Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I keep hearing a "but......." at the end of John's pronouncements on Luke's food.

John is going to have an orgasm soon :eek:

Ah just give her the prize and be done with it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Ping is knocking them out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ping has it now. What a starter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

No surprise there, but well deserved :)

Lol @ ping chugging the champagne :D

Very well deserved win there - if no surprise.

The "losers" were very generous with their comments - they all really seemed like such a nice bunch - to see the other two ganging up and watching while each presented their dishes to John and Greg was lovely.

She'll be one to watch for sure - her starter looked to die for, with the main not far behind (and I don't even like seafood!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

No surprises there then, Ping wins and I have to say she deserved it. I was really surprised by the little VT on her before the competition started. She struck me as ultra conservative with her checklists and percission but seems she's a much freer spirit. Although I thought "eye of the tiger" suited her perfectly as a wedding march. She seems absolutely focused and single minded.

I can't help wondering if having an exotic cultural heritage is a distinct advantage in Masterchef. We have had several contestants from Asian backgrounds do incredibly well in both the Irish and UK show. In all cases those contestants seemed to be steeped in their ethnic food heritage from childhood cooking with their family and dished up their mums favourite recipes etc and wowed with them. The judges have commented on new flavours and clever ideas within these dishes. It's hard to know if you can really compare these exotic dishes with the the cooking of others who's only influence is UK food and UK interpretations of Asain food. For most UK/Irish contestants your mums recipe just wouldn't cut it. Would we do better in Masterchef China where our cooking might be a revelation to judges who hadn't seen it's like before?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

^^^ good points regarding the success of ethnic chefs. I was thinking the same earlier.

Also agree with you on Ping's VT :) it made me smile to see her wedding, and a lot more of a relaxed and cool side to her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Now just have a few more weeks to wait for Celebrity Masterchef :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Dovies wrote: »
    Now just have a few more weeks to wait for Celebrity Masterchef :)

Have the celebrities been announced. Last year was fantastic, Les Dennis's bread pudding was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Over the last couple of weeks, my husband has been saying that he thinks Jack looks like Wolverine from Xmen! Xmen was on tv last night - hubbie says look there's your man from masterchef! :rolleyes:

So maybe it's time for 'Buttery Biscuit Base' again then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkkEO7hzALY

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Have the celebrities been announced. Last year was fantastic, Les Dennis's bread pudding was hilarious

Not yet. I know Andy Peters is involved - he was in it a couple of years ago/last year? He is probably going to be one of the 'tasters'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Dovies wrote: »
    Not yet. I know Andy Peters is involved - he was in it a couple of years ago/last year? He is probably going to be one of the 'tasters'

6 years ago, 2008. :eek: Where does the time go??

6 years ago, 2008. :eek: Where does the time go??

Really? Blimey!! :eek::eek:

FunLover18 wrote: »

http://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2014020416830/millie-mackintosh-to-take-part-in-celebrity-masterchef/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Celebrity Masterchef starts 10th June on BBC1

• Advertisement

Celebrity Masterchef starts 10th June on BBC1

Hurray! Thanks for the tip-off :D

Tonight at 9pm

Golly gosh (and I'm in NO position to be passremarkable, in fairness), but Susannah has not aged well :eek:

Who's Sophie?

Had to laugh at Jodie talking from about a foot above Greg's head!

:eek:

Only to be surpassed by Jodie being about two foot taller than Russell!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've never seen Celebrity Masterchef before. Do they always throw them into a professional kitchen that soon?

I've never seen Celebrity Masterchef before. Do they always throw them into a professional kitchen that soon?
    Not sure tbh, I've watched far too many MC variations to remember one from t'other - but they're brave chefs who took that lot into their kitchens :eek:

I'm assuming the diners are 100% plants though. (not of the botanical variety!)

Straight into two courses :eek:

They didn't do that to the real contestants until about round 10 (speaking figuratively, obviously)

However, hearing John enthusing about Sophie's meal - which sounds quite basic (sez me, hah!) - it's clear that standards are quite a bit lower than the "normal" show.

Love Celeb Masterchef. Susannah has aged though or was it just my tv??
    Maybe this should have a thread of its own? Celebrity Masterchef - not her aging obviously lol

The really bad news for the Masterchef franchise is that Marcus Wareing is to take over in the ' Professionals'

I hate him:(:(

See here

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/jun/11/marcus-wareing-masterchef-professionals

He gave 2 out of 10 to a professional chef in the Great British Menu in 2012- I was watching and could not believe it.

• Advertisement

keps wrote: »
    The really bad news for the Masterchef franchise is that Marcus Wareing is to take over in the ' Professionals'

I hate him:(:(

See here

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/jun/11/marcus-wareing-masterchef-professionals

He gave 2 out of 10 to a professional chef in the Great British Menu in 2012- I was watching and could not believe it.

Aw no!! Would much prefer Tom Kerridge!!

Advertisement