Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Jack snuck in a buttery biscuit base reference with his cheesecake, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Michellexxx85

My friend has agreed to do the invention test challenge and has chosen sweet, I'm stuck for ingredients help!? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I think we seen a finalist tonight in Jack. His cheesecake looked very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

They're all bonkers tonight :eek:

Why on earth would you plonk an egg on top of a bit of fish, spud and (fancy) veg :confused::confused::confused:

I want that salmon ravioli dish NOW!!!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    They're all bonkers tonight :eek:

But Carl (Karl?) is the most bonkers of them all :eek::eek::eek:

John face when he heard his menu :D

Think Jack may have met his match in Ping :D

How in the name of all that's holy did Carl get anywhere next nigh or near MC :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dolgirl

Thought I was watching comic relief there for a second!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Still laughing today's at Carl's food last night. Would have given anything to have seen him cook for the critics in the next round.

• Advertisement

Beans on toast with sausages and fried onions and for desert potatoe covered plums. It was either going to be genius or disaster. When he plonked the fried onions on the sausages I knew which one it was. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I was in stitches at the last guy last night.

Oooh, Jack vs Ping already - hadn't copped that'd happen so soon!

That potato cake looks a-maz-ing!

**Grammar Nazi Alert**

Would the pair of them EVER stop saying " cooking for John/Greg and I" Drives me nuts!!!

I really like Tracy as a critic, looking forward to hearing her opinions.

I guessed correctly in advance (go me!!!), but oh my goodness that must have been a close vote to get rid of two of those cooks tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Beans on toast with sausages and fried onions and for desert potatoe covered plums. It was either going to be genius or disaster. When he plonked the fried onions on the sausages I knew which one it was. :eek:

I was soooo hoping it was going to be a masterpiece! Ah well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just caught up on all the episodes so far. The sausage main and potato plum dessert had me in tears I was laughing so much. I can't understand what possesses people to do that, or to made rice pudding on Masterchef.

Tonight's episode was all a bit meh. No one really caught my attention.

Just catching up now.

Luke is clearly a fantastic cook - but has to be the most uncharismatic contestant ever!

Agree with previous posters - the rest of them are all a bit "meh".

One thing that I've noticed over the few series I've watched - would it kill the contestants to actually sound like they mean it when they apologise for serving late? I realise nerves might come into it, but Luke just threw a casual "sorry I'm over" into the air, he should be apologising to HIS diners!

I want that fish'n'chips NOW!

Well maybe not now, given it's nearly 1am - but SOON.

But I wouldn't thank you for that white chocolate fondant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I thought Luke seemed a bit socially awkward but I found him quite endearing. Definitely my favourite so far.

So what culinary catastrophes await us tonight?

One guy in a flat cap, one guy in a fleece, one girl with her hair hanging everywhere..... hmmmmmm.....

Took me a few minutes to figure out what the Cypriot guy was on about with his mesAY... (mezze)

The driving test guy who's "in it to win it" surely has to be kicked off first.

Or else they've more subtle editors running MCUK :D

"gives Greg and I......."

AAARRRGH!!!

(I know this is a cookery show but I just can't help myself, sorry!)

Squid stuffed with chicken :eek:

(not to mention all the other stuff that was in there)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Does anyone believe that John has no advance notice of what is in the 'box' and that he only has an hour?

keps wrote: »
    Does anyone believe that John has no advance notice of what is in the 'box' and that he only has an hour?

Mmmm..... on balance, I think I probably do.

The guy with the fleece is really coming on after his nightmare in round 1 (and I see is employing the tactic of getting the judges drunk if all else fails :D)

I really REALLY want to know what the timescale is for the previous winners' meals.

Do they really get main/dessert x 4 one straight after the other? Or are they locked up in the set for the entire day and put on a treadmill between each contestant?

If they taste one after the other surely whoever is last would be at a disadvantage as even the biggest glutton in the world would have tastebud (not to mention gut) overload by the time they came along?

• Advertisement

Natalie reminds me SO much of Bianca in Eastenders when she talks :D

RickAAAYYYYY!

Oooh, meltdown with the lamb/langoustine combo.... oh dear.

Advertisement