Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid standing order

Options
  • 26-03-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I've just found a 12.70 EUR debit item titled "UNPAID S/O CHARGE" on 365 online. I have a standing order set up on my account on the 24th of each month. I did not have sufficient money in the account on the 24th since I have received my salary the next day (25th) - I guess that explains why I was charged the unpaid standing order fee.

However, I don't quite understand why the fee arrived on the 26th, a day after I had sufficient funds for the payment to be made. And more importantly, what happens next? Will the standing order be processed again over the next few days automatically, or do I have to make the payment manually?

Curiously, the same situation happened last month - the standing order was set up to go on the 24th, my account didn't have enough funds on the 24th, then my salary arrived on the 25th - but the standing order was processed without any issues on the 25th, and I was not charged any extra fees. Honestly, I'm just not really clear on what rules apply to standing orders - though I'm starting to appreciate the importance of holding sufficient funds in my account.

Thanks,
    A customer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi migash.r,

Thank you for getting in contact and welcome to boards.ie.

An unpaid fee of E12.70 is charged when there are insufficient funds in your account to meet a Direct Debit or Standing Order. The fee is applied automatically on your account after the payment is missed.

Unfortunately, as we do not have account access here, we are unable to be more specific to your case. To query this further please contact your account holding branch where a representative will be more than happy to explain why the fee was charged this month.

If you are registered for Bank of Ireland 365 please call 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000 or log on to 365Online and send an Online Service Desk message via your inbox. The staff members answering those queries have full access to your account details and will be more than happy to look into this for you.

We hope this helps and we look forward to talking to you again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement