Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Moonie guy claimed his father was the Messiah and people are complaining about Sean's antagonism?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That came out later in the interview, from the very start Sean was out for blood.

It was bad radio, and Sean made it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭monstermag

normally on a shyte phone line, Sean wouldn't be arsed, but now where he's just arguing for the sake of it, he's keeping it going.

don't get me wrong, i think the moonie is nuts too, and i'd say the majority of people would agree. he's achieving absolutely nothing by keeping this call going.

Is Sean losing the plot? A few days ago he badgered an American ice skater . You could tell she felt uncomfortable with his line of questioning , l taught Sean was very condescending towards her.
    As for today l taught he was very aggressive with the Moonie guy. He may have been a bit of a nut job, but a pleasant enough nut job, who done well to keep his cool with Sean . A little manners go along way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

can't wait for all the "when's international men's day?" texts that he gets later.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

can't wait for all the "when's international men's day?" texts that he gets later.

Didn't hear any texts like that, they must have found out when it was international men's day.

The story of that exorcism, f*cking hell :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Didn't hear any texts like that, they must have found out when it was international men's day.

The story of that exorcism, f*cking hell :eek:

Richard Herring has been replying to loads of people on twitter telling them when it's on. he's gotten to them first!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The fella doing this piece on Tupac's car sounds eerily like David Carey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Speaking of whom, where is David Carey these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Utter nonsense. Another septic spouting pure bullshıt.

Ahhh ahhh ummm ahhh ehhhhh ehhhhh um um ahhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

For some reason or another, I havent managed to catch Mocrieff for a couple of months but have listened through twice in the last few days. The show has gone badly down hill.

Both days the program seemed to have tried to find the oddest, most unusual people possible for the sole purpose of having Sean condescend to them and have us laugh at their strangeness.

The show has historically always worked with fringe or unusal topics, but these were often interesting and treated with some care and insight. These days it's just a malicous approach to atypical individuals.

It's just horrible radio at this stage. These people are a bit odd, but they are mostly innocent in it, if a bit deluded. It's pretty wrong to just make these people an object of fun and derision and talk down to them, before wrapping the interview and reading the most snarky, wankery texts recieved.

Sean is coming across really badly recently. Arrogant and smug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I actually HATE that Esther one who does the movie “reviews” on Movies and Booze. Jesus she’s painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I actually HATE that Esther one who does the movie “reviews” on Movies and Booze. Jesus she’s painful.

All the movies she reviews she says they're shoite ... basically don't bother is her mantra
    So WTF would I like to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Did he not already interview a Klingon speaker recently?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

All the movies she reviews she says they're shoite ... basically don't bother is her mantra
    So WTF would I like to see!

That's not true, she regularly recommends good films.

Even today she was talking about Logan Lucky in very good terms, even though it wasn't the film being reviewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sean is coming across really badly recently. Arrogant and smug.

he's always been like that, he just lets his mask slip more often these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,342 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

CatFromHue wrote: »

Even today she was talking about Logan Lucky in very good terms, even though it wasn't the film being reviewed.

I'm surprised she has seen it as her most common refrain is "I haven't seen it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭siblers

She's awful. Her knowledge of film is incredibly basic and her reviewing ability is even worse. I don't even know if she fully understands what is going on in the more complex films she has to review.

Anytime someone texts in asking if she has seen or heard of "xx" or "yy" ,she hasn't a clue, she hasn't even heard of the majority of them, never mind having seen them.

It feels like she has no real interest or passion in cinema and I have no idea why anyone would give her opinion a second thought.

I also have no idea how she is making a wage as a film critic.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Sean has just told a lie. Somebody texted to say that Merkel admitted there were immigrant dominated no-go zones in Germany. Sean in his usual sneering manner said "no she didn't" (with the usual tone of "no you moron"). Meanwhile in the real world she actually said it in in an interview on N-TV on the 28th of February 2018.

In Sean's ideologically driven privileged media bubble the truth doesn't matter, only the message. That message sure is repeated ad nauseum. The real morons are any of the public who take the propaganda on board. Easy for Sean to talk the talk not walk the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The way he treats any texter or caller/guest who disagrees with him is pathetic.

He comes across so rude at times. Is he capable of engaging in a civil debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Funny, I didn't see any of the folks here raging against Monriefs "propaganda" taking issue with Hook's lack of partiality over on his thread. If you don't agree with Moncrief, fine, but stop pretending that impartiality is the issue here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

jooksavage wrote: »
    Funny, I didn't see any of the folks here raging against Monriefs "propaganda" taking issue with Hook's lack of partiality over on his thread. If you don't agree with Moncrief, fine, but stop pretending that impartiality is the issue here.

Look the SJW mob got what they wanted getting George out of his daily show for an opinion about having some personal responsibility for your safety but if you expect Sean not to be called out when he clearly says something incorrect on his show that’s not going to happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The way he treats any texter or caller/guest who disagrees with him is pathetic.

To be fair, a lot of people who send texts to his show are boring crybabies who constantly whinge about feminists and 'SJWs', and who think straight, white men are the most oppressed people in the world. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

To be fair, a lot of people who send texts to his show are boring crybabies who constantly whinge about feminists and 'SJWs', and who think straight, white men are the most oppressed people in the world. :(

When Hook tells a texter to "piss off" his cheerleaders are loving it. The same folks routinely accuse Moncrieff of being uncivil to contrary views. The actual problem is he's just mocking the wrong kind of snowflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

jooksavage wrote: »
    When Hook tells a texter to "piss off" his cheerleaders are loving it. The same folks routinely accuse Moncrieff of being uncivil to contrary views. The actual problem is he's just mocking the wrong kind of snowflakes.

Hook is irrelevant as he has been silenced by his PC enemies. Moncrieff regularly insults and patronises his listeners and it is considered no big deal as he has the "correct" opinions.

Was Hook as condesending to texters?

I didn't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Was Hook as condesending to texters?

I didn't think so.

no dont think so. unless your a cyclists:D:D:D
    george was outspoken but very fair

sean has really put me off newstalk . he seems to have a wierd way of twisting reality to his naritive. especially on femanist issues . he seems to follow the usuly twitter idiots view about it being mens fault. i cant listen to him anymore. i used to listen to him for years but gave up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

madmaggie wrote: »
    Anyone else listen to Sean Moncrieff in the afternoons? I couldn't take anymore Joe Duffy, the misery was wearing me down. I'm not decided if I like Sean's programme or not, but it's a change from the unrelenting tales of woe.
    Love him

I used to really like Sean , found him funny and witty in a sarcastic way .
    But he has become really narky lately and even downright rude. What’s his problem ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I used to really like Sean , found him funny and witty in a sarcastic way .
    But he has become really narky lately and even downright rude. What’s his problem ??

The way he responds to texts to anyone who disagrees with him and treats them like idiots is incredibly annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

quintana76 wrote: »
    Hook is irrelevant as he has been silenced by his PC enemies.

Could have sworn I heard him on the radio last Saturday.

Advertisement