Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best elctricity gas supply to go with??

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I have recently become sole tenant in a rented private accommodation, my friend is moving out and he is on the gas and elec bill which is airtricity which is paid to date...
    After my previous house was taken over by the bank , I think I got into arrears with Esb back in 2010, not much I would imagine, maybe 100 euro or so but in this present climate i don't have it to pay...
    Could i go with someone else for both gas and esb.... ???If so who and is it the best and will they check with esb to see arrears???
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices/

As far as I know arrears will be looked up - I'm not sure have far they go back though. As it was at a different address it mightn't crop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Rugby players seem to be en vogue at the moment so I'd imagine prepaypower.ie are the best although you may want to check with bonkers.ie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paddyjnr

yes it is different address and the last bill was in joint names and was cut off due to lack of payment.... thank you,

Rugby players seem to be en vogue at the moment so I'd imagine prepaypower.ie are the best although you may want to check with bonkers.ie:)
    just phones airtricity and got everything set up, no deposit need and no check on arrears from previous... all fairly painless
    Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

are you renting the whole property or just one room?

If its just a room and there no other occupants the landlord should contribute towards the bill, as your renting on the basis that bills are split between tenants.

so the standing charge, usage by fridge/freezer/tv/heating should be split.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Is this a BA?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I got 12% off gas and a further 12% off esb with Electric Ireland if I sign up for 12months.
    Need to commit to dd and paperless billing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to requests

paddyjnr wrote: »
    just phones airtricity and got everything set up, no deposit need and no check on arrears from previous... all fairly painless
    Thanks all
    Exactly what I done and know problems whatsoever... thank you

Advertisement