Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I would love to know how much the bully mouthpiece is paid

495k a year isnt it ?

last i heard of joes wage packet anyway.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,949 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Soon we wont be able o say boo to a goose. Ffs look at Phil hogan

Jeez, must we?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Has the issue of the guy with the knives the Dáil been on Liveline at all?

I liked his line that

he had no particular target in mind when he went in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ah blow your bloody nose will ya? Snotting all over the radio

joe doesnt want to give anyone ideas !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Soon we wont be able o say boo to a goose.

I could never understand why anyone would ever want to say boo to a poor ould goose in the first place.

They have to get their back-stabbing implements from somewhere. A nice little concession, I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I liked his line that

he had no particular target in mind when he went in

It was mentioned on Vincent Browne.

Séan Sherlock was tee-ed off about it apparently. :pac:

Oh Christ.

And I thought the Northern nationalist accent was hard to take. :(

Where did Joe think he was from?

• Advertisement

"are you from south africa"

jays joe, no hes from malahide. FFS we all coulda figured that one out !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

The strongest south african accent you could possible hear and Joe goes "are you from South Africa?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

No Joe hes from Connemara, can you not tell!!!!!,agghh

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinrea01

Does anyone remember Joe being sympathetic towards Ivor Callely's "bullying" from everyone?
    Seriously??? i missed that one. Comedy gold.

am i the only one that things this bloke is one step away from doing a jobstown here ?

sound like he can bearly contain himself.

No, he's from South Armagh Joe.

And Jude White is from Cape Town.

quinrea01 wrote: »
    Seriously??? i missed that one. Comedy gold.

Years ago.

I think they were neighbours.

How does he know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

The killing of Paul quinn was truly shocking and savage.

ah im very disappointed.

i was hoping for a right barney but everyones being far too resonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

"they still vote for them " yes early and often :eek:

JM Skipton wrote: »
    The strongest south african accent you could possible hear and Joe goes "are you from South Africa?"

No, South Tipperary, Joe

Coffee stain ad. :mad:

Dublin and Monaghan Bombings.

And yet people still vote for Fine Gael and Labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Listening to the clip it doesn't sound much at all. Nothing compared to the robust and nasty stuff that used to be found on the hustings. Any candidate that can't cope with that and expects politeness and quiet discourse really shoudn't be in the running.

Take a look at the video, it really was a nasty act of thuggery and unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

Keep going Joe the tears are nearly there

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinrea01

Years ago.

I think they were neighbours.
    Probably had their yachts berthed side by side out at Dun Laoghaire marina, so to speak.

Dublin and Monaghan Bombings. And yet people still vote for Fine Gael and Labour.

I don't understand the link? I read joe tiernan's book. Most of the scum that carried out the bombings are dead anyway. Some killed by their own, some killed while trying to set a bomb, and some killed by the Ira.

The investigation was covered up. Stopped very quickly.

• Advertisement

Everything all comes back to a Dublin history lesson with Joe

If my mother was murdered I wouldn't rest for a day until I found out who did it and had them held to account.

And to hell with the 'sitiatian', and other people's notions of forgiveness, moving on, God and all that bollox. :mad:

Who is Alice?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Give up yer auld sins

argh !

the line is atrocious.

I'd like to move on alright......to another topic

• Advertisement

All this raking over past deaths, Joe's rockin' today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Move on to a better line lady

See everyone on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I missed it, but did her brains go all over the car?? FFS bad enough saying it once, but repeating.... as she said "move on", no need for details like that

Disintegrating....nice choice of word there Joe

• Advertisement

"god bless you" overload there at the end.

and you secularists thought ya were getting away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

A very odd selection of callers, I very much doubt that most people think the past should be covered up.

Also, if the Republican caller who rang in earlier was consistent he would demand that all enquiries into Bloody Sunday should be stopped immediately.

And Joe never read out the list of people standing in the crying candidates constituency. Another shambles of a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Listening to the clip it doesn't sound much at all. Nothing compared to the robust and nasty stuff that used to be found on the hustings. Any candidate that can't cope with that and expects politeness and quiet discourse really shoudn't be in the running.
    no it was pretty bad, men can't get in womens faces and intimidate them in the workplace so the same should apply in public.

