If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY BRAVIA KDL42W829B

Options
  • 27-03-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Lads,

Been on a few times in relation to diff things, and thanks for all the great advice, but due to one thing and another never got to actually get anything off you. But "hopefully" all going well will be able to get:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl42w829b/sony-kdl42w829bbu
    and a soundbar to go along with it. What I am just wondering is have you seen the Sony yet as I know it's a 2014 model and if so what do you make of it or would anything else be ahead of it around the same price range.

And of course any recommendations of a soundbar to go along with it around the £200 price range would be greatly appreciated.

And one last question, space is kind of tight, and know dimensions for TV's normally are from diagonal corner to corner, I presume that is like a 45" angle?

Hope that all makes sense!

Cheers,

James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi James, cheers for the post.

We actually haven't seen the 42", but if the 50" is anything to go by then this is a cracking TV. The new Sony range so far has really impressed.

We have the 50" on display in the shop and they have been selling very well. One of your fellow boardies is going to take ownership of his 50" in the next few days.

The actual dimensions of the TV including frame etc are 958 wide x 600 high x 170 deep and this includes the stand. We have these available from our UK warehouse stock so getting one shipped to you would not be a problem.

On the soundbar front, there is a new Wharfedale one which has just arrived.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/wharfedale/vista-100/whar-vista-100

The sound from this is great and it has bluetooth and is very neat. It can also be wall mounted. 

I hope that helps but let us know if we can help any further.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Cheers for all that Dave, just one thing, how does the Wharfedale stand up to the Yamaha YAS201 which seems to have been the benchmark in that price range for a while now?

James

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cheers for all that Dave, just one thing, how does the Wharfedale stand up to the Yamaha YAS201 which seems to have been the benchmark in that price range for a while now?

James
    Jimmy,

theres no doubt that the YAS201 is a better unit than the Whardedale as it has a separate wireless subwoofer and its also been massively reduced now to clear and its just £199.95 - however it does not have Bluetooth, which the Wharfedale has and the Wharfedale is also really well reviewed - we just received them into stock today and they do appear to be excellent units.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hey John etc.

Following on from our little conversation recently I've been given the green card by my wonderful wife to update the TV etc. so now it boils down to what. I have a budget of £1000 max for both TV and soundbar, I had mentioned the Sony previously but also know the 2014 models are being released by most companies now.

What I'm looking for is 40-42" max width would have to be 960mm every other dimensions is fine, and since hopefully getting soundbar sound quality should be covered so picutre quality is what I'm looking for, TV will predominantly be used for Sky HD  and PS4.

If you need any more info that could help me out just let me know.

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey John etc.

Following on from our little conversation recently I've been given the green card by my wonderful wife to update the TV etc. so now it boils down to what. I have a budget of £1000 max for both TV and soundbar, I had mentioned the Sony previously but also know the 2014 models are being released by most companies now.

What I'm looking for is 40-42" max width would have to be 960mm every other dimensions is fine, and since hopefully getting soundbar sound quality should be covered so picutre quality is what I'm looking for, TV will predominantly be used for Sky HD  and PS4.

If you need any more info that could help me out just let me know.

Cheers,

Jimmy
    Jimmy,

thanks again for the opportunity to quote, the Sony KDL42W829 is a cracking TV and it just about scrapes into your width confines at 958mm wide.. at £699.95.

On other new models out, Panasonic have also just released the TX42AS600 which is a beautiful TV at the same price £699.95.

If you wanted to go for the 829 with the excellent Wharfedale Vista 100 soundbar http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/wharfedale/vista-100/whar-vista-100  the total would be £849.90 / €1059.99 which is within budget - I can do you a Boardie discount to take the two units to £829.95 / €1034.99 - delivery for the 2 units would be £39.95.

If you wanted to opt for the Yamaha YAS201 then the price for the two units would be £889.95/€1109.99 - and again delivery would be £39.95.

Both the Pana and the Sony 829 are scarcer than hens teeth at the moment but stock is freeing up over the next few weeks,

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the info, on all that you've mentioned both TV's and soundbars which option would you go with? Haven't seen anything on the Pana, must see what Google can tell me on that one.

No need to worry about delivery either, live in Newry so can just pop up and collect, give me a chance to see what else I can persuade herself we need!

Cheers

Jimmy

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for all the info, on all that you've mentioned both TV's and soundbars which option would you go with? Haven't seen anything on the Pana, must see what Google can tell me on that one.

No need to worry about delivery either, live in Newry so can just pop up and collect, give me a chance to see what else I can persuade herself we need!

Cheers

Jimmy
    Hi Jimmy the car.

We haven't had the NEW Panasonic screen in as of yet so haven't seen the picture in the flesh.

The picture on the Sony in cracking and we have one running here at the moment in the Belfast store.

The Yamaha is a much better soundbar in my opinion for both sound and with extra connections and the wireless subwoofer.

If you would like to call to the store we can have items held over for you to ensure that they are here for you when you make the trip.

I hope this helps!

Cheers for that Kenny, I might actually be up there tomorrow evening, just wondering are they on dislpay at the minute in store? And what kind of deal could you do on the Sony and Yamaha?!

Cheers for that Kenny, I might actually be up there tomorrow evening, just wondering are they on dislpay at the minute in store? And what kind of deal could you do on the Sony and Yamaha?!
    Hey Jimmy.

We currently have the 50" version of the Sony on Display so you will be able to get a look at the picture quality.
    Stock on the 42" will not be available until around next Friday 18th as sales of this screen has made us totally run out of stock even in our main warehouse.

The Yamaha YAS201 we have in stock no problem.

The best price on these two items would be the price quoted above by John of ££889.95/€1109.99.

That's great Kenny thanks for that, I'll pop in for a look tomorrow evening after work and we can go from there!

Thanks for all the help so far.

Jimmy

• Advertisement

That's great Kenny thanks for that, I'll pop in for a look tomorrow evening after work and we can go from there!

Thanks for all the help so far.

Jimmy
    No problem Jimmy.

I'm off tomorrow myself but if you ask for Chris and I'll fill him in on the items you are interested in.

Also tell him I said for him to make you a cup of tea or coffee ;)

Lads,

Just wanted to say really appreciated all the help getting the new TV and soundbar, am absolutely loving it so far and still fiddling about it with, you never warned me about all the settings I could play with! But so far so very good, and will definitely be back to when my bank card cools down a bit!

James

Lads,

Just wanted to say really appreciated all the help getting the new TV and soundbar, am absolutely loving it so far and still fiddling about it with, you never warned me about all the settings I could play with! But so far so very good, and will definitely be back to when my bank card cools down a bit!

James
    Hey James.

I'm glad that you are Happy with the screen and soundbar. There will be many hours of enjoyment to be had!

Should you have any questions or you require anything else ;) just drop me a PM.

Thanks for the Biz!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.