Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Outdoor Supplies - Mon 31st March

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-7C699135-64BCF774/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=113

Wondering what people think of that €20 tent? Anyone ever seen them before? Need a new one so I think Ill chance it once I feel the weight in the shop.

The rest doesnt look that great, Im never buying one of those Crivit jackets again for cycling or hiking, its pure sweatbox cheap plastic no matter how much ECO-BREATHcrap they stick on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Although I bought a pair of those hiking boots last time, the blue and gray versions of the ones in that link only a few weeks ago for a tenner from Lidl reduced from €20 and I absolutely love them, light as a pair of runners and Ive been all over Djouce, Sugarloaves, Lugalla and others in downpours and snow and my feet were warm and dry and comfortable, great bargain so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Thargor wrote: »
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-7C699135-64BCF774/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=113

Wondering what people think of that €20 tent? Anyone ever seen them before? Need a new one so I think Ill chance it once I feel the weight in the shop.

At 1.5 kg, it's lightweight. It's got taped seams. It's got 2000mm hydrostatic head, so it's supposed to be reasonably waterproof. It's got fibreglass poles, so it may not stand up to very high winds.

I wouldn't use it in very adverse conditions, or on top of a mountain, but it's lightweight and cheap.

EDIT: dimensions - 120 x 90 x 220cm. Should be okay.

It's got a 3 year guarantee. So if it's not up to scratch, bring it back.

Thargor wrote: »

The rest doesnt look that great, Im never buying one of those Crivit jackets again for cycling or hiking, its pure sweatbox cheap plastic no matter how much ECO-BREATHcrap they stick on them.

I've got 2 crivet 6.99 jackets for running and find them great. They are borderline plastic bags but all I want is something that passes the kit requirement on IMRA runs for 2 hours or so, where you expect to sweat heavily anyway, and they can nearly fit in the pocket of shorts. Wouldn't use them on long hikes mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Kid's boots are great - waterproof & robust.

Sporty t-shirts & tops are great - comfy, wick pretty well.

Sunglasses are great for the price.

Tent is probably muck, and at €20, no-one will avail of a 3-year warranty.

Should say I have one of their performance tops, a compression type top that I use a lot and find very good, so will probably call in for one of them. Skins compression tops can cost 10 times the price, and not sure they are ten times better. You can find ones with a more intermediate price alright mind, like Nike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement