Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody looking for regional work - Orange, NSW

Options
  • 27-03-2014 4:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

Got chatting to an Aussie guy I know today and he was saying that he was offered good work in Orange, NSW putting up netting over crops to protect them from hail. He can't take it as he has other work on but I said I'd pass the word along.

The company is called NetPro and I'm guessing its this website or at least something very similar.

From what I can gather is it will be quite physical work but should be good enough money. Orange, is as far as I'm aware in the regional postcode list for 2WHV.

I've got the guys phone number I was talking to today, so for anyone in Oz/NSW you can call him direct. Just PM me and I can give you his number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Only trick with Orange is securing cheap accommodation, it's not exactly a backpacker hostel type town and the cheap rooms are booked up with miners. I have even struggled to get $100+ a night motel room unless I booked in advance been caught out a few times where I needed to stay over and had to stay in Bathurst instead.

If you book in advance as a long term digs you should be ok, but your competing with gold miners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Thats a good point. I don't know too much about it. I spoke to the guy at the BMX shop for a few minutes before he had to go. With some luck, there might be accommodation provided?

Advertisement