Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Landcruiser - clutch trouble

• 26-03-2014 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Got an 07 3ltr landcruiser. I've had it at the main Toyota dealer who tells me the noise I've been hearing is a release bearing in the clutch, which will cost €750 to sort and as the whole clutch will have to be taken out to fix this I would be aswell get a new clutch kit at the time, got quoted €1000 for the job.

Basically just wondering is this a rip off? Would an independent garage be less expensive? What y'all recommend I do? :o

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I had the clutch done in my cruiser a few years back, was €850 at a main dealer at the time...

Dropping the gearbox out of these is a big job, so labour is the big cost, very big, very heavy and lots of bits to come off to get at it. . I would say its not a million miles off, but an Indy might be cheaper, if you have one you trust.

Advertisement