Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Catching up now. So glad Dave is out, although I would have loved to see him try and wear that ridiculous cap in a professional kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

I thought Luke seemed a bit socially awkward but I found him quite endearing. Definitely my favourite so far.

Luke is your typical engineer nerd boy, I'm marrying one so I quite like Luke.
    Loved the precision with the calculator!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I'm glad to see Ed go through tonight.

Wouldn't want to be one of Sheila's patients!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Addle wrote: »

Wouldn't want to be one of Sheila's patients!

Thats exactly what my son said! She never wanted to be a GP! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Only watched half of it last night - all I remember was John's fish with meatballs dish :eek::eek:

That young Scottish girl could go far - and she's lovely!

Will catch up the rest this evening, looking forward to it!

• Advertisement

Jaysus, they're all blubbing tonight!

There's something slightly odd/weird/sinister about that previous winner fella with the dark beard - he gives me the creeps bigtime! Loved Sara at the time, and love her still!

Megan ftw. GP for the boot. Not sure between the other two..... but will find out any minute now :D

Three through! Good decision.

And onto tonight's offering.... featuring yer man from The Office :D

(What's a Welsh curry :confused:)

Oh dear, poor army guy got a bit of a hammering......

Oooh, I like the look of that banoffee pie! (seems it only looked good tho!)

The poor fella whose panna cotta collapsed..... but couldn't help noticing that John, with a genuine laugh in his voice, said "at least your panna cotta is a BIT wobbly :D".

Can only imagine the abuse the fella would have taken from D&N on the Irish programme - assuming they even deigned to taste it in the first place.

Bet he survives, though.

I'm getting so sick of hearing "I've got so much more to give". And variations thereof.

Poor Sophie, left all on her lonesome, with no-one to hug. She's got potential though - and looks like great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

They had to keep Sophie, regardless of her cooking ability: her facial expressions make for great television.

• Advertisement

Ah no!!! Thought they'd squeeze Megan in somehow based on her previous cooking. Surely three outstanding dishes should make up for one (ok, quite spectacular) disaster?

Sophie survives alone again.

Did I see Andy Murray (can't remember his actual name) in the promo for next week's show? I remember him from some show, but can't remember if it was this one, or last series - I think I'm watching too much MC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I didn't see Megan earlier in the week - but I thought that she had two bad dishes in this evening's show. It's surprising how many people who go in for Masterchef, and don't know their way around a crab (and sometimes not even a lobster).

That said, I thought the palate taste was quite tough. But my palate is such that if there are chilis in a dish, I can't detect what else there might be in it.

I'm still taken with Sophie's facial expressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Is ed still in?

Only Sophie went through from this week's lot.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Natalie reminds me SO much of Bianca in Eastenders when she talks :D

RickAAAYYYYY!

And tonight (even though Natalie won't be featuring), Eastenders it is :D

Anyone else tuning in? This is the first one I've been able to see "live" in weeks.

My money (if I had any to spare) would be bigtime on Ping for this title. I think she's brilliant.

They certainly know how to do tension on this programme :eek:

I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack before they all get served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Ping is great. She is on the ball!

That chocolate tart looks DIVINE......

Aww, Ping's reaction to their reaction to her dessert was just lovely. She seems to be genuinely really popular with all the other contestants.

Yer man's lamb is raw, really properly raw :eek: :eek: His gravy looks well tasty though!

Is a chocolate fondant the same as a chocolate lava cake? Cos they both look the same.....

There must have been a cheap deal going on gold leaf nearby that day, both Ping and Jack used it on their (identical) cakes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I really hate Danny Dyer

Tuned in to this, but falling behind (as trying to cook my own dinner at the same time :D)

I'm bloody starving, and the description of Ping's pumpkin soup (soup seems to be the least of it!) and the salted almond icecream chocolate dessert (although there's too much chocolate involved for my liking) has me drooling!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I think Ping is the one to beat, closely followed by Jack. I'd be happy if either one won.

Ping appears to be the only one who is fit to be left alone for longer than five minutes.

Although I haven't seen Jack at all, so clearly he's ok too. The others are basket cases!

(They're just serving Ping's course in my world, don't know how far behind I am)

awww, that head chef is lovely..... "what u flapping for, what u FLAPPING for????" :D

What a contrast to some of the frankly abusive ones we see sometimes (admittedly this is only a meal for 5, not a whole restaurant service - but still!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Ooh crazy invention test. Wouldn't fancy making a meal out of some of those ingredients. This will separate the men from the boys. :D:pac:

That looks and sounds like the contents of my fridge on any given day (bar the pig's ear)!

Best of luck to 'em.... wouldn't fancy that meself!

If "cook from the heart" was the annoying catchphrase of MCIrl, then "(shall I) crack on" has to be the AAAAAARGH catchphrase of MCUK.

:mad:

Luke is looking more demented professor every cooking session :eek:

• Advertisement

WTF is Angela's pie like??? Not like any pie I've seen before.... did she cook the pastry separately? And if so, why :confused:

Advertisement