Skid X wrote: »
    And Joe never read out the list of people standing in the crying candidates constituency. Another shambles of a show.

He'll have to give them all a pitch to have their spiel on the next show then.

See everyone on Tuesday.

So make it Wednesday.

no it was pretty bad, men can't get in womens faces and intimidate them in the workplace so the same should apply in public.

I agree, but there were women doing it too in that video.

Not that it matters what sex someone is. It shouldn't happen either way.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Take a look at the video, it really was a nasty act of thuggery and unacceptable.

Not really - it was nothing more than a relatively mild confrontation of differing views and really, the candidate should have been made of tougher stuff. There's been much much worse than that in times past and people have been prepared to stand their ground. I don't think she's quite cut out for the rough and tumble of politics.
    While I agree the hecklers were rectum-orifices, what went down was just part of political BS and the only real nastiness came about when a personal element was introduced by the brother of the candidate when he made some inappropriate remark about the daughter of the heckler. That shifted the lines and wasn't necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

A very odd selection of callers, I very much doubt that most people think the past should be covered up.

Also, if the Republican caller who rang in earlier was consistent he would demand that all enquiries into Bloody Sunday should be stopped immediately.

I think the point they were making is that we should try to forgive & forget, not, "Cover Up".
    If the people who grew up and lived(on both sides) with this hatred are prepared to do that, then those who did not, should be prepared, for the sake of peace and reconciliation, to let matters rest. Stirred up hatred begets more hatred, and the cycle continues.
    And how can the caller (whose Mother was murdered) demand that the Bloody Sunday inquiry be stopped immediately?? He's just a caller into Liveline....

I think the point they were making is that we should try to forgive & forget, not, "Cover Up".
    If the people who grew up and lived(on both sides) with this hatred are prepared to do that, then those who did not, should be prepared, for the sake of peace and reconciliation, to let matters rest. Stirred up hatred begets more hatred, and the cycle continues.
    And how can the caller (whose Mother was murdered) demand that the Bloody Sunday inquiry be stopped immediately?? He's just a caller into Liveline....

What do you mean by "the people who grew up and lived(on both sides)"?. Some people are prepared to forgive, but their opinion is not more valid than those who want to see justice carried out. The grieved do not speak with one voice.

The quality of mercy is not strained. A Mother was murdered and her family are entitled to have due process followed.

And the caller was quite adamant that Gerry Adams should be immune from investigation. Should he not be consistent and apply his logic to everyone who is alleged to have been responsible for killings in Northern Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

What do you mean by "the people who grew up and lived(on both sides)"?. Some people are prepared to forgive, but their opinion is not more valid than those who want to see justice carried out. The grieved do not speak with one voice.

The quality of mercy is not strained. A Mother was murdered and her family are entitled to have due process followed.

And the caller was quite adamant that Gerry Adams should be immune from investigation. Should he not be consistent and apply his logic to everyone who is alleged to have been responsible for killings in Northern Ireland?
    I meant that there are people on both sides ready to forgive, not that everyone is. My point is, if we all want to see justice carried out using the full rigours of the law, and bang everyone into jail for all the troubles that happed in the North for the past 45 years, we will never get a resolution to the problems on our island.
    You don't like Adams, but I have to agree with the Northern caller in that he is the prime mover on the peace process in the past 40 years, even if he was in the IRA. He steered them away from violence and into the peace process. History will look kindly on him.

I meant that there are people on both sides ready to forgive, not that everyone is. My point is, if we all want to see justice carried out using the full rigours of the law, and bang everyone into jail for all the troubles that happed in the North for the past 45 years, we will never get a resolution to the problems on our island.
    You don't like Adams, but I have to agree with the Northern caller in that he is the prime mover on the peace process in the past 40 years, even if he was in the IRA. He steered them away from violence and into the peace process. History will look kindly on him.

That's debatable, but probably not on this thread.

But it was curious how Joe Duffy went from his normal Shinner bashing default mode to an "ah sure, let sleeping dogs lie" opinion today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement