Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 Network

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Anyone on this?

Thinking about switching from vodafone & have only heard about 48 at the wknd but don't know many, if any, on it. There's an offer of all mobile calls, all texts, 5gb of data & 60 landline minutes for €20 a month.

Surely, that's the best deal out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Invincible

If you don't need the data, you can get 10,000 mins to any Irish mobile or landline per month for €15 and use cabbage for sending texts off WiFi.
    The €15 credit does not expire, so you could use some of that to buy a data add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ffm

Invincible wrote: »
    If you don't need the data, you can get 10,000 mins to any Irish mobile or landline per month for €15 and use cabbage for sending texts off WiFi.
    The €15 credit does not expire, so you could use some of that to buy a data add on.

Is that with Vodafone or 48? I'm guessing Vodafone, yeah?

Cabbage is down with them now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Invincible

ffm wrote: »
    Is that with Vodafone or 48? I'm guessing Vodafone, yeah?

Cabbage is down with them now again.

Sorry I forgot to mention Tesco mobile in that post, it's on the o2 network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

ffm wrote: »
    Anyone on this?

Thinking about switching from vodafone & have only heard about 48 at the wknd but don't know many, if any, on it. There's an offer of all mobile calls, all texts, 5gb of data & 60 landline minutes for €20 a month.

Surely, that's the best deal out there.

It's cheap sure, but the data connectivity is temperamental at the best of times. In the past it has gone down for days at a time with no explanation. It hasn't happened for several months now, but it still regularly stops working for several minutes at a time, requiring you to toggle airplane mode to jar it back to life (that doesn't always work either).

Still I'm willing to put up with it for the time being, I'm on the €10 a month deal, suits me fine as I spend most of my time connected to wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

I am on the 10 euro a month deal and have not had any problems, only using it about 3 months now,

Only thing to remember is any calls or texts are Ireland only and you need to keep a separate balance if you want to send any mms or call/text outside Ireland 

• Advertisement

Simi wrote: »
    It's cheap sure, but the data connectivity is temperamental at the best of times. In the past it has gone down for days at a time with no explanation. It hasn't happened for several months now, but it still regularly stops working for several minutes at a time, requiring you to toggle airplane mode to jar it back to life (that doesn't always work either).

Still I'm willing to put up with it for the time being, I'm on the €10 a month deal, suits me fine as I spend most of my time connected to wifi.

I, too, spend most of my time connected to wifi but that doesn't excuse the fact that the data connectivity on 48 doesn't work like it should. Something like that would turn me off. I am, after all, paying for a service & I expect to get it. Is the changeover to the network hassle free? I need my phone for work & it's not an option not to be contactable for even a short amount of time.

I'm wondering is it just easier to go with the vodafone 'red' option. It's all calls, all texts & 1gb of data for €30 a month. As I said, I spend nearly all my time in a wifi zone so the 1gb of data should be loads.

wiz569 wrote: »
    I am on the 10 euro a month deal and have not had any problems, only using it about 3 months now,

Only thing to remember is any calls or texts are Ireland only and you need to keep a separate balance if you want to send any mms or call/text outside Ireland 

That's where WhatsApp & Viber come in....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

wiz569 wrote: »

Not allowed to use data roaming either. That would be a major turn off for me.

Switched over to this before the wknd. I've had a few people ringing me telling me that they couldn't get through to me when they tried earlier. Also, I was on the phone yesterday & the call just ended mid conversation.

Anyone know if that's 'normal' standard of service?? I'll go back to vodafone if this is gonna be ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

There's a couple of people i work with that on 48, they're the only ones i can never get through to. Might be €10 a month but for no service, sounds like a rip off to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Switched my daughter to this about 6 months ago and no issues at all. Coverage seems better that when she was on Meteor as I can now call her 95% of the time whereas before with Meteor it was only 75% success rate. data coverage seems good too
    For €10 a month she has all she needs but sometimes gets an extra 1GB data for the €3.
    Well worth it IMO

She finds it a bit of a curse with the way you top up online but is getting used to it. Not all shops seem to have the ability to supply top up codes either so there is that one issue of not being as easy as other PAYG options or as Billpay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Coming up to a year on it now with no problems,never missed any calls that I'm aware of either.

I contacted them & they said that the issue has been resolved. We shall see...

Advertisement