Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 tips?

Options
  • 27-03-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey,
    So I play Fifa 14 on pro at the moment, I find it very frustrating for a few reasons.
    Every shot the computer gets on target seems to go in despite me dominating the matches.
    Almost all of my shots and passes get blocked and intercepted or saved.
    I'm finding it very hard to create any space to play in, semi pro is to easy so any tips?

Please :p

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hit R1 / RB for finesse finishes.

L1 / LB while you are passing to do one-two moves.

Know your players weak and strong feet.

You'll want to limit the amount of shots you let the CPU get - your defending is the problem not the keeper. I often enough beat teams with 0 shots against me.

Change the tactics of your team (not just the formation). For example you can make them more fluid so they'll run about more, or more rigid so they stay in position. You can change the tempo, the defensive tactic (sit deep or offside trap), how aggressively your players should work to get the ball back etc.

If you find that teams are overpowering you then put on two fast forwards and set yourself up to be counter attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tazmission

Hey,
    So I play Fifa 14 on pro at the moment, I find it very frustrating for a few reasons.
    Every shot the computer gets on target seems to go in despite me dominating the matches.
    Almost all of my shots and passes get blocked and intercepted or saved.
    I'm finding it very hard to create any space to play in, semi pro is to easy so any tips?

Please :p
    one of the best tips is , slow down !
    in fifa 14 , only use sprint when you have lots of space with a speedster.
    another quick tip that works online or vs cpu is say you are going down the wing at edge of opponents box, just press L1 nothing else , the oposing player's momentum will take him completely out of the game .
    when shooting shoot across keeper , finesse in the box when keeper is rushing out, long shots : press shoot and hold left stick forward.
    press L2 when heading and hold shoot button for split second when ball is coming into the box , then tap again.
    Also the skill games helps a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

awec wrote: »
    Change the tactics of your team (not just the formation). For example you can make them more fluid so they'll run about more, or more rigid so they stay in position. You can change the tempo, the defensive tactic (sit deep or offside trap), how aggressively your players should work to get the ball back etc

This is key - setting the agression level high turned me from a frustrated serial loser to a consistent winner. Played PES for years and took a while to get used to FIFA. Couldn't figure out why I was losing so many matches with so few shows even though I was dominating possesion.

Setting the agression level at 70+ turned my team into a hungry to win, challenging and tackling like it matters. Chance creation increased also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Keyzer wrote: »
    This is key - setting the agression level high turned me from a frustrated serial loser to a consistent winner. Played PES for years and took a while to get used to FIFA. Couldn't figure out why I was losing so many matches with so few shows even though I was dominating possesion.

Setting the agression level at 70+ turned my team into a hungry to win, challenging and tackling like it matters. Chance creation increased also.

How do you turn up the aggression level?

How do you turn up the aggression level?

The menu where you select your lineup and change formation has an option below called "Quick tactics" or something. In there you can create a new "quick tactic" by defining things like aggression.

Then it's available on the down button on the D-Pad during the game (like where you can currently choose Counter Attacking, High Pressure etc).

Got to balance it out though, if you tell your team to play at a really high tempo and close down really quick etc they'll be wrecked at the end of every game.

• Advertisement

That just shows how much they ruined the short/running game when upping the pressure amounts to getting 10 times the amount of tackles.

There is at least ONE downfall to using high pressure in that it'll leave you a tad more open for LB + Y balls, but you can't afford to use low pressure tactics any more.

There was ways to beat all tactics in previous additions if you were a good player, now using high defence means even a good player has less options on offer since you can't work any space with ball at feet and you're forced into some obvious passes.

My best advice for FIFA 14.... is to wait for FIFA 15(or PES which I'm considering after this years effort) as 14 is the worst FIFA since pre PS3(FIFA 08).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 tazmission

That just shows how much they ruined the short/running game when upping the pressure amounts to getting 10 times the amount of tackles.

There is at least ONE downfall to using high pressure in that it'll leave you a tad more open for LB + Y balls, but you can't afford to use low pressure tactics any more.

There was ways to beat all tactics in previous additions if you were a good player, now using high defence means even a good player has less options on offer since you can't work any space with ball at feet and you're forced into some obvious passes.

My best advice for FIFA 14.... is to wait for FIFA 15(or PES which I'm considering after this years effort) as 14 is the worst FIFA since pre PS3(FIFA 08).
    I agree , pes next gen sounds promising , they will have a similar option to compete with ultimate team.
    ea are a joke , too many glitches , too many crashes .
    They are so lazy , because of no competition .
    Hopefully pes with get back to the top this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

I too play at this level as i feel semi pro and amature are too easy. I use fast wingers such as Bakkali, Navas, Young. and strikers who are good in the air such as Giroud, Negredo and Andy Carrol. I cross the ball alot to these as defence's just cannot handle the strenght these players offer. I also have defenders with good strenght and heading Ryan Shawcross and Gary Cahill are too good examples. They will also get plenty of goals from corners through out your career mode. Choose wisely with your goal keeper its on mistake i always make and i haven't found one to settle with yet. anyways hope this helps.

It has always been the case with FIFA that pace (acceleration and sprint speed) is more important in attacking players than any other attribute.

They always say they've fixed it - they never have.

Advertisement