Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky eye up the All Ireland championship matches?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

"SKY deal is to help the diaspora"

The Irish in the UK have had access through Pay TV with Premier Sports,They covered a live game every week plus re-runs of The Sunday Game,It was a decent service if you couldnt make it to an Irish pub who had a Irish Sky box.

Now PS was 10 quid a month with a minimum 2 month contract,So it was a decent offer.

Now SKY in the UK this year will have 20 games
    Prem Sports will continue to show 26 championship games + 30 league games + Semi's & Finals of Club Champ

Sky Sports are in approx. 3 million houses in the UK,Now there are alot of SKY packages that give you access to Sky Sports 1 but not the rest,Since the GAA will be shown on SS3 it's unclear how many will have access.

If the GAA really wanted to make the games accessible to the diaspora why not deal with a digital free to air channel in the UK which would reach every one of the 22 million homes in the UK - Now thats access

The deal with Channel 7 in Australia is a good deal,It will show all 45 televised games free to air.Now that deal works well as it's a minimum risk for C7 as games will be on eithir late at night or early morning - 10/10 for the GAA here in all fairness-Super deal

Hopefully something could be arranged for the U.S market in the future

The GAA have also done a deal with RTE digital to stream all RTE games online available all around the world for a small fee - Again this is a great deal for Irish who are in more unusual parts of the globe and people on the move constantly

"They could not turn down that kinda money !"

GAA Director General Páraic Duffy
    "The financial benefit to the GAA from the new broadcast contracts compared to the previous ones is marginal."

Now what is "marginal" ?

The figure being bandied about is €1.5 million more than what TV3 were offering

Now i would think 1.5 mil is a very small amount of money to be giving to block access to 14 championship games in Ireland.

Considering Mr.Brooks & One Direction are giving Croker €700k a night for use of the stadium.

The GAA can Become a worldwide sport

Ok,We all love our games and Hurling IMO is the best game in the world followed closely in 2nd by Football.

But i have lived abroad and introduced many people to our games and they enjoyed maybe watching a game but that's about it....same as i was when introduced to Aussie Rules,Cricket,Shinty,Basketball etc.

American Football,Australian Rules have all made plays to get traction outside of their indigenous areas and only garner small success.

If we can't get young lads and lassies in Cavan,Mayo and Monaghan to pick up Hurling what makes us think a prominent number will in Yorkshire or Utah?

I can see a number of casual sports fans watching an All-Ireland Final but not an Ulster QF between Fermanagh v Antrim with 8,000 people in 20k capacity stadium,Rain,wind and the score is 0 - 11 to 0-09,We would barely watch that never mind new fans.

It think it's a good idea to showcase our games worldwide but we should not expect to see overseas GAA clubs bursting at the seams.

It's obvious McKenna,Duffy & Co. wanted SKY for the marketing.

They want people to watch the ad's and the promo's and then head to the match instead.

That is OK but could they not just hire a marketing company to do that instead?

Is the 1.5 mill so important to get into bed with Murdoch?

Why take 14 games away from the rural areas of Ireland,The elderly,The poor and the young? Is the 1.5 mill enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Oh dear!! Sky think mayo are all ireland champions. Not a good start.
    http://balls.ie/gaa/sky-sports-news-gaa-coverage-got-terrible-start/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Prop Joe wrote: »
    "SKY deal is to help the diaspora"

If the GAA really wanted to make the games accessible to the diaspora why not deal with a digital free to air channel in the UK which would reach every one of the 22 million homes in the UK - Now thats access

Do you know some free to air channel which expressed an interest in having GAA on their schedules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Looking forward to seeing what sky can offer. Will be interesting to see their analysis and recruitment of staff to cover the games. Can only be good for the game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Those 14 games probably wouldn't have even been shown on TV anyway. Rte have the same amount of games that they had last year. This hopefully will light a fight under them and force them to improve their offering. People as also allowed to go to games aswell as sitting on their arse at home.
    Upto the last 20 years their was only 6 games per year guaranteed, people didn't seem to have a problem then.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Those 14 games probably wouldn't have even been shown on TV anyway. Rte have the same amount of games that they had last year. This hopefully will light a fight under them and force them to improve their offering. People as also allowed to go to games aswell as sitting on their arse at home.
    Upto the last 20 years their was only 6 games per year guaranteed, people didn't seem to have a problem then.

