Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Merkin wrote: »
    I'm so pleased
    Milly and Wayne
    got through, both thoroughly worthy semi finalists.

Does anyone know if they receive intensive training in between shoots? I find it odd that in the first round they could hardly master putting a few toppings on a pizza and then able to churn out perfectly cooked lambs liver and chocolate fondant so soon afterwards!

I knew I shouldn't have read this post before watching the programme through!

Anyway, spoiler apart (and it wasn't really, it was fairly obvious that
    Wayne and Milly
    would progress), I have also wondered that as well. I've just watched the skills/knowledge test - and Wayne claimed never to have made a pancake in his life, and it certainly looked like that to start with as he frantically beat the eggs and looked slightly wildly around him. Yet he produced an approximation of American pancakes. Now don't tell me there weren't a few sly instructions thrown in along the way - I would LOVE to see the uncut version of this some time! (In fact, I may have to email BBC on that very topic, I think that's a great idea! The contestants maybe not so much so though.....)

Hang on, I'm mixing
    Wayne
    up with
    the Scottish/SAfrican guy
    , amn't I? Or was he called
    Wayne
    too?
    Wayne Sleep
    cannot possibly have got through ahead of the other fella :eek:

OK, enough stream of consciousness - I'll go and actually watch the bloody programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Aww I feel bad, sorry about that. Have included spoiler brackets so maybe edit my quoted post for other people too?

Let me know if the BBC comes back to you!

Aww I feel bad, sorry about that. Have included spoiler brackets so maybe edit my quoted post for other people too?

Let me know if the BBC comes back to you!

Ah no, in fairness, it's three days after it was shown! Just clicked on the thread out of habit, never even thinking.

Still can't believe it if that is the result.... seeing how that outcome came about makes it still worth watching!

(Now to figure out how to put spoiler tags in my post.... I've never used them in all my time on boards!)

"I'm just the right balance between starstruck and hungry" :D:D

Those canteen meals sounded proper tasty!

• Advertisement

When you're replying in a thread, highlight the text you want to hide, then press the little spoiler icon (the last one on the right on the toolbar) and it will conceal anything you want to keep hidden :)

OK, I'm beginning to see why the result went that way! (although I haven't got to
    Wayne's
    dish yet)

Was Christine a bit squiffy by the time she got to Milly's dish? She seemed to be waxing very eloquent all of a sudden, and there was a certain amount of bashing of cutlery off plates going on...... :D (I can't abide the texture of liver - used to love it as a kid, but can't do it any more - but even I'd have tucked into that plate it looked so good!)

ETA - on another, entirely frivolous note - Milly looked/souned like she was in heels when serving her dishes. She really is elegance personified. Now that is the sign of a true "socialite" - I'd be in my bedroom slippers, or worse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Jason Connery sure has changed since he played Robin Hood in the TV series:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

keps wrote: »

Looks like his dad! Biggins was doing surprisingly well.

I adore Biggins, he's such great fun!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

keps wrote: »

I only just saw that it was him this evening.

Same eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Jason is very cocky. He's annoying.

Just started watching now - holy God, that sausage test is tough! Cumberland is the only one I'd have even half a chance of recognising!

I'm guessing all of them are going to score a big fat 0 in that round!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Just started watching now - holy God, that sausage test is tough! Cumberland is the only one I'd have even half a chance of recognising!

I'm guessing all of them are going to score a big fat 0 in that round!

Charley did pretty well 5/6. Will be interesting to see the dishes for the judges tonight. Although Andy Peters is on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Dovies wrote: »
    Charley did pretty well 5/6. Will be interesting to see the dishes for the judges tonight. Although Andy Peters is on :mad:

He was getting a bit of help from Greg.

"I don't know what that is"
    "well, what does it look like?"
    "A sausage"
    "and what colour is it?"
    "Black"
    "so what do you think it is?"
    "Black Pudding?"
    "Yes, well done"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Was this on last night? We have the series set to record bit for some reason it recorded the news yesterday. Was it cancelled because of the football and will it be repeated over the weekend?

kylith wrote: »
    Was this on last night? We have the series set to record bit for some reason it recorded the news yesterday. Was it cancelled because of the football and will it be repeated over the weekend?
    Was on last night, after Eastenders on BBC - the late football match was on UTV.

Sorry you missed it - they were a good bunch, there was some good food produced!

I'm really surprised at Biggins - I thought he'd be a bumbling disaster, out at the first hurdle - but he knows his grub! And seems to be quite the handy man around a cooker......

kylith wrote: »

Should be on iPlayer so worth tuning in, the standard was pretty high with this lot. I think the two that got through could end up going quite far in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Should be on iPlayer so worth tuning in, the standard was pretty high with this lot. I think the two that got through could end up going quite far in the competition.

I managed to get iplayer working and watched it on Sunday. I think your right, that pair were certainly dark horses.

Weren't they! I could watch Biggins all day, he's very entertaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Disgusted that
    Wayne Sleep
    went through. He shouldn't have stayed over
    Millie
    . :mad:

Phew, thank goodness for spoiler tags :D

I'm catching up now - I'm liking Biggins and Milly (Millie?) more and more as time goes on.

Oooh, Amanda is so ANNOYING!

The JLS fella (if that's who he even is) is just fading into the background on me.

They're my two for voting off tonight, purely based on personalities :D

Never even heard of half of these recipes they're having to cook........

Disgusted that
    Wayne Sleep
    went through. He shouldn't have stayed over
    Millie
    . :mad:

Nooooooooo!!!!!

That's a complete travesty.

Well, mightily unfair at the very least.

I actually thought
    Wayne
    did enough to go through -
    Amanda should have gone instead of Millie - she was streets ahead of her.

Haha, this will be a laugh! What sadistic bastard thought this one up!

WTF has Amanda got perched on her nose tonight? :confused:

Oh Wayne :eek:

Spuds, really???

Haha, Amanda's face when Wayne explained what he'd done :D:D:D

How on earth can that chicken (Amanda/Wayne/Sophie's) be still edible having been started (in cut-up chunks) by Amanda minimum 40 minutes before the dish was plated :eek:

The others roasted a WHOLE chicken in that time ffs!

• Advertisement

Sophie's laugh is just hilarious!

And Wayne standing beside Jodie is even funnier! (I'm easily amused tonight :D)

Advertisement