Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike transport?

• 26-03-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Howdy Folks,

Anybody doing bike transport? Need a bike picked up in Monaghan and brought to Dublin. Had planned on renting a van and doing it myself but temp' van insurance hasn't been invented yet.

Did know of a couple of guys that did bike transport in the past but they appear to have packed it in.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

I rented a van fron hertz at dublin airport last week, it was €114 plus booking charge on credit card, worked out at €120 including insurance for 2 days. You'd only need it for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

roadsmart wrote: »
    I rented a van fron hertz at dublin airport last week...

Thanks for that. I don't live in Dublin but it might just do if nothing else comes up.

Just checked the site, €60 for a connect or €70 for a transit for 24 hours. Unfortunately they're only available from Dublin, Waterford, Wexford or Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

Howdy Folks,

Anybody doing bike transport? Need a bike picked up in Monaghan and brought to Dublin. Had planned on renting a van and doing it myself but temp' van insurance hasn't been invented yet.

Did know of a couple of guys that did bike transport in the past but they appear to have packed it in.

Silver Bullet Motorcycle Transport & Recovery

Spephen Kearney 087 2579248

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I'll PM one of the lads here for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

PM sent. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

If you dont get sorted give me a shout I have a transit and if you come with me just pay for the fuel

That's a very decent offer, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

I'm in a similar boat, need help transporting a bmw F650 from longford to east cork.
    Cost to do it myself would be about 90€ and about 9 hours with hassle of travelling to find a borrowed trailer.
    If sensible I'd rather get it delivered. Any idea's?
    I saw Silver Bullet Motorcycle Transport removed their facebook page, maybe they are not still going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What about public transport to longford and drive it back yourself?

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    What about public transport to longford and drive it back yourself?
    Only back to biking after a long spell. Was at NDLS 2 weeks ago but no sign of licence yet, so no IBT or chance of driving it home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

deegs wrote: »
    I'm in a similar boat, need help transporting a bmw F650 from longford to east cork.
    Cost to do it myself would be about 90€ and about 9 hours with hassle of travelling to find a borrowed trailer.
    If sensible I'd rather get it delivered. Any idea's?
    I saw Silver Bullet Motorcycle Transport removed their facebook page, maybe they are not still going?

PM me the collection and delivery address and I'll get you a price.

P.K.M. wrote: »
    PM me the collection and delivery address and I'll get you a price.
    Pm sent.
    Thanks!

Advertisement