Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I've just listened to the little David Carey piece on podcast. It was lovely to hear his voice again but also sad of course. Sean said they'll be rebroadcasting an extended interview he did with him a few Christmases ago.

I listened to that bit earlier and bawled. You could hear the genuine upset in Sean's voice. It was the same when Sean spoke about Paolo's death... I was in a state! I had my first child 5 months ago and I know the advice David gave over the years will ring in my ears as I raise my son. I am looking forward to hearing the tribute next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭chooey

I've just listened to the little David Carey piece on podcast. It was lovely to hear his voice again but also sad of course. Sean said they'll be rebroadcasting an extended interview he did with him a few Christmases ago.

me too. Had a little cry listening to it-such a lovely man. Will really miss his advice weekly. RIP David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Horse84

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Sean Moncreiff is a feminazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Horse84 wrote: »

Just came here to post this. The man is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Just came here to post this. The man is a disgrace.

To whom? I thought it was an erudite, timely, and good article.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wonderohwonder

Such a beautiful tribute to David Carey from Sean and his team. It had me blubbing on my flight home.

He seemed so genuine and kind hearted. Despite not having or even liking children he managed to make my favourite radio slot of the week. It was so informative.

It will be nice to hear more about his life on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He comes across so creepy at times.

Almost sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Such a shame to hear about David Carey, anytime I managed to catch him on the radio I was glued for some good advice. A decent man with a lot of common sense. As for Sean Men need to be saved from themselves really all Men, is that not like saying Muslims need to be saved from themselves when they stone women to death or what they do to Homosexuals in Islam or is that not a safe subject to write about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Moncreiff should be ashamed of himself. I've always hated him because of his smarmy, facetious tone. But I think I hate him more because he's jumping right on board with the men bashing. He should stand up for men for once, instead of allowing the media to focus on isolated incidents to paint us all with the one brush.

Is it THAT hard for the media to find positive stories about men, they have positive stories about women every day of the week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Very sad news, David Carey has passed away. Such a lovely, knowledgeable man.

Ah I'm very saddened by that.. loved listening to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is that available on the parenting podcast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Such a shame to hear about David Carey, anytime I managed to catch him on the radio I was glued for some good advice. A decent man with a lot of common sense. As for Sean Men need to be saved from themselves really all Men, is that not like saying Muslims need to be saved from themselves when they stone women to death or what they do to Homosexuals in Islam or is that not a safe subject to write about.

Effeminate types like Moncrief have a hard time understanding the sometimes destructive (and the flip-side, its creative) aspects of males with high, or normal, testosterone. - so its understandable why he'd write such navel-gazing drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

To whom? I thought it was an erudite, timely, and good article.

I think you need to look up the definition of the words erudite and good, neither of which could be applied to this cringe worthy virtue signalling nonsense.

It's an embrassing article. Moncrief and the IT should be ashamed of publishing such nonsense but it's pretty much standard for them at this point.

Articles like this prove exactly why allowing people a platform with very little critical ability is quite stupid. Anyone with half a brain can see what is going on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

VonZan wrote:
    Articles like this prove exactly why allowing people a platform with very little critical ability is quite stupid. Anyone with half a brain can see what is going on here.

Let me guess, you've half a brain?
    Sean has quite perceptive critical ability. I think that has always been obvious.

Let me guess, you've half a brain?
    Sean has quite perceptive critical ability. I think that has always been obvious.

It's obvious if you bare no critical ability yourself. It's a shocking piece of analysis. He's nothing more than a poor femanazi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

VonZan wrote:
    It's obvious if you bare no critical ability yourself. It's a shocking piece of analysis. He's nothing more than a poor femanazi.

Using terms like critical ability and then femanazi in the same statement is a bit of an oxymoron. Wouldn't you think?

Using terms like critical ability and then femanazi in the same statement is a bit of an oxymoron. Wouldn't you think?

No, not at all. Femanzi is an apt description in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Puke inducing bollocks. There is no point to this article.. There's barely even a point to it other then men are bad and have no role models. Who should be our role models then? Sean himself? He's proven himself to be a smarmy, judgemental git in recent times. This is barely Junior Cert level of writing and analysis.

