Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Tattoos

• 27-03-2014 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Anybody have any football tattoos ? If so please share if you like , also what are peoples opinions on them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Most football related tattoo's are terrible imo not all though.

Just the majority you seem to see are a clubs football crest and one which has been done by a poor artist.

But then again there are ones like this which are fantastic. So much like any other tattoo it all depends on the idea and the artist you get to do it.

540918_464504693610913_823707798_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd love to get a tattoo and the only thing I can ever see being constant in my life apart from family and friends is football.

I'm female though so that rules out majority of your football tattoos. Could be a challenge for a tattoo artist out there to make a nice feminine football tattoo! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

If it's done well then they can be a great looking tattoo. Possibly a different type of football than you're talking about but this one for example is stunning.

e3ueVqxl.jpgqBGMMbRl.jpg

VbtuOm6l.jpgu2ixdRpl.jpgMqiySH4l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

There not for everyone. I wanted to get a liverpol one done for ages and kept changing my mind on what i exactly wanted. An oportunity came up a few years ago to get one done pretty cheap by a friend of a friend so i bit the bullet and went for it.
    I opted for plain and simple. Just wanted the liverbird, YNWA and the 5 stars. I contemplated getting more done to it but when he did up the rough drawing i liked it as it was.
    Looks huge in the pic but its pretty small. I was gonna get it done on my chest but felt it was a bit tacky for me and went for the shoulder blade. Ive since grown a pair of man t!ts so thank god i changed my mind.
    Here it is. Looks a bit faded in the pic but its still pretty bright. Im happy with it anyway. Like i said tho. Their not for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

.red. wrote: »
    There not for everyone. I wanted to get a liverpol one done for ages and kept changing my mind on what i exactly wanted. An oportunity came up a few years ago to get one done pretty cheap by a friend of a friend so i bit the bullet and went for it.
    I opted for plain and simple. Just wanted the liverbird, YNWA and the 5 stars. I contemplated getting more done to it but when he did up the rough drawing i liked it as it was.
    Looks huge in the pic but its pretty small. I was gonna get it done on my chest but felt it was a bit tacky for me and went for the shoulder blade. Ive since grown a pair of man t!ts so thank god i changed my mind.
    Here it is. Looks a bit faded in the pic but its still pretty bright. Im happy with it anyway. Like i said tho. Their not for everyone.

:eek: Was that done in a studio or a house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

:eek: Was that done in a studio or a house?
    Ha ha in a house.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'd love to get a tattoo and the only thing I can ever see being constant in my life apart from family and friends is football.

I'm female though so that rules out majority of your football tattoos. Could be a challenge for a tattoo artist out there to make a nice feminine football tattoo! :D

I'm sure it's a challenge a lot of them approached with the right idea would relish.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Spudy67

ConorD21 wrote: »
    Anybody have any football tattoos ? If so please share if you like , also what are peoples opinions on them?

If you search on FB or the net in general you will find the ultras in Greece, Italy and eastern Europe will have large extravagant tattoos done. I've 24 tattoos covering most of my upper body but none are football related. Just don't want to get a tacky one. Gonna wait it out until the right one stands out at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Anybody have any pictures of good arsenal tattoos or sleeves?

Google is your mate there :-)

• Advertisement

Find the the style you want, then the artist then use your imagination and go to an artist with a rough idea is your best bet.

Fellow Gunner I like it :).
    Spudy67 wrote: »
    Google is your mate there :-)

Google more often then not will throw up terrible tattoos.

Been on google alot nothing amazing there , that liverpool sleeve Marty McFly posted is the best football tattoo ive ever seen love if there was an arsenal version only seen 1 which is like an upper arm piece of highbury

Find the the style you want, then the artist then use your imagination and go to an artist with a rough idea is your best bet.

Fellow Gunner I like it :).

Google more often then not will throw up terrible tattoos.

Agreed but if ye put specifics in like "arsenal sleeve tattoos" it may help. Just an idea. ;-)

P_1 wrote: »
    If it's done well then they can be a great looking tattoo. Possibly a different type of football than you're talking about but this one for example is stunning.

I've had a discussion with JaMarcus about that artist and he sent me links of soccer pics that Nicolle did. They were of players and I could not commit to a player tattoo!

That's the style I'd love to get done.
    I'm sure it's a challenge a lot of them approached with the right idea would relish.

You really think so? I'm off to L.A. for the summer (coaching soccer, go figure!) so maybe I could get an artist to do it over there. I've got no "artistry" in me so don't even know how to begin to think up the right idea for me.

