Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Actually fair play to this woman, she has put her cards on the table and her campaign makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    "When did you realise?"
    FFS, is there any end to this man's probing of death misery?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

just cry thats all he really wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

withless wrote: »
    Actually fair play to this woman, she has put her cards on the table and her campaign makes sense.

Exactly, and this is a very recent loss for her.

Truly tragic loss and I'm sure she's blamed herself a thousand times and will probably never be done thinking "if only". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

I would definitely sign that petition....
    If I had a pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,948 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Exactly, and this is a very recent loss for her.

Truly tragic loss and I'm sure she's blamed herself a thousand times and will probably never be done thinking "if only". :(

We'll never know if the epi-pen would have worked, but it's shocking the pharmacist refused to hand one over. Utterly disgraceful.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

We'll never know if the epi-pen would have worked, but it's shocking the pharmacist refused to hand one over. Utterly disgraceful.

I agree with you but at the same time I can see how it happened.

People are allowed little discretion at work with current processes and procedure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

My understanding is you need a prescription for one? So how is it utterly disgraceful? Ever heard of medical malpractice?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Walk down O'Connell Street at that time in the evening on a dark winter night, it is like something out of the Walking Dead with the amount of junkies. It is tragic and awful, perhaps if they had have brought her into the chemist maybe they would have understood and risked it, but they'd be risking everything administering it (I would think). The mother was highly upset may not have been coherent for all they knew it was someone chancing their arm. The time involved was very short too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

BPKS wrote: »
    My understanding is you need a prescription for one? So how is it utterly disgraceful? Ever heard of medical malpractice?

Sad that we have become so consumed by legal action that we'd choose not to help out a person who was obviously clearly in big trouble.

I think that case would be pretty easy to distinguish from a junkie or whatever coming in looking for something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

why do people always expect someone else to educate them, support them, spoonfeed them?

For heavens sake read up on it yourself and educate yourself, I really despair of this mentality of thinking everyone else should do things for you

Its your kid, your responsibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I have heard that it can be dangerous for some people to use an epipen because of other conditions such as asthma. It's not as black-and-white as these people are making out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why does it matter on what street and how busy or quiet it was Joe ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

PauloMN wrote: »

I think that case would be pretty easy to distinguish from a junkie or whatever coming in looking for something.

I'd agree if she had have brought her daughter into the chemist with her or brought them out to see her, but the mother said she was extremely agitated and distressed asking for it, she has a very 'dublin' accent so it may not have been that clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"The main street of Ireland"

So, are you saying a trained pharmacist would not have been able to recognise AS and administer on the spot? You do a dis-service to pharmacists. An erroneous administration of an epi-pen might have had a downside, but preferable to the child dying in the street, don't you think?

sligojoek wrote: »
    "The main street of Ireland"

Dublin = Ireland in Joe's world.

What would this woman have done if it had happened 30 minutes later when the shop was closed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

epipen cost about €120 and it is recommended to have two, they have a shelf life of 12 mths

• Advertisement

This is turning into...." My grandson is the bestist"

So, are you saying a trained pharmacist would not have been able to recognise AS and administer on the spot? You do a dis-service to pharmacists. An erroneous administration of an epi-pen might have had a downside, but preferable to the child dying in the street, don't you think?

The kid wasn't there to recognise the symptons.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    What would this woman have done if it had happened 30 minutes later when the shop was closed!

That would have been very unlucky, indeed.

I imagine the local take-away would have refused to hand over a pen of any sort.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The kid wasn't there to recognise the symptons.

The lack of common sense displayed on the day seems to be overwhelming. Why didn't the pharmacist go into the street to see the child?

Does it cost extra to have a n allergy with Ryanair?

The lack of common sense displayed on the day seems to be overwhelming. Why didn't the pharmacist go into the street to see the child?

There's so many ifs, whys and buts we could be at this all day.

• Advertisement

Big C wrote: »
    epipen cost about €120 and it is recommended to have two, they have a shelf life of 12 mths

Hmm... that probably equates to about a tenner across the counter in Spain, for example.
    A friend of mine who has a severe AS reaction to wasp and bee stings makes sure everyone she knows is aware of where on her person she keeps her epi-pen, just in case.

Joe now using it as a point scoring opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Big C wrote: »

And they should have ensured that the young boy had one with him at all times. I'd go hungry if I had to but would always make sure my child had all the appropriate medicines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Where did this happen? When he said the main street in the capital, I'm assuming its O'Connell Street in Dublin? Why didn't they take him to a hospital?

• Advertisement

Joe tries to put another business under

They've listend to you before Joe, why would they come on ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Anyone who gets anything done to their teeth at the Ideal Homes show needs their head examined (rather than their teeth) ffs.

Joe's gonna sink his teeth in to this one

Teeth whitening? Sure wouldn't a good mouthful of Domestos would do the same job.:eek:

Anyone who gets anything done to their teeth at the Ideal Homes show needs their heads examined (rather than their teeth) ffs.

"I didn't get a roof, but a lovely set of choppers, Joe."

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Teeth whitening? Sure wouldn't a good mouthful of Domestos would do the same job.:eek:

More truth in that than you think I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Personally I wouldnt deal with any company that wasnt regulated.. Without the efforts of Pat Neary and the staff in the financial regulators office, the banks would have ended up in some mess after the collapse of Lehmans.

More truth in that than you think I'd say!

It was indeed more in truth than in jest. Anyone who uses these products have more money than sense.

Personally I wouldnt deal with any company that wasnt regulated.. Without the efforts of Pat Neary and the staff in the financial regulators office, the banks would have ended up in some mess after the collapse of Lehmans.

Oh, yes. We can see that regulation works.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I'd rather pull my own teeth out with a pliers than listen to this ****e

"oh does it yeah?"

What a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Someone's at the door with the yard brush to give your teeth another shining.

perception???:D

Anxiety of getting robbed

Did the Osmonds use that product?

Someone's at the door with the yard brush to give your teeth another shining.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_ukV3IQdbfB3ajlKSXpdGJLQPMWkqkFcJcr65eYzN6K2mInk-

"She had to go to England for training"

Oh, that's ok then. Obviously the fact that someone went to England on a €19.99 Ryanair flight means they're much more professional, better trained, committed etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Lily O'Briens is probably a bigger threat to dental health than a bit of ultra-violet whitening! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

sudzs wrote: »
    Lily O'Briens is probably a bigger threat to dental health than a bit of ultra-violet whitening! :rolleyes:

I left my teeth, in Mad Tam's Disco
    High on a shelf, they smile at me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement