Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoneline still not working

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Well here i am again seeing as eircom hasn't sorted out my dads problem. 

My dad got in eircom just over a month ago and still hasn't a working phoneline. I called them about a month ago to sort it out and i goes up to my dads today to find out that it's still not setup even though he has been paying for it. 

The Tv and broadband is fine it's just the phone line. The contract with eircom was for tv,broadband and phone and seeing as he wasn't and so far has never had the phone then him cancelling the contract without paying any early fees is what i'll tell him to do if as it isn't sorted and he's paying for a service that he isn't getting. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sciprio wrote: »
    Well here i am again seeing as eircom hasn't sorted out my dads problem. 

My dad got in eircom just over a month ago and still hasn't a working phoneline. I called them about a month ago to sort it out and i goes up to my dads today to find out that it's still not setup even though he has been paying for it. 

The Tv and broadband is fine it's just the phone line. The contract with eircom was for tv,broadband and phone and seeing as he wasn't and so far has never had the phone then him cancelling the contract without paying any early fees is what i'll tell him to do if as it isn't sorted and he's paying for a service that he isn't getting. Thanks.
    Hi Sciprio

I'm very sorry to hear this, Can you please PM me the efibre account number located on the bill and I will request technical support to look in to this futher?

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I sent a PM there. Thanks.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Sciprio

Thanks for the details, I have sent this to management in technical support and await a response. As soon as I have more information I will be in touch here right away.

Thanks

Al[/font]

Hi Sciprio

Thanks for the details, I have sent this to management in technical support and await a response. As soon as I have more information I will be in touch here right away.

Thanks

Al
    No worries. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Well scipirio, no surprise to me, eircom are currently holding my elderly mother to ransom, she is out in the cold at the moment ,the only place in the house where she can get a mobile signal to contact anyone, 2 weeks since her land line went down. as eircom are the only people who can fix her line and they refuse to send anyone out as she is a utv customer, though eircom are responsible for the line service.
    They have fixed the issue for eircom customers in the Area but not for her.
    Has anyone any idea how to get something done, at this stage we have had electricians, new equipment etc. utv are getting nowhere with them.i am at the stage we are talking about driving to their service centre and just waiting there till we find someone who can do something.

• Advertisement

bleary wrote: »
    Well scipirio, no surprise to me, eircom are currently holding my elderly mother to ransom, she is out in the cold at the moment ,the only place in the house where she can get a mobile signal to contact anyone, 2 weeks since her land line went down. as eircom are the only people who can fix her line and they refuse to send anyone out as she is a utv customer, though eircom are responsible for the line service.
    They have fixed the issue for eircom customers in the Area but not for her.
    Has anyone any idea how to get something done, at this stage we have had electricians, new equipment etc. utv are getting nowhere with them.i am at the stage we are talking about driving to their service centre and just waiting there till we find someone who can do something.

Hi bleary,

I'm very sorry to hear this, I'm aware of the importance of a phone line in this case so if you would like to PM me the landline number affected I will look in to this for an update and also request that this be treated with urgency.

Thanks
    Al

Hi, Is there any word on this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Sciprio,

I'll follow this up with Al and get back to you as soon as I know more.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Sciprio,

I'll follow this up with Al and get back to you as soon as I know more.

Thanks,

Tony
    Cheers for that. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

No worries at all.

Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement