Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hdmi on soundbars

• 27-03-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭

i see a few comments everywhere saying no HDMI on a soundbar would be a deal breaker.

i'm looking to get one at the moment and there seem to be some very good ones without HDMI. would the sound quality drop that much if you only had an optical cable plugged to the TV and played the sound through there rather than the soundbar directly hooked up to the sky box/ps4 etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i've managed to narrow it down to 2:

Kitsound ovation slim sound bar (2 hdmi, optical, bluetooth)

Roth Sub zero 2 (optical and blue tooth)

all in all the Roth has had great reviews from respectable sources (trusted reviews, what hifi), but the kitsound has very good amazon reviews and an equalizer

thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

As long as you can hook it up within your system, I don't see why lack of HDMI would be a dealbreaker. Optical should be fine in terms of audio quality. I've never used blue tooth so I can't say anything about that, although I tend to be suspicious of wireless audio transmission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Luck100 wrote: »
    As long as you can hook it up within your system, I don't see why lack of HDMI would be a dealbreaker. Optical should be fine in terms of audio quality. I've never used blue tooth so I can't say anything about that, although I tend to be suspicious of wireless audio transmission.

cheers. ended up going for the below

http://www.trustedreviews.com/wharfedale-vista-100_Surround-Sound-System_review

Advertisement