Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

BPKS wrote: »
    Jesus the TV reviewer fella is fcukin painful.

A bit like the wine lady, I find myself turning off within a couple of minutes.

He's fierce pretentious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The TV review is grand.

The wine slot is a bit boring though as it's pretty much the same conversation every week, and I don't drink wine so that doesn't help either.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

It's amazing that So You Think You're An Adult rubbish has survived this long, the worst thing about this dreadful new schedule (Even worse than Paul Williams or Hook's ill-informed soap boxing) is the History slot is rushed and they haven't the time to flesh out a story properly.

I haven't heard Jonathon DeBurca Butler since September, is that slot gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

No, he's still there. I'm not sure which day - I think it's Monday's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The TV review is grand.

The wine slot is a bit boring though as it's pretty much the same conversation every week, and I don't drink wine so that doesn't help either.

Its not the topics I'm on about, its the contributors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Didn't catch the name of the film Sean was giving out about earlier but it was an entertaining rant all the same.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nocturnal Animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

quickbeam wrote: »
    Nocturnal Animals.

What did he say about it? I went to see it this week. It wasn't what I expected but I actually enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Pretentious shíte, crap ending. Bascially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Did the end of the show seem very rushed yesterday???
    There was a woman talking about the film Sully, and then Sean flew over to talk to someone else, then I think he had "What to do tonight" part. Very rushed...
    But then, awful music comes on for about 3 minutes. And I thought to myself, you rushed people talking to play this rubbish???

Why does he do this? Very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

No longer is this slot a 'must listen / listenback'

The Caroline Clarke understood how to control motor mouth Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭cml387

0lddog wrote: »
    No longer is this slot a 'must listen / listenback'

The Caroline Clarke understood how to control motor mouth Sean

I remember one hilarious exchange when Sean started on some free association riff which began with "Wouldn't it be great if..."
    Caroline cut him off at the knees. "Would it Sean??? Would it really?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This Friday is a Christmas Movies & Booze special. Don't know why it's so early, but it's my favourte radio of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Sean Moncrieff and Baz Ashmawy talking about vasectomies had me in the kinks. Great interview.

It's amazing that So You Think You're An Adult rubbish has survived this long, the worst thing about this dreadful new schedule (Even worse than Paul Williams or Hook's ill-informed soap boxing) is the History slot is rushed and they haven't the time to flesh out a story properly.

I don't mind Declan Buckley. He actually seems like a nice, down to earth type of guy. Barbara Scully I absolutely CAN NOT stand. Who is she and why is she on the show?

I just listened back to the question about eloping and was shocked about how closed minded she was. She essentially said the listener would live to regret it if she eloped as her parents would be so horrified they'd disown her...
    Her own daughter is getting married next year and as the segment unfolded she basically admitted that her daughter had wanted a small wedding abroad but she bullied her into a big, tacky Irish wedding because apparently 'her children owe it to her' :rolleyes:

Struggling for TV shows this week for TV on the radio..... Peppa Pig. Yep.

Ok seriously, Peppa Pig, X Factor and Only Fools and Horses? That's the 3 shows they are talking about? Screaming of a slot that they sorted over lunch.

I don't mind Declan Buckley. He actually seems like a nice, down to earth type of guy. Barbara Scully I absolutely CAN NOT stand. Who is she and why is she on the show?

I just listened back to the question about eloping and was shocked about how closed minded she was. She essentially said the listener would live to regret it if she eloped as her parents would be so horrified they'd disown her...
    Her own daughter is getting married next year and as the segment unfolded she basically admitted that her daughter had wanted a small wedding abroad but she bullied her into a big, tacky Irish wedding because apparently 'her children owe it to her' :rolleyes:

As someone who is getting married abroad next year for that very reason, I wish I was close to her to punch her for the way she was going on about that. It was disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

As someone who is getting married abroad next year for that very reason, I wish I was close to her to punch her for the way she was going on about that. It was disgraceful.

Ugh, me too. What the feck does she know anyway? We had to listen to that crap for 12 solid months and we brazened it out and had our tiny, "odd" wedding. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Struggling for TV shows this week for TV on the radio..... Peppa Pig. Yep.

Ok seriously, Peppa Pig, X Factor and Only Fools and Horses? That's the 3 shows they are talking about? Screaming of a slot that they sorted over lunch.

I was listening at this time and not having the pleasure of seeing Peppa Pig, it sounded very much like the Simpsons.

jooksavage wrote: »
    Ugh, me too. What the feck does she know anyway? We had to listen to that crap for 12 solid months and we brazened it out and had our tiny, "odd" wedding. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

I had an amazing small wedding abroad a few years ago and have zero regrets (plus a large mortgage deposit that I didn't spend on an overrated party!). Our experience was that everybody around us wished us well and were delighted for us.
    I've had plenty of people say to me afterwards that they wished they'd done it our way as they look back and feel the whole Irish wedding thing is a waste.
    I literally couldn't believe what I was hearing Barbara come out with!
    I think she might have some issues as I remember it being said before that she accidentally got pregnant at a young age and was a single mother for a long time. Maybe she just wants the fairytale for her daughter that she didn't have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Jasus that Irish Times "Generation Snowflake" journalist was very poor.

Couldn't string a sentence together.

Hunting gay ghosts and a pagan priest who wears horns, seems like they saved their wackiest guests for today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Again Esther made a mistake saying that the daughter in "Why Him?" was played by by newcomer actress Megan Mullahy when in fact it's Zoey Deutch, Megan played the mother!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Again Esther made a mistake saying that the daughter in "Why Him?" was played by by newcomer actress Megan Mullahy when in fact it's Zoey Deutch, Megan played the mother!

Yep, was mystified by that today. knew the name Megan Mullally from Parks and Rec and being married to Nick Offerman. Thought it was some actress with the same name. Ester seems like she googles reviews and repeats whatever she reads. I never trust her reviews on comedies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Vatican. Have an infrared camera. Called Lucifer!

Looks like we'll all have to go up the mountains in October.

It's been a good while since he's had one of those doomsday nutters on :D

Haven't heard Mairead Lavery on in a while.

If the JNLR's are in anyway accurate, he's lost nearly half his listeners in the last year, what a difference that hour makes, given the direction Newstalk is going in recent times he'll probably be replaced soon by some fella roaring incoherently at the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

If the JNLR's are in anyway accurate, he's lost nearly half his listeners in the last year, what a difference that hour makes, given the direction Newstalk is going in recent times he'll probably be replaced soon by some fella roaring incoherently at the wall.

Hook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭nc6000

I haven't listened to the show in ages. I used to switch to Newstalk at 12.00 and leave it on until switching back to TodayFM at 16.30 but now I don't even bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

this Batman lad is fantastic!

Advertisement