I think the 2 All-Ireland quarter finals just might have been.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Listing more GAA games, as a lot of people would seem to want to happen, would be very counterproductive from the GAA's point of view as it would cause the value of the rights to collapse as RTE would be the only eligible broadcaster with the resources to cover the Championships properly. Now TV3 may be okay at covering single games but they simply don't have the resources to be at every Championship ground on a Sunday (and moreover may not even be in business in twelve months time once they lose their ITV affiliation in January).

Once RTE knew it was going to be the only bidder for the GAA rights it would be in a position to name it's price. And it is cash strapped at present.

Incidentally the GAA seem to be fairly upset at RTE over its coverage over the last 24 hours which won't help it's case next time around. But as I say RTE stand the most to gain from more games being listed.

http://m.rte.ie/sport/touch/gaa/2014/0402/606267-gaa-rte/

Weren't those 14 games on tv3 though?

As for people going to games, your people "sitting on their arse" comment, I think it's ridiculous.

Many people such as some of the elderly can't attend these games so watching on tv is the only real option for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Disastrous move by the GAA, throw em a few pound extra and their eyes were bulging.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Weren't those 14 games on tv3 though?

As for people going to games, your people "sitting on their arse" comment, I think it's ridiculous.

Many people such as some of the elderly can't attend these games so watching on tv is the only real option for them.

Unless they have to be in bed very early they can see the highlights on Sunday night. I presume RTE will be able to show highlights footage from all of the games. This is how I will be watching anyway as I plan to be at as many games as I can get to on the Saturdays and Sundays. I am sort of elderly myself.

• Advertisement

Unless they have to be in bed very early they can see the highlights on Sunday night. I presume RTE will be able to show highlights footage from all of the games. This is how I will be watching anyway as I plan to be at as many games as I can get to on the Saturdays and Sundays. I am sort of elderly myself.

I get what you are saying but highlight aren't quiet the same thing as watching live though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Gaa isnt a public service provider, people dont seem to realise this.

What entitlement do people have to get the games free to air anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

bruschi wrote: »
    My head is sore from banging it off the table at some of the absolute moronic posts about this. My god, the hyberbole, the absolute exaggeration of the situation, and the twee old Irish people stuck out in a bog who are being deprived. Why are so many people going on that the whole championship will be "pay per view" (which in itself is also an incorrect term) when there is absolutely no evidence whatsover that this will happen. People talking about in years to come. Talk about strawman arguments.

Do people really believe Sky sports will buy a full championship and that RTE wouldnt be able to match or compete with their bid? Its absolutely ludicrous some of the arguments on here. Lads saying they'll give up on the game and wont contribute to their club? seriously, what utter drivel.

If RTE and TV3 couldnt finance a package to keep all the games on their channels, then there is no one to blame but themselves. They had the opportunity to have games, but wouldnt stump up. This will bring good competition to the broadcasting market, and would hopefully improve all manner of coverage. Skys highlights show can hardly be any worse than RTE's or their mid week magazine program (last years crap with Marty was unbearable rubbish).

You'd swear the world was ending with the way some people are harping on about this. Going on about paying hundreds or thousands to get sky in, conveniently leaving out that you can get it for 3 months only if you want. Or the other online options available.

Do you really think RTE can compete financially with Sky, any figures that RTE can put together, Sky will be well able to beat, if it comes down to a bidding war, RTE will come 2nd to Sky

Broadband/high speed internet isn't exactly country-wide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

icdg wrote: »
    Incidentally the GAA seem to be fairly upset at RTE over its coverage over the last 24 hours which won't help it's case next time around. But as I say RTE stand the most to gain from more games being listed.

http://m.rte.ie/sport/touch/gaa/2014/0402/606267-gaa-rte/

From O'Neills comments in that article it looks like they couldnt handle the interviews and debates yesterday.

Its a mixed deal for the GAA imo. Yes they get more money and a chance to have sky promote their games but is it worth the risk of upsetting a decent chunk of their core market?

Do people really think that sky will put much effort into this? Sky has the rights to plenty of stuff like netball, greyhound racing and Northern Ireland league soccer that it does a very basic effort for. Coverage on Sky Sports News aswell wont be very much either I'd say.

kksaints wrote: »
    From O'Neills comments in that article it looks like they couldnt handle the interviews and debates yesterday.

Its a mixed deal for the GAA imo. Yes they get more money and a chance to have sky promote their games but is it worth the risk of upsetting a decent chunk of their core market?

Do people really think that sky will put much effort into this? Sky has the rights to plenty of stuff like netball, greyhound racing and Northern Ireland league soccer that it does a very basic effort for. Coverage on Sky Sports News aswell wont be very much either I'd say.

By core market do you mean people who actually go to games? So people who go to games and obviously couldn't watch them on TV will stop going to games and stay at home where they can't see them on TV?

By core market do you mean people who actually go to games? So people who go to games and obviously couldn't watch them on TV will stop going to games and stay at home where they can't see them on TV?

Irish market would be the core market for the GAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Gaa isnt a public service provider, people dont seem to realise this.

What entitlement do people have to get the games free to air anyway...

I would suggest that the gaa is a public service provider since the vast majority of people playing and promoting our national game are doing this exercise for free...
    The ultimate test will be the viewing figures and if I can get decent odds I will have €20 that the viewing figures will not increase because of this, it is win/win for sky but if it fails what happens then.
    Does anyone know if there will be any of the other matches broadcast on rte on the same day as sky games?

This is a positive move by the gaa, I actually commend them for having the balls to make this decision, I didn't think they had it in them. People will look back in 10 years time and realise how close minded they were and revolutionary decision this was.
    Fair play to the GAA iis what I'd say.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

There are a lot of pretty selfish posters on this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

This is a positive move by the gaa, I actually commend them for having the balls to make this decision, I didn't think they had it in them. People will look back in 10 years time and realise how close minded they were and revolutionary decision this was.

I don't think it as positive as you assume, if sky do succeed in promoting gaa to the rest of the world, well the UK at least, then good days work. I think they wont, its not something that has happened before with any other sport so I doubt it'll happen with gaa. I could be wrong, theirs a lot of Irish and of Irish descent in the UK, this might be the spark...

On the other hand it will not increase gates for the gaa at home, it will increase attendance in pubs but not in the demographic they need to reach to foster a growing selection of young fans. Lets face it most of the people going to the pub to watch will be dads, sans mammy and the kids. I don't think it will sell sky sports subs either , not for 14 games and it being on sky sports 3 makes it an expensive option for anyone not already a subscriber.

I'm interested in how this will pan out, I hope it works the way they hope, I'd love to see hurling become more widespread.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭A.J.Plumb

Plus one on this one ..the GAA has for long been bombarded by Heineken Cup Rugby/Premier League and Champions League Soccer + Olympic games etc...etc.

They have seen the need to broaden their horizons and ditch the "uber culchie" image of their broadcasters/ commentators.

The GAA needs to free itself of the stultifying confines of a small island and bring it's wares to a wider audience .

The days of pandering to the bachelor farmers in rural Ireland are over .... let's move on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Squareball wrote: »
    There are a lot of pretty selfish posters on this site.

There's also as lot of people suddenly very concerned about the plight of the elderly all of a sudden. One wonders how much those people do for the elderly in their community every year, let alone for their GAA club. My suspicion is the concern for the elderly is mainly a concern for having to pay thirty quid to get sky sports. (I'm against this deal but the histrionics from others opposed to it is not doing their argument any favors. If the GAA announced that they were simply televising 14 fewer games this year, to boost attendances, there'd be nothing like this reaction)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

There's also as lot of people suddenly very concerned about the plight of the elderly all of a sudden. One wonders how much those people do for the elderly in their community every year, let alone for their GAA club. My suspicion is the concern for the elderly is mainly a concern for having to pay another thirty quid a month to get sky sports. (I'm against this deal but the histrionics from others opposed to it is not doing their argument any favors. If the GAA announced that they were simply televising 14 fewer games this year, to boost attendances, there'd be nothing like this reaction)

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shockframe

With all the hysteria of the Sky deal there is another angle to this.

At this moment in time Meath and Dublin are playing in the Leinster Under 21 final and there is no way at all to watch this. The GAA are crying out for a system that allows some freedom in showing more Minor/Under 21/Club/College matches.

For all the whinging from RTE about the Elderly missing out on the GAA they missed out one important detail - TV is no longer the medium for video. Laptops, smartphones, Streaming etc all are now muscling in on TV's dominance.

A small streaming service has to be an option worth considering. There is enough matches out there that dont get any airing and this is a huge shame.You have Apple TV, Chromecast, and now Amazon Fire to name but a few that could be perfect for the GAA to bring in something new. You have this for the NBA and Wrestling and the NFL also have plans to bring in something new.

A streaming service would have no shortage of people who would cover games. Dr Crokes showed the potential of such a service years ago but were shut down.