Did a google search of "female soccer tattoos" (some of ye lads might like the results ;)) and I could only see two and I really dislike both of them.

7b7ce3369d90562031bdd8f9b8b51a69.jpg

2f254aa3f203edf8ea99976bcd7bdd85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

My one :)

This is it freshly done - my first tattoo. Have it about 4 years I think - I was a bit nervous about getting it so I said "right when we win the next trophy I'll do it to celebrate" ... yeah, got bored of waiting :o

It blends in really well with the Sherlock one on my calf imo - my tattoos are brilliantly placed I think, if I could only change my face I'd get any man :P :pac:

Edit - it's on my lower back to the left, not a tramp stamp!!

36008_1150814826116_6528170_n.jpg

That's actually nice Maire! Arsenal have a nice emblem. The devil in the United one looks tacky and we don't have any particular along either.

That's actually nice Maire! Arsenal have a nice emblem. The devil in the United one looks tacky and we don't have any particular along either.

Yeah, I got the "proper" cannon as I call it. Not too into the newer cartoon version.

I was in Budapest a few weeks ago and I saw a guy with the Man Utd crest tattooed on his calf - the shape just doesn't work for me and I'm not a huge fan of the Red Devil either.

I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you will come up with something. Are you set on a picture or will you get writing? A lot of Gooners have Victoria Concordia Crescit

Writing is nice but if I could get something based around a football, that'd be great.

I saw a fella in college with the same tattoo as below but on the inside of his forearm. It was nice but definitely too manly.
    MUFC__6657534600824.jpg

I was thinking that the United crest might look good in the Florian Nicolle style though but I would still be wary of committing to a crest and if I've got any sort of doubt then it's not worth doing it.

Writing is nice but if I could get something based around a football, that'd be great.

I saw a fella in college with the same tattoo as below but on the inside of his forearm. It was nice but definitely too manly.
    MUFC__6657534600824.jpg

I was thinking that the United crest might look good in the Florian Nicolle style though but I would still be wary of committing to a crest and if I've got any sort of doubt then it's not worth doing it.

Do Man Utd have older crests you could work from? A friend of mine has this, and seen a few more Gooners with it, an older Arsenal crest.

Arsenal_FC_1930s_crest_6247243573429.jpg

Sure you will think of something you'll be happy with :)

You really think so? I'm off to L.A. for the summer (coaching soccer, go figure!) so maybe I could get an artist to do it over there. I've got no "artistry" in me so don't even know how to begin to think up the right idea for me.

Certainly if you find an artist whose style you like and give them an idea they can work with they will be more than happy to help out. I've none myself really but can get down basic ideas for what I want then I usually go to an artist I've carefully selected trust them to do there thing with the idea concept, artwork I bring them.

There are some terrific artists in California Nikko Hurtado and Roman Abrego automatically come to mind.

But as you said unless you're 100% percent sure don't go for it. Most people are very hesitant upon getting there first tattoo and once they do most also fall in love with it.

For me I can't get enough of it not only for myself but also for lookingat the works artists put out there are some tremendous artists there sadly there is also a lot of conmen.

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Do Man Utd have older crests you could work from? A friend of mine has this, and seen a few more Gooners with it, an older Arsenal crest.

The old United ones are worse than the new ones!
    Certainly if you find an artist whose style you like and give them an idea they can work with they will be more than happy to help out. I've none myself really but can get down basic ideas for what I want then I usually go to an artist I've carefully selected trust them to do there thing with the idea concept, artwork I bring them.

There are some terrific artists in California Nikko Hurtado and Roman Abrego automatically come to mind.

But as you said unless you're 100% percent sure don't go for it. Most people are very hesitant upon getting there first tattoo and once they do most also fall in love with it.

For me I can't get enough of it not only for myself but also for lookingat the works artists put out there are some tremendous artists there sadly there is also a lot of conmen.

I'll research the artists before I get over there. I'd definitely like to go the same style as JaMarcus. That much is for sure so I guess that's a start! :)

how about a stadium tattoo? with some script below it or M.U.F.C or something worked into it etc.

For the O.P if you do love that sleeve used that concept work in famous Arsenal players, Crest, stadium etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

What about something for the flowers of Manchester? I'm sure a good artist could turn that into a nice piece.

Nah i wouldn't get players or stadium tattooed on me , just the crest and things associated with arsenal like the cannon and victoria concordia crescit etc.

Advertisement