Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHOTS FIRED IN COOLANEY!!!

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Just heard on the radio that there was an incident in Coolaney village last night where shots were fired through a window, anybody hear about this?? :eek:

UPDATE!!! A colleague of mine was telling me that some house on an estate in Coolaney village got windows and doors smashed in last night, there was people patching up the front door earlier and windscreens of two cars were smashed in, not too sure about the gun story, however somebody obviously stepped on toes, at the same time Coolaney village could do without it, I believe it was lovely and quite for a long time, well, up to last night anyways!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Well I did see smashed up car windows this morning but didn't hear anything about gun shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I live in Coolaney (not in the village) but I didn't hear anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

magnumlady wrote: »
    I live in Coolaney (not in the village) but I didn't hear anything.

Appropriate user name.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Young p@keys are out of control in Sligo at the moment. Every week the local papers are full of stories of them in court. No sign of our local reps raising this issue!? Perry very slow to discuss whats going on in Towerhill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

bonzos wrote: »
    Young p@keys are out of control in Sligo at the moment. Every week the local papers are full of stories of them in court. No sign of our local reps raising this issue!? Perry very slow to discuss whats going on in Towerhill

In fairness to politicians, it's a Garda issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry to bring this OT but Towerhill is a much more serious issue that needs more publicity, Garda involvement is one thing but it's quickly becoming a wild west situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Is it really that bad in towerhill? I live in ballymote but thank god don't notice any of it spilling out to the rest of the town apart from the library incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

sari wrote: »
    Is it really that bad in towerhill? I live in ballymote but thank god don't notice any of it spilling out to the rest of the town apart from the library incident.
    I have heard horror stories about Tower Hill although I have never been there, it seems to be only a handful of people who are behind all the trouble on that estate, however I understand that Coolaney village and especially Radharc Na Habhainn estate has got a few tenants that are responsible for all the trouble, the Garda raids, the illegal narcotic seizures etc, such a shame.

Advertisement