Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/03/14 to date

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

I'm a novice on the troubles in the North, though I have family living there, and I wasn't able to listen to todays show, just follow it on here, but, why has no-one ever came forward and said yes, Gerry you were in the IRA, you went here; we did this; you were in this brigade; etc. In all the years, you would think that just one person would be able to point the finger. By the way, I'm not saying he wasn't/isn't in the IRA, I'm not totally naïve, but just curious that no-one has ever been found to point the finger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

AK333 wrote: »
    I'm a novice on the troubles in the North, though I have family living there, and I wasn't able to listen to todays show, just follow it on here, but, why has no-one ever came forward and said yes, Gerry you were in the IRA, you went here; we did this; you were in this brigade; etc. In all the years, you would think that just one person would be able to point the finger. By the way, I'm not saying he wasn't/isn't in the IRA, I'm not totally naïve, but just curious that no-one has ever been found to point the finger.

probably because you would be murdered

he is in a cell now because of the testimony of the dead on those tapes

probably because you would be murdered

he is in a cell now because of the testimony of the dead on those tapes

Yes, I understand that - fear and intimidation - but really, not one person, leaving say a death bed confession, or any evidence on a video tape which corroborates Gerry Adams' participation in the IRA, etc.

I thought those Boston tapes were a voice recording - and that person is now dead, I think. and that is the only evidence available, as far as I know.

I'm playing devil's advocate here, I don't think for one minute that there are very many of the old guard Northern Irish politicians, on both sides of the divide, whose hands are totally clean, but you would think that if you were a member of a battalion/club/army etc, surely more than one person would remember you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

but really, not one person, leaving say a death bed confession, or any evidence on a video tape which corroborates Gerry Adams' participation in the IRA, etc.

A former minister of justice used Dail privilege to say just that. I think he named 3 SF members as being members of the IRA Army Council

ThisRegard wrote: »
    A former minister of justice used Dail privilege to say just that. I think he named 3 SF members as being members of the IRA Army Council

Lots of things wrong with the above.

If he had evidence, take it to the Guards and let due process occur - don't hide behind Dail privilege and the accompanying mud slinging, yelling and general childish behaviour that can pass as our Dail.

No good just naming them, go to the Guards, give them the evidence and let them do their job.

Just goes to show, if a TD is afraid to go to the Guards, you can't expect Joe Public to do it either.

Personally, I hate all the wink wink, dig dig sh*te that goes on in the Dail. Can they not just do some straight speaking and call a spade a spade, or a criminal a criminal.

Right enough of the serious stuff, life isn't going to change cos I had a moan, back to slagging Joe and his not, NOT, funny crew :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

It's Friday!

Of a Bank Holiday weekend!

Could it be?

*prepares noose*

Lots of things wrong with the above.

If he had evidence, take it to the Guards and let due process occur - don't hide behind Dail privilege and the accompanying mud slinging, yelling and general childish behaviour that can pass as our Dail.

He backed up his claims and statements in subsequent interviews outside of dail privilege. I would guess the the gardai already know, sure who doesn't apart from Adams himself, and as minister for justice and tanaiste at the time had access to files confirming his views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

It's Friday!

Of a Bank Holiday weekend!

Could it be?

*prepares noose*

Well there is certainly no danger of you dying from laughing.:rolleyes:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Well there is certainly no danger of you dying from laughing.:rolleyes:

*snaps mandolin in half*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

*snaps mandolin in half*

WM you only seem to appear on the Liveline thread on Funny Fridays.....either you are gluten for punishment or you are Doc Savage:D

JM Skipton wrote: »
    WM you only seem to appear on the Liveline thread on Funny Fridays.....either you are gluten for punishment or you are Doc Savage:D

It's usually on the Friday I finish work early :(

Now...why is there all this traffic in Athlone?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

That's a pity, I was excited in anticipation of how Joe Duffy would pronounce Christoph Müller's name.... I would have guessed... Mew-ler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

That's a pity, I was excited in anticipation of how Joe Duffy would pronounce Christoph Müller's name.... I would have guessed... Mew-ler

:pac:

HomerSimpsonOhNo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

It's usually on the Friday I finish work early :(

Now...why is there all this traffic in Athlone?!

The population of Athlone are moving out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

_46658378_000329892-1.jpg

excellent timing from this clown on now:)

Seems like Joe's comedian pals are allowed to use profanities freely... Can you imagine what he would do if one of the callers said "sh1te". He'd be even more rude to them than he is to the well behaved callers.

Seems like Joe's comedian pals are allowed to use profanities freely... Can you imagine what he would do if one of the callers said "sh1te". He'd be even more rude to them than he is to the well behaved callers.

conservative joe will give him a piece of his mind later for that...Or a few hail marys maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

What in the name of God is this gash that I'm listening to. Someone please explain it to me.

• Advertisement

"In an hour, he had boxes of gloves"... lol.... What is wrong with those people, are they all shinners, or did they just not get the joke.. I dont think these people would recognise a good joke..

This "Give Up Your Aul Sins" thing was funny once, but never since..

What in the name of God is this gash that I'm listening to. Someone please explain it to me.
    shut+the+++up+about+this+quot+how+is+this+funny+quot+_350d6d290b4039556fc191582c752018.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

am i now so uber cynical that i can see all the players here retiring to the hotel bar and reverting to their finest D4 accents and congratulating themselves on how well they did?

yup.

i am.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Just tuned in. Forgot about FF.....AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

Its a documentary about audio torture techniques used by the CIA at Guantanamo Bay

Two and a half hours of June Rodgers :eek:

That's worse than any sort of torture in Guantanamo Bay.

Yer man does a good P. Flynn all the same.. :pac:

Yer man does a good P. Flynn all the same.. :pac:

/\

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the first case of Liveline Stockhollum Syndrome

JM Skipton wrote: »
    /\

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the first case of Liveline Stockhollum Syndrome

If I had any, it's certainly gone after that last "performance"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Why do guys who make a ****e out of a song always go "one more time " at the end , just to doubly inflict the pain on us

This joke is fcukin ancient :rolleyes:

John O'Donovan is sounding remarkably lucid today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,949 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I didn't manage to miss it entirely, a radio was on in the background and I couldn't help hearing it in passing.
    It was like a Viz comic strip brought to life - The Crap Impressionists.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Is Frank (Bosco's mate) Toomey still on Jow's funny friday?

lufties wrote: »
    Is Frank (Bosco's mate) Toomey still on Jow's funny friday?

Yep it's him that does Mary O'Rourke..

Yep it's him that does Mary O'Rourke..

Jaysus he's really dragging the hole out of that sketch, he's doing it since bull island back in the nineties :rolleyes:

lufties wrote: »
    Jaysus he's really dragging the hole out of that sketch, he's doing it since bull island back in the nineties :rolleyes:

A lot of the stuff they do about Mary O'Rourke is fairly borderline... lots of very crass double entendrés about sex.. You'd think that if Joe was consistent, and doesnt like the impressions that David McSavage does of him, then he wouldnt permit these type of impressions of another person on his own show..

No Live-lahn today

'Fumbling For The Light', a documentary about Brendan Graham...should be good - if only to hear 'Rock 'n' Roll Kids' :)

• Advertisement

plenty of history,death and grieving families today

and how should we name a boat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

What did Phil Hogan said?

I missed the news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Wahter chargers

Well whose fault is it that you built your house on the moon? the plumbers?

no one forced you to live in the middle of nowhere caller

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lapin wrote: »
    What did Phil Hogan said
    I missed the news.
    Hurdy gurdy hurdy gurdy I'm a giant hurdy gurdy wurdy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

That's your problem for living in your horrible detached blight on the landscape like so many others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,281 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Stay there Liam.......................................so we can all have a go at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,949 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Must have a giant bog, missus.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

:pac::pac:

Sigh. Your water is not limited to that amount, you can flush as many times as you want you mad yoke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement