Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT bike sizing question/advice

Options
  • 26-03-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

looking to get a TT bike, whenever funds allow, mainly for Duathlon, 10mile tt use.
    As ill more than likely be buying 2nd hand im looking for a bit of advice as to what size would be best. i know its a "how long is a piece of string question", but hopeing some fellow boardsies can give me a few tips/pointers as to sizing.
    my road bike has a 58.5 tt with 110mm stem, so what sort of size range would i need to look at?
    ive heard people say that tt bikes are GENERALLY one size smaller than road bikes, so i PRESUME id be looking at a 56 tt?

cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Best thing to do is get a proper fitting done to know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Daz ive recently got a bike fit done on my road bike, are there are there any measurments that will "carry over" from road to tt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Im not 100% sure as its a very different position on the bike

When i was being fitted for my tt bike, i was told that the reason behind the smaller size is the top tube is shorter which allows you get over the bars propery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

It depends on what the fitting was like I suppose. I know the guy I went to fits you on his computer bike first and then offers suggestions about what type of bike and size would you suit you and then does the bike fit when you get the bike. Your guy should be able to advise you straight off though from your last bike fit as he would have all your "vital stats" so he would be able to check them off against the bike you are looking at

Advertisement