    Another Joe mrs b story, he must be getting a fortune for pr for the movie. http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/duffy-leaps-to-defence-of-movie-after-racism-claim-30393795.html

"questioned a review by RTE's arts and culture show "Arena" which rated the movie with a mere half point out of 10."

Of course he did, Joe knows best.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ha ha, brilliant.

RTE were out defending themselves for having him host the show, their excuse that it was just a coincidence that he had a film coming out.

"questioned a review by RTE's arts and culture show "Arena" which rated the movie with a mere half point out of 10."

Of course he did, Joe knows best.

Well, Joe is the host of and contributor to Ireland's No. 1 radio comedy show, so he certainly knows the subject matter, and he's from the streets and a common man - not like those posho critics. They probably read too.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭baldbear

I saw that story online and thought to myself 2 chancers both OCarroll and your man but then i recognised the man involved.

He sold a Supervalu and made bad investments lost everything. Ran 2 newsagents at different times but closed due to costs.

He has a good business idea and i hope it works. The paper has him portreyed as a well off chancer but he has nothing. only the roof over his head as far as i can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

are we into week 2 of the brendan ocarroll/mrs brown love in or will it be back to dead babies and death today?

neris wrote: »
    are we into week 2 of the brendan ocarroll/mrs brown love in or will it be back to dead babies and death today?

The tennis is great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A new Garda community scheme called SAPS. I can see Joe having fun with that acronym.

sligojoek wrote: »
    A new Garda community scheme called SAPS. I can see Joe having fun with that acronym.

Super Awesome Police Service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

World War I, on RTE Radio One.... (when Sean Rocks hears what Joe Duffy said about Arena on yesterday's Marion Finucane Show.. ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Why doesnt she rename the shop "Flowers In Low Places" for the week and she'll earn a bucket..

• Advertisement

"Gareth Brookes", not to be confused with Garth Brooks.

Why doesnt she rename the shop "Flowers In Low Places" for the week and she'll earn a bucket..

Blame it all on the roots......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

Anyone for the last of the flowers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Joe is still bitter over the model railway.

Dublin FM again. Local stories for local people.

They shut down the model railway! Joe never misses an opportunity, does he?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement