Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vintage insurance

• 27-03-2014 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Does any one know if any of the company's are offering vintage insurance... It's a 1981 cb750..... Probably only going to do a 1000 m a year... Fbd handles all my clubs stuff like cars and tractors... But they won't touch bikes... All help greatly appreciated in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

There are only a few companies that do bike insurance.

Give them a call.

Aaon
    Adilade
    Carol Nash
    Liberty

And I don't know the name of the new crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Carol Nash definitely do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Carol Nash is the only company that does vintage motorbike insurance it AFAIK, and you MUST have a full license. Could have changed recently but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭andyone

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Carol Nash is the only company that does vintage motorbike insurance it AFAIK, and you MUST have a full license. Could have changed recently but I doubt it.

I rang Nash yesterday... But they were treating it IMHO as just a standard older bike... And not giving me any benifit... For it being vintage... Other members of my club get really cheap quotes on cars... But the same benifit weren't coming from Nash....... Vintage is renowned for cheap tax and insurance... Has anyone got a vintage bike and how did ye fair out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Depends on who you get on the phone with alot of insurance companies. 30+ yrs is vintage in anyones book TBH....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

andyone wrote: »
    I rang Nash yesterday... But they were treating it IMHO as just a standard older bike... And not giving me any benifit... For it being vintage... Other members of my club get really cheap quotes on cars... But the same benifit weren't coming from Nash....... Vintage is renowned for cheap tax and insurance... Has anyone got a vintage bike and how did ye fair out
    How much did they ask you for ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    How much did they ask you for ?

If I can remember correctly .. They asked for €330 there abouts.... For a 32 year old bike.....( vintage)

I also got an online quote of €460 for a honda black bird of liberty.... ( for every day use)

I can't understand their thinking.... I thought that there should be more discount for something that would be garaged most of the year.. And if I done1000 ml on it a year I'd be surprised...

If I can remember correctly .. They asked for €330 there abouts.... For a 32 year old bike.....( vintage)

I also got an online quote of €460 for a honda black bird of liberty.... ( for every day use)

I can't understand their thinking.... I thought that there should be more discount for something that would be garaged most of the year.. And if I done1000 ml on it a year I'd be surprised...

How many years 'no claims discount' do you have?

P.C. wrote: »
    How many years 'no claims discount' do you have?

I don't see how that's gonna help...
    I'm looking for some one with a vintage bike that has it insured as vintage... That can steer me in the right direction...

But for the record.. I'm vintage myself at 42... And I have no no claims..

I don't see how that's gonna help...
    I'm looking for some one with a vintage bike that has it insured as vintage... That can steer me in the right direction...

But for the record.. I'm vintage myself at 42... And I have no no claims..

€330 for your first year is not too bad IMHO.
    You are an unknown risk to the insurance company at the moment, and their price reflects this.

As you clock up the years 'no claims' the price will come down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Campions in Portlaoise do it but you have to join the I.V.E.T.A. first, approx. 150 euro.

Campions in Portlaoise do it but you have to join the I.V.E.T.A. first, approx. 150 euro.

Thank you I'll look in to this...

Advertisement