Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

that was nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

2smiggy wrote: »
    that was nice
    It was.

He'll be missed, not least by all Sean, Esther et al I'm sure. He was quite the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

He was so good humoured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Tomás seemed like a decent bloke and didn't take himself too seriously (as some of the foodies and wine experts tend to).

His death was obviously sudden as it doesn't seem like that long ago that I heard him on movies and booze.

Sean said the other day that he had been sick and seemed to have recovered, and yes it sounded from the way he said it that it was quite sudden and a shock to them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭styron

Tributes paid to Tomás (Business Post).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

I always loved listening to Tomás on TMS. Sad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Tom Dunne started today with 3 clips, a woman laughing hysterically after arriving at school and realising she had left her children at home, a Paul Reynolds news clip about 2 lads jailed for driving their boat on the Liffey under the influence he thought was hilarious and then a clip of Sasha Baron Cohen infiltrating rednecks singing a song that sounded like just an old country song.
    Maybe funny on TV but maybe not Radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Historybluff

Tom Dunne started today with 3 clips, a woman laughing hysterically after arriving at school and realising she had left her children at home, a Paul Reynolds news clip about 2 lads jailed for driving their boat on the Liffey under the influence he thought was hilarious and then a clip of Sasha Baron Cohen infiltrating rednecks singing a song that sounded like just an old country song.
    Maybe funny on TV but maybe not Radio?

I agree. Clips on the radio where people are laughing hysterically annoy me. There was another one today, just now, where an Irish Mammy was having difficulty with Amazon Alexa and some guy was busting his hole laughing at her. Maybe if I saw the footage, I might laugh.

Regarding that woman you mentioned, at a deeper level I found it worrying. Why did she record that clip? She did something embarrassing and her first thought was to whip out her phone and record herself laughing hysterically while trying to explain it. With cameras on phones, I fear lots of people have become narcissistic and have lost a sense of shame or embarrassment.

Anyone listening to Moncrief?

Some child psychologist on.

I can tell you Mrs, 30 years ago kissing at 9 was perfectly normal and common.

Where I'm from anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Anyone listening to Moncrief?

Some child psychologist on.

I can tell you Mrs, 30 years ago kissing at 9 was perfectly normal and common.

Where I'm from anyway.

The traveller community?

The traveller community?

No, just normal rural Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I don’t think I could trust something like that with my “Johnson”.

Imagine it “malfunctioned”, sucked out the middle bit, and the head, and left you having to fasten the loose skin with a jubilee clip?

You’d be stuck having to empty a weird “schlong balloon” every few hours. Would probably have to sit while doing it, otherwise it would just drench your shoes and trousers.

No, thank you.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Manuel

The "Relationships" section recently was hilarious, where Sean reads a few texts and the panel discuss. Panty Bliss is one of the guests I think.

Does anyone know what time of the week that is? I want to listen back.

Thanks.

<Edit> Found it: Monday 27th July. Starts at 00:42:00. Highly recommended :-) ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Allinall

Moncrieff has Susie Dent from Countdown on today.

Makes for fascinating listening.

She has a huge knowledge of language and words. Could listen to her for hours.

Allinall wrote: »
    Moncrieff has Susie Dent from Countdown on today.

Makes for fascinating listening.

She has a huge knowledge of language and words. Could listen to her for hours.

Not tuned in today, but I'll definitely go looking for that later - she's brilliant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

No, just normal rural Ireland.

Kissing before your married is still a crime out there.

Manuel wrote: »
    The "Relationships" section recently was hilarious, where Sean reads a few texts and the panel discuss. Panty Bliss is one of the guests I think.

Thanks.

<Edit> Found it: Monday 27th July. Starts at 00:42:00. Highly recommended :-) ...

Shirley Temple Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭4Ad

Manuel wrote: »

Thanks.

'So You think You re An Adult' can be very funny alright..

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Not tuned in today, but I'll definitely go looking for that later - she's brilliant!!

She was great, so intelligent...
    Seemingly Sean is a bit of a Nazi !!

Very irritating Scottish woman going on at length about the new Scottish free tampon plan periods and hoping this will encourage men to discuss periods with their wifes, girlfriends, female family members and work colleagues(!) Theres a good reason for looking to get a HR complaint for asking Mary in accounts how her periods are generally and would she like to discuss them.

Is it not a bit creepy for the mother to be reading her 12 year olds texts?

This 'expert' sounds like a quack to be honest.

Very irritating Scottish woman going on at length about the new Scottish free tampon plan periods and hoping this will encourage men to discuss periods with their wifes, girlfriends, female family members and work colleagues(!) Theres a good reason for looking to get a HR complaint for asking Mary in accounts how her periods are generally and would she like to discuss them.

I could of listened to her all day, loved the accent !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

What was that tv show they were JUST talking back? Wanna check it out.
    They are talking about Dave Chapelles new show now, for a time stamp if that helps

EDIT: Called 'We are who we are'.

What was that tv show they were JUST talking back? Wanna check it out.
    They are talking about Dave Chapelles new show now, for a time stamp if that helps

Dunno, but I also missed the intro and want to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Dunno, but I also missed the intro and want to know!

Its called 'We are who we are'.

I hate when presenters introduce the name of a show, talk about it for 10 mins, then dont say the name again and move on.

Had to dig up this thread.

Today, Sean was interviewing this Human Rights Activist speaking up for 30 detainees, who haven't been charged with anything in Guantanamo Bay.

I learned Biden wants to close the place.

But mainly, Sean was giving the interviewee a fairly easy time: All listeners should be persuaded.

I preferred to switch off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

He got all woke and prickly over opinions that differed from his own on Fairytale of NY a week or so ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

He got all woke and prickly over opinions that differed from his own on Fairytale of NY a week or so ago.

Got a little bothered there over texts about the new hate speech legislation.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement