Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Don't kill me....................BUT, i was getting a little bored with the slot. It was the same topics over and over again

His voice is so crumbly it makes me want to sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Lapin wrote: »
    Why doesn't he discuss spirits?

I'd love to see them do a segment on the top shelf, even if it was only a few times a year.

It's getting a bit boring and repetitive with the beers and wines week after week.

Back in the days before the text number became a premium service, I once texted in and suggested they hold a once off booze slot catering to the winos,students and 'the unwaged' that I suspect make up a significant chunk of his listenership.The afternoon could be spent sampling the delights of linden village,Galahad lager,tennents super,white lightening cider,mad dog 20/20(a childhood favourite of mine) and other well established tramp refreshments.
    The idea went down like a lead balloon with Sean,who made the valid point that he gets paid to drink the 'expensive stuff' so why would he be inclined to drink a cheaper drink.Fair point from Sean,but I still think its a good idea,and potentially very entertaining.
    Better again, do it as a live show, preferably in a park,beside a canal or inside a burnt out gaf.

PS.Hopefully paoulo is back to himself as soon as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

No Paulo again............is that 5 or 6 weeks ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The current guest has surely set a record for the number of "That's an excellent question Sean" that she has said during the interview. I've counted 3 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

No Paulo again............is that 5 or 6 weeks ???

I dont think his article was in the Irish Independent on Saturday either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Thought it was brilliant today when he had that politician/chancer on and he said 'I don't claim to be perfect like you, Sean' and Sean replied 'No, everywhere I go everyone tells I'm perfect'

I dont think his article was in the Irish Independent on Saturday either.

I wouldn't read that rag so i wouldn't notice:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I hato to admit I was wrong, but I was so wrong about Seán Moncrieff.

He comes across as a bit self-satisfied at first, and prejudiced against opinions that contradict his own instincts. In fact, there's probably still some truth in that impression. But he is a good interviewer, and he does have some mightily interesting topics.

I only switched over to avoid Ray Darcy, but I'm sorry I didn't turn the dial sooner. I like the feature involving world news,. Irish radio has a bad habit of ignoring any world news that isn't front page of the BBC.

Time for my weekly no Paulo post !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I really like listening to Sean M. He comes across really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

At that hour of the day the competition keeps him on his toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wish I could have a weekly 'no Esther McCarthy' post. Although, since they dropped the 'Henry's Ma and two other women' bit, the movies and booze slot is the only bit I automatically zone out. I have to ask though, if NT has access to Philip Molloy, how does that other joke of a critic get the gig on a Friday?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think Paulo is ill tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭robbe

Found it strange though that Paolo hasn't even been namechecked recently....for instance in yesterdays segment with Rossisface they were on about a few things that Paolo banged on about ad infinitum....the perfect carbonara/salt in water when cooking pasta etc....not a mention of the man. As if he has been written out of history. Anyway whatever the issue hope he is well and for all the repetition I did like his slot

endacl wrote: »
    Wish I could have a weekly 'no Esther McCarthy' post. Although, since they dropped the 'Henry's Ma and two other women' bit, the movies and booze slot is the only bit I automatically zone out. I have to ask though, if NT has access to Philip Molloy, how does that other joke of a critic get the gig on a Friday?

Because its all a bit of fun, Philip Molloy is so far up his own @rse that he lives up there at this stage.

His own show is just one long script and you can tell when he's "reviewing" a film. He just reads the script, no emotion at all.

I have no major love for Esther either but its a bit of fun on a Friday afternoon !

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mickser42

no mention of paolo tullio again ... missing his spot ... any idea on whats going on

Mick

mickser42 wrote: »
    no mention of paolo tullio again ... missing his spot ... any idea on whats going on

Mick

How dare you post my weekly post:mad::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭worded

Excellent witty presenter.

If he got the late late show spot I'd watch it again after tuning out several years ago.

A breath of fresh air, real talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Glebee

worded wrote: »
    Excellent witty presenter.

If he got the late late show spot I'd watch it again after tuning out several years ago.

A breath of fresh air, real talent

Is that you Sean:)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mickser42

How dare you post my weekly post:mad::D

sorry ... it is very odd all the same how his name is not even mentioned

• Advertisement

Did you listen the day he was hammered/sick ( i fall on the hammered side ) ?

If he is sick perhaps he wants it kept private which is entitled to and if he was hammered i can't see them shouting it from the roof tops.

Either way i was getting a little bored with him as he just kept going back to the same subjects - no cream in carbonarra, his pizza oven in the garden, you must soak lasagne sheets before you cook them...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It's mentioned here every week...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I completely missed the interview with that Mafia fella the first time

Jaysus....

Once again Henry's been going through After Hours to get topics for his vox pop.

9 minutes people.................

No Paulo ( sorry but no one was beating me this week:D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I have to admit to not being the biggest Paulo Tulio fan as I find him complacent and stale in that slot, but he's infinitely better than that giggling ninny they had on today, :mad: He's an unbareable showoff.

The review of John Wick was f*cking hilarious, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best reviews are when the reviewer is describing some awful sh1te and Sean is taking the piss out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Jesus...that Henry McKean vox pop on right now is a bit heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Jesus...that Henry McKean vox pop on right now is a bit heavy.

McKean must know every homeless person in Dublin by now!

Advertisement