The deal with Sky as it is I would welcome just to discover what their coverage is like but Sky will have enough problems in the years ahead with Murdoch's influence waning and technological threats aswell as rivals such as BT. GAA coverage may not go all that smoothly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

A.J.Plumb wrote: »
    Plus one on this one ..the GAA has for long been bombarded by Heineken Cup Rugby/Premier League and Champions League Soccer + Olympic games etc...etc.

They have seen the need to broaden their horizons and ditch the "uber culchie" image of their broadcasters/ commentators.

The GAA needs to free itself of the stultifying confines of a small island and bring it's wares to a wider audience .

The days of pandering to the bachelor farmers in rural Ireland are over .... let's move on .

Sky aren't going to do something amazing with GAA. RTÉ do a good job of the championships, there is always this idea that in Ireland we can't do anything and we are small and unsophisticated, I disagree I think RTÉ Sport have always stuck to trends in the look and feel of their sports programming.

It's not just about the ultra urban, cool and sophisticated.

For the GAA to progress it must provide similar style championships in other countries.

I think people just love a good reason to give out about things, again people just going out of there way to be offended or a reason to moan!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

The days of pandering to the bachelor farmers in rural Ireland are over .... let's move on

WTF? You've some warped opinion of the GAA and its image! And to think that those who are unhappy with the deal are being called narrow minded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Agree there Mr P.

Time to expand and embrace the wider confines of our planet.

Yes there will be casualties, but like the omelette,eggs have to be broken to fashion it.

Time to move from the hill farms to the green pastures and the huge footprint afforded by the current technology.

The day of the beef-faced farmer roaring abuse at the telly is gone.

2014 folks, 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

If the GAA are not interested in the money but want the fans abroad to see the game then why didn't they leave it the way it was and have RTE and TV3 stream online internationally?

• Advertisement

Gaa need to get more 'sexy'

Don't like that terminology but that's what the young guns go for.

This will help.

Neeson wrote: »
    If the GAA are not interested in the money but want the fans abroad to see the game then why didn't they leave it the way it was and have RTE and TV3 stream online internationally?

Hey pal..of course the GAA are interested in the money...just tippin you off ...to do anything you need money!

Want to expand internationally ...you need money...nobody does anything for nothing !

We need less naive people around here ....

2014 folks, 2014.

You are completely blind if you think that going to a Pay TV service give the GAA games any more weight.

The GAA could have given the 14 matches to both Sky and TV3, with Sky having Exclusive British Rights.

Recession Folks, Recession.

What's that poll question

" should the GAA allow Sky to make fans subscribe..."

Last I heard it was a free country ,nobody could make you subscribe if you didn't want to

Elmo wrote: »
    You are completely blind if you think that going to a Pay TV service give the GAA games any more weight.

The GAA could have given the 14 matches to both Sky and TV3, with Sky having Exclusive British Rights.

Recession Folks, Recession.

Hey man ..I was not party to the discussion but I would be very sure that the GAA have some very smart honchos on their team to ensure that they get a good deal.

These are the people who built a world class stadium and who's facilities will be central to a bid for the Rugby World Cup in about 7 years time.

Fed up with people dissing a world class amateur organisation who provide brilliant facilities for our young people.

RTE will be streaming their games internationally. But they will be charging for that. Which is fair enough. The people at home have to pay a TV licence to watch so it would hardly be fair if it was free for the rest of the world.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2014/0401/606033-gaa-rights-deal-2/

• Advertisement

Hey pal..of course the GAA are interested in the money...just tippin you off ...to do anything you need money!

Want to expand internationally ...you need money...nobody does anything for nothing !

We need less naive people around here ....

That's true. But the boy on the news with Dobbo was saying that's why they sold it to sky to help those abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

That's true. But the boy on the news with Dobbo was saying that's why they sold it to sky to help those abroad.

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome all the new posters that have appeared on this thread to the GAA form.
    Feel free to contribute regularly to threads

Hey man ..I was not party to the discussion but I would be very sure that the GAA have some very smart honchos on their team to ensure that they get a good deal.

These are the people who built a world class stadium and who's facilities will be central to a bid for the Rugby World Cup in about 7 years time.

Fed up with people dissing a world class amateur organisation who provide brilliant facilities for our young people.

A moment ago you were talking about how the GAA was unsophisticated now you think that they have built a world class organisation? (I am not disputing that its not a world class organisation, it is).

I have no doubt that the GAA had a very good team working with them. Sky's motivation is to retain customers. It will be interesting to see if Sky take the Champions and Europa League or if the Irish rights will also move to BT.

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome all the new posters that have appeared on this thread to the GAA form.
    Feel free to contribute regularly to threads

I am not a fan of Rugger.

