Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Love the show but one thing that bugs me is that the bould Sean never, ever thanks the newsreader.

Yeah, petty I know but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Birneybau wrote: »
    Love the show but one thing that bugs me is that the bould Sean never, ever thanks the newsreader.

Yeah, petty I know but still...

I've noticed that alright.

He always comes back in with "...and it's the Moncreiff Show on..."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Thought it was an excellent show today, Tom Clonan talking about why he is running for senate, that X-Factor voiceover fella, Houdini's assistant, that fella who was apparently murdered for stealing lobsters in Canada.

Also when someone texted in that women should stay at home then texted back in saying "I sent that in cos I knew it'd upset the PC Brigade of which Sean is fully paid up member" Sean replied "No doubt you enjoyed hearing about Saudi Arabia" :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was so funny today when he said "The most litigious man in the world has sued the Guinness Book of Records....didn't know Denis O'Brien had a grudge against them" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What's the craic with this "So you think you're an adult?" slot?

Is it some sort of advice bit?

"My hair is going grey, what can I do?" "I'm getting married but don't know if I've slept with enough people..."

Sorry Sean, I love the show, but this is waaaay too ITV/Closer magazine for my liking.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that slot is nearly as bad the time he used have three middle aged women talking pure sh1te, hopefully they'll see sense and drop it without a word and hope no one notices its gone.

The stories from around the world that you wouldn't hear around here slot makes up for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The stories from around the world that you wouldn't hear around here slot makes up for it though.

This and David carey are the best slots of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

For me it would be Graham Finlay.

I used to really like the TV slot, but it's not the same since they changed the bloke that does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I love David Carey. He's such a rock of sense and seems like a genuinely nice man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Henry McKean reports. It's a genuine reason to turn off the radio. Where does he find these people at times.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Henry must know every down and out in Dublin at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Stuart Clarke. Nothing more tragic than a guy in his fifties trying to be the most right-on person in the students union.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Henry must know every down and out in Dublin at this stage!

The poor mans Paddy O'Gorman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

He's just had Lucinda Creighton on for a quick Q & A, after having Iphone Joan on yesterday. Is he working his way through the Axis of Evil?

I like those political Q & A's, a mixture of fluffy personal questions with a few grenades thrown in there too.

Anyone else notice Creighton's very subtle dig at Denis O'Brien?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

"Tara Duggan here, filling in for Sean..."

/radio off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

davef1000 wrote: »

/radio off.

are you not interested in what her family are up to??

every friggin time she's in, her kids have the same issues as everyone else on the parenting slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

For *#^@'s sake. Stuck in office most days. I have to put with some awful music on the radio. Every time I get to go spinning in the van for the afternoon (which isn't often), Tara bloody Duggan is filling in for Sean. Christ. FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

I put on the radio while going for a run turned on the Moncrieff and there she was, agh...quickly switched over..put on the radio before getting in the shower, adverts on and then I had to endure Henry McKeane (unsure of spelling) and one of them Healy Rae gob****es..good God save me from this horrendous ****etalk !!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

davef1000 wrote:

I like Tara

• Advertisement

Did Tara not leave Newstalk a while ago?

I remember the lad who filled in for Sean last summer did a good job, pity they didn't go back to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

The guy who does the tv on the radio segment is poor imo.

Another day tuning in, hearing Tara and immediately "move the dial" as they like to put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Another day tuning in, hearing Tara and immediately "move the dial" as they like to put it.

I imagine that Tara is the emergency/last minute cover. I really wish they would get someone better. I think i will have to find a podcast to listen too

Where is Sean?
    And why is he off all the time?
    Will he leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

No......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pfft. Snapchat this, Twitter that.

Boards or nothin', baby. There's yer social media.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Pfft. Snapchat this, Twitter that.

Boards or nothin', baby. There's yer social media.

Sean trying to cut through her spoofing was an entertaining listen.

I mentioned it before but I loved those Q&A's with politicians, some of them came across well, the different approach to them was refreshing.

Why does the tv on radio guy hate tv? He sounds such a self righteous bollox at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Why does the tv on radio guy hate tv? He sounds such a self righteous bollox at times.

Big Girls fan are we ?

If a tv show is ****e he's dead right to say it's ****e.

Advertisement