Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The wine expert hasn't a clue what she is on about :rolleyes:

I'm not listening now but a while back I heard a 'wine and cinema' section with two women and neither of them had a clue about either wine or what constituted a decent film review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Painful interview there with the dude that made his own sandwich and all ingredients from scratch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Birneybau wrote: »
    Painful interview there with the dude that made his own sandwich and all ingredients from scratch...

very very bad !! Sean was trying to get rid of him after about a minute, painful indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

He singled out another tweeter who had a pop at some Muslim freedom fighter again. It seems to easy to rile little Sean up.
    We should have a competition of who can upset Sean and get there text or teweet read out lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

used to do that back in the day when it was free to text newstalk on claire byrne.

all it took was slagging off women for her to go mental.

:)

on sean, i think PC ireland is having a very hard time on the refugee issue. ya notice despite the acres of coverage no one seems interested in having a public poll or survey on it.

IMO thats down to em not wanting the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Denis owns newstalk

Denis owns roankabin

There will be tens of thousands of refugees looking for immediate, temporary housing.

Roankabin were giving the government a rundown of there housing systems last week.

Denis o Brien is best friends with enda kenny.

I'm sure there's no alterior motive as to why Newstalk would be pushing this agenda!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Wasn't listening to every word of the show to-day, but I don't think the Migrant Crisis was mentioned once.

I wonder might that have had some connection with the location of the broadcast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Denis owns newstalk

Denis owns roankabin

There will be tens of thousands of refugees looking for immediate, temporary housing.

Roankabin were giving the government a rundown of there housing systems last week.

Denis o Brien is best friends with enda kenny.

I'm sure there's no alterior motive as to why Newstalk would be pushing this agenda!

zzzzzzzz denis o'brien is the devil zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

New to listening to Sean M with any regularity... doing so now mainly because the last non-idiot on 2FM has been exiled to some obscure morning slot at the weekend.

Who's this "comedian" on at the moment? He essentially sounds like every other populist "actual" politician. Cut taxes, reclaim our natural resources, "I'm neither left nor right, i.e. I'm very obviously right-wing", blame Europe, yo-ho. *fingernails dig into palms* We have to listen to this incoherent pap frpm people really running for election -- and from Eddie Hobbs, natch -- but how on earth does this make it into an "entertainment" slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He had a woman on at the start of the show this afternoon who made a comment that one in four Irish women are currently in abusive relationships, she quoted some study or other but I didn't catch the name of it.

To me that doesn't sound right, it means that 25% of Irish men in relationships are domestic abusers. I was surprised Sean didn't take her up on it and question the merits of this study.

• Advertisement

He had a woman on at the start of the show this afternoon who made a comment that one in four Irish women are currently in abusive relationships, she quoted some study or other but I didn't catch the name of it.

To me that doesn't sound right, it means that 25% of Irish men in relationships are domestic abusers. I was surprised Sean didn't take her up on it and question the merits of this study.

Well it could mean that 25% of Irish woman are domestic abusers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Movie reviewer is just plain awful.

She couldn't answer two or three basic questions asked of her that i was actually shouting at the radio:rolleyes:

Movie reviewer is just plain awful.

She couldn't answer two or three basic questions asked of her that i was actually shouting at the radio:rolleyes:

Newstalk is pretty renowned for having people on that don't have a clue about their subject matter. The lads who do that team 33 show are the absolute pits. They seem to do zero research and sound no more informed than a couple of fools chatting at the bar.

Jayop wrote: »
    Well it could mean that 25% of Irish woman are domestic abusers too.

Yes but the study she was quoting from was specifically focused on female victims of abuse.

Yes but the study she was quoting from was specifically focused on female victims of abuse.

I was being deliberately obtuse. ;)

Jayop wrote: »
    Newstalk is pretty renowned for having people on that don't have a clue about their subject matter. The lads who do that team 33 show are the absolute pits. They seem to do zero research and sound no more informed than a couple of fools chatting at the bar.

The upside of Moncrieff is that he indeed has terrible guests, reads out shockingly reactionary comments, etc, but he at least mocks them.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭styron

It's 26% - the proportion of women who have experienced any physical or sexual violence by partners (past & current) or any other person since the age of 15. (Comparative rates: UK-44%, NL-45%, DK-52% & EU Av. 33%)

http://www.safeireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/fra-2014-vaw-survey-main-results_en.pdf

styron wrote: »
    It's 26% - the proportion of women who have experienced any physical or sexual violence by partners (past & current) or any other person since the age of 15.

If that's the same survey, it seems to have been glossed wrong, if it was presented as "1/4 currently in an abusive relationship".

That Film reviewer was rubbish is she actually employed by a newspaper? Sounds really disinterested in movies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I'm not a film buff but I can tell that sarina bellissimo doesn't know the first thing about movies, total spoofer. I'm sure Sean wouldn't hear a bad word said about her though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Whilst reviewing 'Legend' a couple of weeks back she disclosed that she'd never heard of the Kray twins before.

I mean WTF. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Whilst reviewing 'Legend' a couple of weeks back she disclosed that she'd never heard of the Kray twins before.

I mean WTF. :confused:

She's an Aussie in fairness.

kneemos wrote: »
    She's an Aussie in fairness.

I know, you'd imagine they'd be the one people who would be well versed in organised crime history.

There isn't a bloody person in the country without a link to a convict.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

O'Doherty wasn't his usual obnoxious self yesterday.

Enjoyed the chat with Frank Kelly, pity they didn't keep him on longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

In fairness, it must be a hard act for him to keep up all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

If Ian O'Doherty was in his early 20s, he'd be ****posting on Reddit about how unjust western society is towards white men, and he'd have a fondness for trilbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I actually switched off when I heard O'Doherty coming on. Not-that-obnoxious is the best you can ever hope for with him. God forbid he'd entertain or provide insight.

You're right - it's a pity they didn't give Frank a double segment or something. He seems like a lovely, interesting guy with a lot of quiet dignity about him (not something I thought i'd ever say about the man who played Fr. Jack)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Sean could have talked to Frank for an hour and barely mention Father Ted and still would have been very interesting, it's mad to think he actually had a career before that, I suppose his legacy will be playing a senile old priest, sadly he probably won't be truly appreciated till he's gone.

Ian O'Doherty is fine by me, makes a change from the usual liberal Hand wringing Irish times types he usually has on, I'm surprised he bothers having Ian on as he is very far away in opinions on migration etc, Ian would be the type Sean would ridicule on their tweets as they don't match his own world view!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

No Sean.No party.

Advertisement