How long is the Sky contract for..?

Not forever surely

If it doesn't work out then terminate and go back to the status quo.

Can't stay static in the sports world.

GAA are top class in that,when there was no need to modernise Croker, no need at all, they looked long term and went for it.

Ok the got Govt money and well deserved, and now look at them, and look at the league of Ireland who were pulling in gates of 15 20 k back in the day.

Didn't see the future and see the result !

Don't need to spell it out?

• Advertisement

Oh Dear !

To promote anything abroad ...you need money...to do it properly like !

News for you ..the GAA is not top of the agenda in far flung parts...they have other sports ..like tennis/ cricket / hockey / basketball/netball/athletics/rugby / soccer/golf/sailing.

To break into these markets you need ...yes yov'e guessed it ...MONEY!

And promotion...hence the deal with SKY...money + promotion.

Join the dots buddy .......

A.J and Evan you sound alike :cool:

Oh Dear !

To promote anything abroad ...you need money...to do it properly like !

News for you ..the GAA is not top of the agenda in far flung parts...they have other sports ..like tennis/ cricket / hockey / basketball/netball/athletics/rugby / soccer/golf/sailing.

To break into these markets you need ...yes yov'e guessed it ...MONEY!

And promotion...hence the deal with SKY...money + promotion.

Join the dots buddy .......

Yeah. This is true. I think the boy was saying about the irish abroad watching it which is why I was saying surely they'd just watch it online but I suppose if it's on sky then it might attract a few foreign fans. I didn't think they were bothered so much about promoting the game to foreigners. But I suppose they should. Don't think too many would take a big interest in it though.

A.J and Evan you sound alike :cool:

Yeah, guess we do, both pragmatists.

A moment ago you were talking about how the GAA was unsophisticated now you think that they have built a world class organisation? (I am not disputing that its not a world class organisation, it is).

I have no doubt that the GAA had a very good team working with them. Sky's motivation is to retain customers. It will be interesting to see if Sky take the Champions and Europa League or if the Irish rights will also move to BT.

No my friend..if you find the post where I said that the GAA was "unsophisticated" please hoy it up here !

I did say that the image of the GAA was largely rural based beefed up by their "uber culchie" commentators presenters and their adherance to the Catholic Church and republican leanings.

I stand over that.

That is the GAA image....I believe they should move away from that image to reflect the world class organisation that they are and silence the fools whos only contribution is to query where the "Garth Brooks" money is going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Sam Jam

Match tickets are going to go through the roof.

Sam Jam wrote: »
    Match tickets are going to go through the roof.

Not really. Apart from the QFs they got none of the other matches are that important. The QFs attractiveness depend on whos in it. If its a match involving Dublin or two heavyweights then theres a chance it will affect demand otherwise it wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

I think its a great development.
    1- Great exposure of our games in countries with a growing gaa community. Great potential to contiue to develop the sports in UK,US and Australia.

2-A proper bit of competition for RTE.Nothin like competition to make you up your own game.Lookin forward to see what innovations Sky bring to the coverage, particularly the semis and finals.

To people complaining about having to pay for the first time to see 8 matches-

1-There is no such thing as free tv in Ireland-if you have a tv you have to pay €162 to RTE.

2-As somebody pointed out the league games on Setanta are already pay per view.

3-When I was growing up in the 1980s there were 6 matches a year on tv- the semis and finals. Next year there will be 100 live games on rte and tg4(not free to air btw). The old fellas up a hill in the country must have short memories if theyre complain now bout only seein the hundred odd games now.

harpsman wrote: »
    1- Great exposure of our games in countries with a growing gaa community. Great potential to contiue to develop the sports in UK,US and Australia.

2-A proper bit of competition for RTE.Nothin like competition to make you up your own game.Lookin forward to see what innovations Sky bring to the coverage, particularly the semis and finals.

1-There is no such thing as free tv in Ireland-if you have a tv you have to pay €162 to RTE.

3-When I was growing up in the 1980s there were 6 matches a year on tv- the semis and finals. Next year there will be 100 live games on rte and tg4(not free to air btw). The old fellas up a hill in the country must have short memories if theyre complain now bout only seein the hundred odd games now.

Auld fellas up hills ,however important they are, cannot be allowed to dictate the progression of a multi million euro concern.

Yes they need to be considered, but to target an organisations devlopement solely of that narrow fan base would be disastrous .

Have to move on

harpsman wrote: »

Where did this €162 figure come from?

• Advertisement
Advertisement