Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox one fan is making annoying high frequency buzzing sound

• 27-03-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

I've had the xbox one since last november. The fan started making the noise a week ago while i was playing titanfall and its being doing it since. Its definatly the fan when i put my ear right up to it when i turn it on the console the sound starts as soon the fan starts up. Its not very loud its just really off putting. if i'm playing a loud game through surround sound system not as noticeable but i notice it especially when watch tv through it and really makes me want to plug out the tv from the hdmi input . Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any chance i could get a replacment? I don't think i can put up with it and obviously its not suppose to do that so would i be entitled to a replacement from the store where i bought it or microsoft?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,506 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

xbox one fan is making annoying high frequency buzzing sound
    Sometimes that happens to me when I'm playing Battlefield but there's usually a wat to mute their microphone through the in game menu

Little fanboyz are the worst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Akrasia wrote: »
    Sometimes that happens to me when I'm playing Battlefield but there's usually a wat to mute their microphone through the in game menu

Little fanboyz are the worst

haha very funny :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,506 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If your product is defective you have a choice to return it to Microsoft, or to the shop you bought it from

Legally, the shop is responsible, but they'll probably push you back to Microsoft to go through their warranty procedure.

The Xbox one is supposed to run almost silently, so if you're hearing a noise after only a few months, then it's defective and should be repaired or replaced under the warranty

Advertisement