The question is whether he actually believes the rubbish himself or is only virtue signalling amongst his right-on media buddies. I suspect the latter as he seems too intelligent in normal circumstances to easily fall for such an extremely partisan, discriminatory, man hating, poisonous version of feminism. So yes he is a feminazi but a cynical one. He is currying favour to gain kudos in certain exclusive media circles. Why he feels the need to do so is another question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Yeah. Feckin' Sean and his awareness of issues that may affect more than 50% of the population and his exploration of issues that may relate to a significant number of men.

Feckin' girly feminazi. If only he was a manly man with sufficient manly levels of manly testosterone, rather than the effeminate snowflake he so obviously is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Click baity article with a title very obviously designed to get the "hurr durr feminazis" brigade to angrily click on it. Good job ye all see through the system and haven't been duped! Better keep reading and sharing those articles in case the feminist-industrial complex tries to get anything past ye.

It's pretty funny to watch the frothing rage, such testosterone, so masculine, wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's pretty funny to watch the frothing rage, such testosterone, so masculine, wow.

I think you are confusing rage with contempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

quintana76 wrote: »
    The question is whether he actually believes the rubbish himself or is only virtue signalling amongst his right-on media buddies. I suspect the latter as he seems too intelligent in normal circumstances to easily fall for such an extremely partisan, discriminatory, man hating, poisonous version of feminism. So yes he is a feminazi but a cynical one. He is currying favour to gain kudos in certain exclusive media circles. Why he feels the need to do so is another question.

Somebody on another thread said he shacked up with his former producer who is a lot younger than him so maybe that’s the answer to your question. To keep on her good side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

you'd think that he'd have a gander at his own show for a sec. he's had an excellent foodie who passed away, and then an excellent child psychologist who passed away. i'd put both of them down as pretty good role models.

if you try to cook the way Paolo Tullio talked about, or tried to parent the way David Carey talked about, you'd have a pretty good head start. the lasagne might take 3 hours to cook from scratch, but at least if you make carbonara, you won't be dicking about looking for cream, and it'll taste good. i'm not sure about others, but i'd have held both of those men in high esteem.

how the hell he equated brexit with a story on male dominance or lack thereof is beyond me though. having worked for years in UKIP territory, that was just about racism, no matter how they tried to dress it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Click baity article with a title very obviously designed to get the "hurr durr feminazis" brigade to angrily click on it. Good job ye all see through the system and haven't been duped! Better keep reading and sharing those articles in case the feminist-industrial complex tries to get anything past ye.

I don't agree with the article as I think that male role models in the media have little bearing on our lives growing up in comparison to the real life role models we have and none as we reach maturity. The notion put forward that male role models are essentially McGregor or nothing is a bit laughable as well. Also, I don't know anyone that doesn't think that McGregor was anything but an absolute penis after that incident in New York - it's a hardly a move that's been celebrated by anybody. I think it's an badly thought out and ill-conceived article.

The 'argh feminazis' reaction is an absolute joke from Men's Rights Don Quixotes tilting at feminist windmills and gets pretty tiresome to read the same points being constantly trotted out on these forums. Women are emasculating you and you're not feeling the love anymore - we get it.

Equally annoying though is that 'such testosterone, so masculine, wow' reaction just to get a rise out of them and to paint the notion that, by virtue of being male, we can all be lumped into the one homogeneous to be sneered at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Didn't realise David Carey died, he was great, I really liked his segment. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Equally annoying though is that 'such testosterone, so masculine, wow' reaction just to get a rise out of them and to paint the notion that, by virtue of being male, we can all be lumped into the one homogeneous to be sneered at.

I'm not lumping ye all together. There was a post saying Sean's effeminate, therefore obviously lacking in testosterone and can't understand the awesome macho power of men with lots of the stuff. I'm assuming you don't fetishise testosterone, so I'm not sneering at you, but ridicule is the only appropriate response to that craic, it's hilarious.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

They're still doing that so you think you're an adult rubbish, they should have thrown it on the scrap heap a long time ago.

• Advertisement

They're still doing that so you think you're an adult rubbish, they should have thrown it on the scrap heap a long time ago.

Am under the impression it fits in somehow with his right on "caring" agenda as when he always takes the most extreme feminist side on gender issues. It begs the question, yet again, who is he trying to impress?

Advertisement