Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

After such a devastating time, with the loss of their 2 sons in tragic circumstances, these good people will need their God's help.
    Don't be so cynical:confused:

God??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Sick to death of this excuse (and that's all it is).

We have a country with over-generous support systems for "the vulnerable". These people have just opted out of society, and often times humanity, and our system spends so much time/resources tripping over themselves to make excuses for them whilst babysitting them for their entire lives.

not to mention the free legal aid ship that sails merrily along...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wasn't this covered by Conor Pope on The Ray Darcy Show a couple of weeks ago.

They give you back the money no hassle (not saying it's unscrupulous mind)

After such a devastating time, with the loss of their 2 sons in tragic circumstances, these good people will need their God's help.
    Don't be so cynical:confused:

And how will "God" help them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

From now on I'm voting for whatever candidate promises to fix the justice system, gardaí, prisons, judges, etc.

It's been a taboo for too long.

There are more important things than property tax. Than money. I'd much rather live in a safe country.

I urge everyone to do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,944 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

vicwatson wrote: »

How about the God of Typewriters or Thunder?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

From now on I'm voting for whatever candidate promises to fix the justice system, gardaí, prisons, judges, etc.

It's been a taboo for too long.

There are more important things than property tax. Than money. I'd much rather live in a safe country.

I urge everyone to do the same.

Promises Smomises unfortunately

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

vicwatson wrote: »

No need for the atheist bit.

I don't believe either but i don't feel the need to question these poor unfortunates decision to rely on their faith to get them through a devastating event in their life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    it's one of those times to just put our views on Joe Duffy aside, this is an tragic case, them people you can just feel their pain, I just hope life is life for that murderer in prison.

But my statement wasn't about Duffy, it was an opinion I had on what I think I'd do in their situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

aaaaah Pat Kenny, haven't heard his voice in ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

signostic wrote: »
    not to mention the free legal aid ship that sails merrily along...

Talking about the free legal aid, i got called for jury duty about 3 months back, i was'nt selected but before the jury was chosen, there were 4 preliminary hearings that took place. All assault cases, 4 scummers, but god help them, they all got their free legal aid. Not to mention that they all pleaded guilty, and of course before you know it, there cases were put back 2 months for review. If thats the true case of our legal system, its no wonder so may of these "individuals" are seen on a revolving door basis, with solicitors already doing deals in advance for these thugs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

sudzs wrote: »
    aaaaah Pat Kenny, haven't heard his voice in ages!!

Whaa, Pat is still on the radio?...well I`ll be....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the spokesman for iarnrod eireann appears as a guest host on a rival station

is that what Joe's problem is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

ThisRegard wrote: »
    But my statement wasn't about Duffy, it was an opinion I had on what I think I'd do in their situation.
    I know that, you misunderstood me, gosh I'm 1 of Duffy's biggest critics, I just felt today's show was good in highlighting this tragic case.

Come next week I'II be slagging off Duffy's patronising attitude, but that's for another day. I hope them people find peace, today's show gave them something, that really what counts, not what we think of Duffy.

They don't want to talk to you Joe, because they know you're a gobshyte.

• Advertisement

A TD on complaining about Irish Rail a couple of days before the unions go back into talks on cost cutting measures that the minister is trying to push through. Plus he seems to think that it's still a public comany rather than a semi-state which it has been for decades.

It's alright if Ryanair do it though. They can sell you details to what he thinks may be a dodgy third party company because they are a private company themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

No Joe its just your voice thats interfering!!!

there is bereavement and then there is that couples bereavement

there is bereavement and then there is that couples bereavement

Fecking harrowing stuff. I'm not saying that LL should be full of this kind of thing, but it's a much more valid content that needs to be aired than most of the drivel that does get on.

Yawn, therapist looking for business, I'v enough today, next she be looking for early release for the murderer, I'm nodding off.

• Advertisement

I love that Joe seems more worried about the interference on the line than the therapists point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

A TD on complaining about Irish Rail a couple of days before the unions go back into talks on cost cutting measures that the minister is trying to push through. Plus he seems to think that it's still a public comany rather than a semi-state which it has been for decades.

It's alright if Ryanair do it though. They can sell you details to what he thinks may be a dodgy third party company because they are a private company themselves.

Everything CIE/IE turn their hand to turns to ****e. How would you interpret this website http://www.irishrailhotels.ie - look at the logo but it's a private company.

I love that Joe seems more worried about the interference on the line than the therapists point.

Likely got a dodgy PSU in her cordless base station or somesuch.

would the therapist agree with a brutal revenge killing?

Everything CIE/IE turn their hand to turns to ****e.

Ah, the Reverse Midas Touch.
    I've practiced it myself, from time to time. :D

How would you interpret this website http://www.irishrailhotels.ie - look at the logo.
    I don't think there be many north of the border booking to travel to orange parades when they see that logo.

How would you interpret this website http://www.irishrailhotels.ie - look at the logo but it's a private company.

Not sure what your point is with this.

Isn't it just the same as the Lidlbreaks/Super Valu Getaway things. It's run by an outside company and basically just pays an established company to use their name and piggyback on their advertising to a degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Not sure what your point is with this.

Isn't it just the same as the Lidlbreaks/Super Valu Getaway things. It's run by an outside company and basically just pays an established company to use their name and piggyback on their advertising to a degree.

Anyone coming across the hotel website would think that they were on an Irish Rail site. If CIE/IE spent less time on dubious private sector link-ups and concentrated on running their core businesses properly......

AIf CIE/IE spent less time on dubious private sector link-ups and concentrated on running their core businesses properly......

Yes. I work for them and i'm constantly doing stuff like this :rolleyes:

That's why i hadn't heard of either this dodgy deals website thing or the hotels thing until today. We just spend sooooooooooo much time doing that rather than running trains.

We're pretty much a hotel/dodgy deal company now. The trains are only for show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    Agree that there are so many out of control young (and not so young) people Very politically incorrect to say this, but personally I think the rise in single parent families and lack of a Father figure is a huge contributing factor..

This was the point I was trying to make. I don't necessarily agree about one parent families, one good parent is better than two lousy ones.

I think penalties need to be harsher, from a young age, so that these thugs don't get to 18/19 with 50 convictions behind them - I know the Borstal's of yesteryear were brutal and I don't advocate going back to the bad old days, but these kids have no discipline, routine or respect for themselves or others. Their parents should got to parenting classes (before they get their Child benefit) and their kids need borstal. The softly softly approach to repeat offenders does not work - giving the little scum a hug does not work - give them borstal, up early, clean themselves, their rooms, attend school or apprenticeship, away from the scum that they normally mix with and you might get them to change. Barring that, lock them up - I'd prefer to pay for more prisons than counselling/social workers/probationary reports/etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Well we were all punished today for enjoying the show for the last 2 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

♫ C.I.E are robbery
    doo dah doo dah
    You pay your fare and get nowhere
    doo dah doo dah deh! ♬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

snubbleste wrote: »
    ♫ C.I.E are robbery
    doo dah doo dah
    You pay your fare and get nowhere
    doo dah doo dah deh! ♬

You're wasted on here - have you heard of The Voice, or maybe contact Mooney/Louis Walsh for Eurovision stardom - Billy could mentor you (and beat up any detractors) :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

The Prez visit to Blighty, the IFTA's, Mickey Rooney ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Hitchens wrote: »

Imagine, most Brits aren't interested in Michael Twee's visit. How rude of them. I guess Ireland isn't the centre of the universe after all.....

Imagine, most Brits aren't interested in Michael Twee's visit. How rude of them. I guess Ireland isn't the centre of the universe after all.....

I find it amusing how RTE rolled out the royal ar5e-lickers as quick as you like, to ply their nether-region cleaning process for the next week, leaving us in no doubt or shortage of info about every minute minute of Michael D and Lizzy's soiree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I reckon most of the Irish living over there won't be getting their head in a knot over the visit either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Wonder will Duffy ring JohnJoe to discuss the leg incident? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mylastparadigm

Duncan Stewart 'meltdown' as the indo called it on newstalk this morning?
    Meltdown my ass, he made a show of the newstalk presenters. Newstalk were guilty of all charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Hitchens wrote: »

".....aw jaysus Joe, I loved all his philms...."

mickey_rourke_young.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Meltdown my ass, he made a show of the newstalk presenters. Newstalk were guilty of all charges.

No. He made a show of himself.

Single-issue twat, in my opinion.

In fairness, the royal baby is a fair bit cuter than Michael Twee's mug.

Ah, ffs, Lizzy entertains prezzies every week. MDH is just another one, no biggie that nobody in the UK really pays attention to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lapin wrote: »
    No. He made a show of himself.

What did he do?

Also who is Duncan Stewart?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

"I think we have a number for Northern Ireland as well"..

Liveline is planned with all the attention to detail of a Saipan training session.

Major shock !

British people show more interest in their own royal family than they do over foreign president.

syklops wrote: »
    What did he do?

He had a hissy fit on Newstalk Breakfast this morning. He's an Eco Warrior.

Lapin wrote: »
    Major shock !

British people show more interest in their own royal family than they do over foreign president.

<eep>
    "Greatest Living Poet."

syklops wrote: »
    What did he do?

Threw a strop.

Green bloke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement