Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri Laois

Options
  • 26-03-2014 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Anyone entered? Got a spot off the waiting list but havent done the race before...its a nice warm up for Barcelona so just wondering what to watch for

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'm in. Really like this race, this is my 5th time to do it. New bike and run route this year so can't comment on them. Always a very well run race with no complaints from me. Only issue is parking can be a pain, and if you're in a late wave (there are 7 waves usually) you could be hours waiting to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Do they start with the slowest waves first?

Normally the slowest waves (25 mins) and the women in sport waves are first. It's always been a goal of mine to be a fast enough swimmer to go in wave 7 :) (last year I was in wave 6).

Im racing to heart rates so i put 15mins for the swim so hopefully be in an early enough wave

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm doing this, not a fan of pool swims but the OH is doing it so said I may as well.
    Make a right balls of the cycle last year so was hoping to rectify that but its new routes and only 18k of a bike :mad:

• Advertisement

Anyone else doing this?

No sign of the wave allocations yet. Makes planning for Saturday difficult - there's about 2hrs in the difference between an early and a late wave re. what time I get home at!!! With soccer, GAA and two birthday parties on the calendar for Saturday the wife needs answers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Wave times are up now

http://trilaois.ie/node/57

11.30!!!! Thats a lot of waitin around!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

How did it go ?

• Advertisement

Good race, well organised and nice course

A very impressive ladies winner, a serious time

Green&Red wrote: »
    Good race, well organised and nice course

A very impressive ladies winner, a serious time

I spoke to the winner afterwards and he reckons he didn't catch her until about 200m from T2 given the time she put into him in the pool!

As usual really well organised and a better bike and run route than last year IMO.

griffin100 wrote: »
    I spoke to the winner afterwards and he reckons he didn't catch her until about 200m from T2 given the time she put into him in the pool!

As usual really well organised and a better bike and run route than last year IMO.

And she did a serious run time

Didnt like the turn around point on the run, a dead stop down a steep hill on loose gravel around a cone isnt a great idea

Other than that, it wasnt bad

Advertisement