Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashing the Slim 360

• 27-03-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

How would I go about flashing a slim Xbox 360? I don't care about modding/hacking or online play.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I think flashing is no longer the best option for offline-only play. I highly recommend you pay the extra money and get a console modder to install the Reset Glitch Hack. It will do every thing that flashing does and more, like being able to run homebrew applications for example. You can find modders in the services sticky at the top of the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

RGH and stick a terrabyte hdd in there and fill it up, best gaming related thing I ever did. I did it after paying for a couple of flashes only to find them disabled with each round of new games, plus dual layer blank dvds werent cheap, RGH gets rid of all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭Milkybarkid7

Thanks for the replies.

I have a laptop but no sata cable.
    Will I be able to RGH my slim?

How can I go about it, I can only find flashing/modding tutorials on the original larger 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not a hope, bring it to an expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Thanks for the replies.

I have a laptop but no sata cable.
    Will I be able to RGH my slim?

How can I go about it, I can only find flashing/modding tutorials on the original larger 360.

The RGH is a modchip, it needs to be installed into your console and coded with your CPU key. There is no need for a SATA cable for this job. If you don't know what the RGH is then you should leave the install to somebody more capable and minimise the risk of bricking your console.

To get back to your question most 360 Slim drives are locked, that is to say you cannot overwrite the DVD drive firmware. To flash these consoles you generally replace the DVD drive circuit board with a modified one. The cost of doing this is very close to the cost to pay somebody to RGH your console.

RGH is permanent, a DVD drive flash is not and will have to be done again if you ever update the dashboard on the console via a game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement