Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I hope not considering she is living with Sean!

No she's not! Sean's married with kids is he not? He is always on about his teenage children etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

He was but they are separated a few years now. I get that I sound like a stalker but I'm not! My family live near them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hazydays123

No she's not! Sean's married with kids is he not? He is always on about his teenage children etc!

That marriage broke down a long time ago I believe. No idea about him and Caroline though.

He was but they are separated a few years now. I get that I sound like a stalker but I'm not! My family live near them!

Ok that makes sense, are you sure about himself and Caroline though? I know she had a baby recently.

Ok that makes sense, are you sure about himself and Caroline though? I know she had a baby recently.

Well I saw them all snuggly at Electric Picnic after the live broadcast (she was pregnant) and they definitely live together as I pass their place regularly. They have a lovely on- air relationship so it makes sense but I felt yesterday's section on her leaving was a bit OTT.

• Advertisement

Well I saw them all snuggly at Electric Picnic after the live broadcast (she was pregnant) and they definitely live together as I pass their place regularly. They have a lovely on- air relationship so it makes sense but I felt yesterday's section on her leaving was a bit OTT.

So they had a baby together? That doesn't really make sense.

It makes sense knowing they are in a relationship when you hear bits of the on- air banter. Kinda like "ah yeah, I get it". I am probably not explaining it well. Did you hear the segment yesterday?

It makes sense knowing they are in a relationship when you hear bits of the on- air banter. Kinda like "ah yeah, I get it". I am probably not explaining it well. Did you hear the segment yesterday?

No I missed it yesterday. Was it not Annette Freeman who was pregnant? You know the one who does the 5min slot on 'interesting things to get up to tonight' at the end of the show.
    I meant that it doesn't make sense in that if he had a newborn baby he would probably mention it on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

I'm nearly 100% sure she's married to Fionn Davenport.

http://www.healthytravel.ie/the-honeymooner/

Is doesn't give her surname, but everything else fits.

Nah, they live together for sure. His new book even references "Caroline" at the start.

He never mentioned the breakdown of his marriage on the show either. Listen to the 4th part of yesterday's show on the website if you can.

• Advertisement

Nah, they live together for sure. His new book even references "Caroline" at the start.

He never mentioned the breakdown of his marriage on the show either. Listen to the 4th part of yesterday's show on the website if you can.

Sorry, you've got this wrong.
    Susan Cullen ‏@susankilkenny 17 Jan 2013

@carolineclarke Here, that @fionndavenport is saying you're such a rubbish cook he had to bring you for cookery lessons on your honeymoon
    0 retweets 0 likes

Caroline Clarke
    @carolineclarke

@susankilkenny @fionndavenport Interestingly he brought his mother on a better honeymoon than me!! :)
    7:22 AM - 17 Jan 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Who's married to who?

Ah, i don't really care.

Anyway, I tried to download yesterday's show (partially because I usually agree with Sean's pinko lefty attitude). It said it worked, but the files aren't on my phone. This has happened a few times with the Newstalk app. Anyone else find this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

foxtrot101 wrote:
    I'm nearly 100% sure she's married to Fionn Davenport.

Fionn Davenport was on Vincent Brown I think last year & Vincent said something like 'sure you were never married' and fionn said I was a long time ago.
    Interestingly fionn went working for rte a couple of years ago.
    Even though its probably none of our business it would good for listeners to know if there was a relationship between presenter and producer. I don't think there was as it would have been fairly weird saying the producer just had a baby without saying it was yours?

I wonder is it kept under wraps as he was so open about being married before. I saw them myself at EP last year after the outside broadcast (wherehe mentioned her being pregnant on air and then he took the piss saying she wasn't impressed). They later walked by me holding hands/ arms around each other. I know where they live too as it is close to my family.

bossdrum wrote: »
    Fionn Davenport was on Vincent Brown I think last year & Vincent said something like 'sure you were never married' and fionn said I was a long time ago.
    Interestingly fionn went working for rte a couple of years ago.
    Even though its probably none of our business it would good for listeners to know if there was a relationship between presenter and producer. I don't think there was as it would have been fairly weird saying the producer just had a baby without saying it was yours?

They only got married in 2012. It's possible that the marriage broke up and she is now with Sean, but it's unlikely. I think we've delved into their personal lives enough at this stage. I agree, it really isn't any of our business.

Well it would explain her departure from the show and the station, even though I thought they both got emotional in her farewell segment as they both got emotional and she did say "I love you" and he said the same, just dont think you would be like that if you were going to be heading home together!

Ahh makes sense now!

He mentioned having a newborn a couple of months ago, just in passing, I think it was the parenting segment. I wondered why he never mentioned it any other time.
    And the why he gushed about the baby!
    Makes total sense now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

That man on now in this segment has the most annoying nasal voice in the world. Doesn't help that the section is pure and utter ****e either.

That man on now in this segment has the most annoying nasal voice in the world. Doesn't help that the section is pure and utter ****e either.

It's not exactly a whole heap of fun this segment today.

They reduced it to two hours? The show team better have wanted that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    They reduced it to two hours? The show team better have wanted that.

They should start it at 1.45 instead and run to 4 or whatever new time they want, that way they can take in the RR1 listeners directly after the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I have to admit, I always personally thought the show was about 30 mins too long, but surprised they knocked a whole hour off it.

Definitely interesting times ahead at Newstalk.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Thought George was leaving.

They are giving OTB another half hour? thought 3 hours would be more than adequate for sports, Paul Williams joining too?

Surreal new schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭styron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Christ almighty. Paul Williams. I couldn't be dealing with him during me morning commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

GONE.

sorry lads but no fupping way am i putting up with paul williams.

watch the morning show collapes in listeners.

jesus to bring this at least in some way to the discussion on sean now about europe is there NO ONE in the 500 million citizens of the EU that can replace yates besides that twonk?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭styron

Christ almighty. Paul Williams. I couldn't be dealing with him during me morning commute.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

texters winding up sean on brexit and the EU.

:D

On the new schedule again. that pat kenny george hook back to back will pay off IMO.

about the only thing that makes sense in it.

still nice to see collete get a shot at a better timeslot. her show's been good for what it is on the sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Ah FFS. I used to listen to Moncrieff in the car for the last half of my lunch. No f*&$in' way am I tuning into George Hook.

• Advertisement

sheep? wrote: »
    I have to admit, I always personally thought the show was about 30 mins too long

Me too- the first 30 mins!

Advertisement