Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get better prices

• 27-03-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

this happened to me today: at UPC I am on a bill of about 37 € for FIBRE Broadband+Phone, saw the offer of 25 € for more value (called FIBRE Chat or so), applied online, never got feedback, rang up, was told that offer is not available in my area because there is no fibre optics cable. Next bill was suddenly 41€, was switched from Digital Phone Basic to Home Phone product. Rang up again, was told bull ****, asked for the price without phone service (I don't use it), price was 39€. He had to hand me over to the cancellation department. There they told me, that broadband without phone is not available anymore. So I got just a tiny bit angy and aksed, why they offer broadband only on the website and BTW I am on Fibre xyz but UPC would not give me the Fibre chat 50 for 12€ less with the excuse that there is no fibre optics in my area BUT my bill says that I have a fibre package. The angryness paid out, because suddenly that beautiful (?) lady could offer me the same phone+broadband bundle for 25.50€. I asked whether it is truely the same without restrictions and pot holes etc. She confimed: only one difference it is a contract for 12 month and an early cancellation charge of 200€ which is fine for me. I got her name just in case and asked whether there is only one Al**** working there.

The similar thing happened to me at meteor end of last year. Also saw a product, was told not possible for existing customers and I'd need to cancel the service to avail of the offer. So I told I will cancel and go shopping. I was put through to the cancellation department and also got offered what I originally wanted (getting from 32 to 25 € per month).

Fazit:

1. Obviously offers are published and the companies don't want to give them to existing customers
    2. Go and ask for cancellation in that case (by phone) and you may get a surprise what is possible. You need to get on to the cancellation people because the others seem not to have the authority to give you the offers.

This kind of business reminds me to some similar dishonest practise introduced by Ryan Air where the flight was advertised with 1€ but you ended up paying 50€. Now it is forbidden thanks to the EU and as compensation for "honesty" the EU now rips off Ireland to pay Ackermann and Co. Hope you know who that is ;-)

Cheers and good luck with cancellations.

BTW: again UPC: change DD to foreign IBAN was not possible at website. Rang up. Was possible. Great. Just annoy them with "expensive" customer care calls and things work. Why can't they give services without that annoyance? They would save on customer care calls and customers would save time and doctor's bills for the nervous break down lol.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,731 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Meteor even preempted me a few weeks ago saying I'd leave when I asked to get the advertised price for their €20 plan, something along the lines of "would you end up looking somewhere else? I can put you through to retentions..."

Advertisement