Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to live in castlebar

Options
  • 27-03-2014 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

I am moving to castlebar,where is a good place to live. Any places to avoid. Where do the students live and the noisey crowd. Quiet spot would be nice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87502715

this thread from 4 months ago would be worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭raher1

irishgeo wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87502715

this thread from 4 months ago would be worth reading.
    Thank you,that thread was very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

The students live in two places nephin halls which is above hopkins road so no houses around there and hawthorn village which is outside town so they wont be a bother anywhere. I think the oaks is the best place and the worst probably rowan drive

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭raher1

I left castlebar cause I found it terrible. Full of narrow minded people who in one or another are related to each other or a member of golf club. If you get a job in castlebar I would commute if possible or live in claremorris or Westport. That's my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

raher1 wrote: »
    I left castlebar cause I found it terrible. Full of narrow minded people who in one or another are related to each other or a member of golf club. If you get a job in castlebar I would commute if possible or live in claremorris or Westport. That's my experience.

I would agree with Westport, but Claremorris is a far worse of a place to live than Castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Xenji wrote: »
    I would agree with Westport, but Claremorris is a far worse of a place to live than Castlebar.

I have to say that underneath all the fakery Westport is actually not a great place. Rent is mental and the people living in certain surrounding estates are quite unfriendly to put it mildly.

I lived in Lakeview out the Rathbawn rd in Castlebar for about 6 years and found it a lovely spot. Its just far enough out to be quite but still convenient. Friendly neighbours and a lot of owner occupiers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement