Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Transfers - can they be reversed?

Options
  • 26-03-2014 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am sending a person some funds via bank transfer for an item I am buying from Donedeal. They are within Ireland. I am with AIB.

If they were to scam me, can I reverse or claim back the transfer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

No, you can't claim it back unless you pay by paypal or credit card and even then it will be quite hard. I would wait until you have the item or send a post dated cheque if you are worried they will scam you. AIB will not refund your money if you are scammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am sending a person some funds via bank transfer for an item I am buying from Donedeal. They are within Ireland. I am with AIB.

If they were to scam me, can I reverse or claim back the transfer?

Do they want to pay by bank transfer, there are many other safer options out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

No.
    Only way it can be reversed is if the beneficiary gives their bank a written instruction to send back the funds.

Advertisement