Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

If anyone generalised all Dublin people I actually wouldn't give a Flying sideways F**k, I certainly wouldn't be onto any civil liberty rights crew.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Very unfair of Liveline there.

As soon as Valerie came on to defend the article and back it up with an experience of her own, they had another caller lined up to ambush her on a petty point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I hate when Joe says "How do you know they were travellers?"

I knew a group on the Luas were travellers once because they kept shouting about how they were travellers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭baldbear

theese people are well organised and thanks to their allys in the liberal media have a platform to spread their message

Don't forget the blacks while your at it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh you are so cosmopolitan with all your 'ethnic' friends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

BPKS wrote: »
    Just cos I wear black shiny shoes with white socks tucked inside my trousers and a peaky cap doesn't make me a traveller.

No it doesn't.....but maybe you should give this lad a call about your fashion sense:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5usCgSUooWNddwkvmoSY6UE46NiU4zXSWEEfNU1RtWIpZEDXq4Q

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cream_cracker

I hate when Joe says "How do you know they were travellers?"

I knew a group on the Luas were travellers once because they kept shouting about how they were travellers!

yes , he gets all touchy when someone points to the very identifiable traveller accent

within five minutes he is beating his chest and proclaiming is pride in being a member of the traveller community

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

patronising little **** isn't he (I was referring to the caller, not a poster)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

baldbear wrote: »

What about Blackie from Glenroe???? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

baldbear wrote: »

And the Greeks, they invented, erm, something.

yes , he gets all touchy when someone points to the very identifiable traveller accent

within five minutes he is beating his chest and proclaiming is pride in being a member of the traveller community

He does it all the time.

How do people know British people are English or Scottish?...their accent.

this thing has become a bad joke

not only have we travellers and their paid PC liberal defenders berating the rest of us for daring to raise our hand about chronic anti social behaviour on the part of travellers

we are the ones who get sent the bill for both camps ( no pun intended ) as both live off the tax payer teat

enough is enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

theese people are well organised and thanks to their allys in the liberal media have a platform to spread their message

All aboard the Equality gravy train. Ching-ching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭baldbear

Fair play to them clamping shouldn't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

your far too low with that figure
    Ah!! I was just trying to be being Nice :P:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And the Greeks, they invented, erm, something.

Yoghurt.

i tried to ring in , they took my number but didnt ring me back

I'm with Mary 1000000000%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Hospital rules go out the window when travellers are around. Hospital staff are afraid to say boo to them.

Well said Mary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Im going to re-listen to this later again on podcast with the popcorn, tis mighty today :pac:

Pecker Dunne?

Joe - Stephen I know from your accent, I mean details that you are peckers son

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

i tried to ring in , they took my number but didnt ring me back

RTE discriminating against "Cream Cracker" shocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

AK333 wrote: »
    patronising little sh!t isn't he

In other words: He's raising some very good points against those who hate travellers.

the only good thing if Hitler had won the war = problem solved :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Every family have little fights. Understatement right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"Every family have their little fights"

Understatement of the century with Traveller families.

little fights? Machettes, knives, baseball bat, broken legs. And that's okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

"Well, sure every family have little fights"

Little fights?????.....

Laughable..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"every family has little fights"

Ah sure, we've all been there - two broken legs !!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

"every family has little fights"

rofl!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

Haha....ya don't know whats going on in the background....
    Is that lad for real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Balance. Joe knows all about that.

lister to this gob****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bigroad

Men that bring their kids to school.Arnt they great lads altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm still laughing at the "little fights" quip.......

I'm going to a real bad ass at the next family gig....

Might bring the rolling pin...:)

Amazing show compared to yesterday.

Can hardly believe the difference.

Joe asked about 200 stupid questions yesterday. Very silent today.

'Every family has different spats Joe'.

So if I attacked my cousin with a slash hook could I tell the judge it's ok, we have our own way of dealing with things?

The son of Pecker just exonerated Power's argument in 30 seconds and shot down Pavee Point's defence in one sentence.

So to speak.

• Advertisement

Who does Joe think killed them?

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Im going to re-listen to this later again on podcast with the popcorn, tis mighty today :pac:

im going for a long walk , sh1te like the last hour gets my blood up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Mickey D won`t come home hungry from London at any rate :pac:

Have to say I know I slag off Live Lahnnnn and only ever tune in for this thread but I really feel that was a great show and about time it was said as it is. All the debating aside what happened to John Joe is an absolute disgrace and whoever is found guilty should have a heavy sentence imposed.

In the interest of balance...

I used to live around the corner from some travellers, and I never heard of them being involved in any kind of anti-social behaviour. They kept their encampment very neat (probably far tidier than it would have been, had they not been there). They seemed like perfectly normal, law-abiding people.

I'm not suggesting that all travellers are like that. Only a f*cking idiot like Brenda Power would make such sweeping generalisations.

RayM wrote: »
    In other words: He's raising some very good points against those who hate travellers.

No, don't misrepresent what I was trying to say.

He was being patronising - you can make a point without talking down to people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lapin wrote: »
    'Every family has different spats Joe'.

So if I attacked my cousin with a slash hook could I tell the judge it's ok, we have our own way of dealing with things?

The son of Pecker just exonerated Power's argument in 30 seconds and shot down Pavee Point's defence in one sentence.

So to speak.

Well said. Some Travelling people are big fans of the law when they want to claim discrimination or take action against Brenda Power for speaking the truth.

Not so much when it comes to theft and physical violence.

pc7 wrote: »
    Have to say I know I slag off Live Lahnnnn and only ever tune in for this thread but I really feel that was a great show and about time it was said as it is. All the debating aside what happened to John Joe is an absolute disgrace and whoever is found guilty should have a heavy sentence imposed.

what do you mean " told it like it is "

most of the time was spent with callers who are paid appologists for travellers

AK333 wrote: »
    No, don't misrepresent what I was trying to say.

He was being patronising - you can make a point without talking down to people

He was talking to an imbecile. It's difficult not to sound patronising when you're talking to an imbecile. He raised some very good points. It would have been great to have heard him arguing with Brenda Power.

RayM wrote: »
    In the interest of balance...

I used to live around the corner from some travellers, and I never heard of them being involved in any kind of anti-social behaviour. They kept their encampment very neat (probably far tidier than it would have been, had they not been there). They seemed like perfectly normal, law-abiding people.

I'm not suggesting that all travellers are like that. Only a f*cking idiot like Brenda Power would make such sweeping generalisations.

breda power is a fine journalist , just because she,s not a liberal like the vast majority of them , shes treated like a pariah , her article was long over due

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bigroad

If your finding it difficult to get a commercial vehicle taxed dont worry just tell the lady in the tax office that you from the travelling community and it will be taxed straight away.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement