Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add payee on 365 banking

Options
  • 27-03-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭

So I need to make a payment fairly urgently through banking 365.

So I set up a new payee but this then needs to be activated which seems pointless to me. So apparently they post out the activation code which I've been informed can take 5 working days.

Now I nneed to make a payment before the weekend. Surely ye are more efficient than this and there must be a way for me to make a payment quickly, I mean it's not rocket science.?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Hi Buddy Holly,[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thank you for posting your query on boards.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]In order to register a payee and make a payment a 7 digit activation code must be issued to you.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Once your mobile phone number is registered to receive payee activation codes, you can choose to receive the code by text which is instant. If not, the code will be sent to the home address on your account which can take up to five working days.

Information on registering your mobile phone can be found here.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]We hope this information is of benefit to you, if we can assist with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Arial", "sans-serif]Paula C[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheers but it's not much good to me in 5 days as the payment needs to be made before the weekend.

Don't see why it needs to be activated once I've set it up. I didn't set it up for it to be inactive and for not to be able to use it.

Seems like more red tape just to keep people in a jobs.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Buddy Holly[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Just to mention, once customers have registered and activated your mobile number, this will allow you to set up a payee on the day, receive an SMS with your security code within minutes for your new payee which can activate and transfer funds straight away. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So I took your advise and chose to activate my moible phone so that I could setup a payee because I need to transfer money to someone quickly before the weekend......"activation of mobile phone can take upto 7 working days".  

What a load of cobblers.  More red tape to keep people in jobs.  Typical. Well Done Bank Of Ireland. 

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

I have an account in N.ireland with the First Trust. I set up a payee account yesterday with my northern account and transferred €100 from my boi account to my First trust account. The €100 has gone from my boi account but hasnt  reached my First trust account. Are there any possible reasons for this, its over 24 hours at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

So I took your advise and chose to activate my moible phone so that I could setup a payee because I need to transfer money to someone quickly before the weekend......"activation of mobile phone can take upto 7 working days".  

What a load of cobblers.  More red tape to keep people in jobs.  Typical. Well Done Bank Of Ireland. 
    Hi Buddy Holly,

Many thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with the payee activation process on Bank of Ireland 365 Online. When you do receive the security code in the post and activate it, you will have the option of recieving future payee activation codes via sms. 

We will pass your comments regarding the proess to the BOI 365 Team.

Thanks

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi kerosene,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you requested the transfer before the 3.30pm cut off time yesterday, the funds will reach the receiving bank by close of business today. The receiving bank will then need to allocate the funds to the payee account. For more information on 365 Online transfers, please see here.

Thanks
    Tara

I made the transfer on wed evening approx 8pm. Is it unusual that it still isnt in my First Trust account. It was my first time using this service.

Thankyou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi kerosene,

Thanks for your post. 

As you say your payment was made after the cut-off time on Wednesday, and as yesterday was also a SEPA non processing day due to the May bank holiday, this would mean that your payment would begin processing today. 

Please find more information on this payment information for May 1st here

If you need help with any other query please just ask us. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

The money went through today, it was my first time using this method of payment and I thought I made an error along the way. Thankyou for all your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

Hi,

I've only just set up Banking 365, I am a credit card only customer and am unable to get the option to Add Payee (I want to pay my bill from an AIB account) either online or on the App, can you advise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

The_Dave wrote: »
    Hi,

I've only just set up Banking 365, I am a credit card only customer and am unable to get the option to Add Payee (I want to pay my bill from an AIB account) either online or on the App, can you advise?
    Hi The_Dave,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. There are some differences between the services that are offered on Banking 365 online and Card care. Some Card Care services such as make a payment with a non BOI card are not available through Banking 365 online.

There are a number of other ways to pay your credit card bill such as the following:

By Direct Debit
    Payment from another Bank
    Paying at a Bank of Ireland Branch.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

Hi Jen,

Could someone not suggest this as an enhancement as Banking 365 is basically pointless to me in this case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

The_Dave wrote: »
    Hi Jen,

Could someone not suggest this as an enhancement as Banking 365 is basically pointless to me in this case?
    Thanks for getting back to us here, Please be assured that we do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will be sure to pass this on. We will be further enhancing the servicing capability of the BOI App throughout 2021. 

Thanks Jen
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] 

[/font]

Advertisement